Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heavens, no. You’d see it coming and duck.
1) Self inflicted via a wall or
2) Wrecked the car & hit the windshield
3) Mom slapped the crap outta him
Did he say he was still in the car when they hit him?
If so, I would think it would be hard to hit him right in the middle of his forehead.
It looks more like his head (somehow) went straight down and struck the steering wheel or something. Imo

More from Maleah's Grandmother:

KHOU 11 News Houston @KHOU
Her daughter's flight was delayed. It was originally supposed to arrive at 10:07 p.m. She was texting with her while she was traveling. She asked her if she was almost home and she said, "No, I'm still at the airport. I'm still waiting on Darion to pick me up."

It was about midnight and she said she would wait a little while longer. At 12:50, her daughter texted her and asked if she could come pick her up. Grandmother says, "Keep in mind, it was Friday night, it was raining, it was awful."

When they arrived at daughter's house, she didn't have her keys to get in. She said they didn't know what to do but weren't thinking that they (Darion, Maleah and the toddler) were missing. They thought Darion was just circling around the airport so they decided to go to the Grandmother's house and wait.

When they went to the apartment the next morning, there was a police officer in the parking lot who asked the maintenance people to let them in. They didn't want to call the police department only to find out that Darion and the kids were simply in the house sleeping.

Okay....thought they were inside sleeping but the car wasn’t there???
She had to notice her car was not there Saturday morning. Or was it?

Hi, I don't post often, but there is so much going on with this case. Here's what I'm wondering about Sugar Land. How diverse is the neighborhood? Lets say that this whole story is legitimate. Would the people in the area have been likely to stop for a non-white male, with a head wound, who was probably dazed and frantic, even if there was a kid with him? I know many areas that people wouldn't. Its abnormal, which scares people. That could explain part of why it took 4 hours to get help.

Where did you read the mother was in another state? There is no firm timeline on when Maleah disappeared and when the plane landed.

I'm not accusing anyone, but the timeline is anything but solid.

According to interview with BB's mom, BB traveled to Hartford for her fathers funeral. She was returning Friday, had at least one layover (Charlottesville?), and arrived Houston 2 hours later than scheduled and/or about midnight.

If funeral and travel plan is correct, and MD abducted/disappeared Friday night before her mom returned home, then yes, BB was out of state and/or the area.

Not sleuthing the mom BB -- recapping the interview report.

MOO

KHOU 11 News Houston @KHOU

Last edited:
AMBER ALERT: Volunteers searching for Maleah Davis in wooded area near Bush Airport
[...]

“We’re focused on one thing,” he said. “That’s the baby.”

[...]

Equusearch will relocate to another area if investigators feel the need.

The group plans to continue its hunt for Maleah no matter this week’s weather.

“I don’t care if we have to walk through water up to our waists,” said Miller. “We’re here.”

[...]

In addition to the woods, search teams are also checking dumpsters in the area.

Meanwhile, volunteers have been handing out flyers in both the 59/Greens Road area and in Sugar Land.

[...]

I’m waaaayy back on page 17. Quick question.....does anyone find it odd that stepdad was hit in the middle of his forehead? Someone wants something you have, and they hit you in the head to take it, are they going to hit you in the forehead?
Am I the only person who sees what looks like a pipe shaped indent in the middle of that raised bump? Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. I’ve been thinking all along that it looks like exactly the kind of knot you’d have if you held a pipe shaped object in front of you and psyched your self up and swung it straight up into your forehead. I also think that’s about the only way you would get enough force to damage your own head. MOO

Hi, I don't post often, but there is so much going on with this case. Here's what I'm wondering about Sugar Land. How diverse is the neighborhood? Lets say that this whole story is legitimate. Would the people in the area have been likely to stop for a non-white male, with a head wound, who was probably dazed and frantic, even if there was a kid with him? I know many areas that people wouldn't. Its abnormal, which scares people. That could explain part of why it took 4 hours to get help.

I’m a 911 dispatcher... in my experience, tons of people won’t stop but many people would call this in. In any area. Guy with a baby with wound on his head trying to flag people down?

I’m a 911 dispatcher... in my experience, tons of people won’t stop but many people would call this in. In any area. Guy with a baby with wound on his head trying to flag people down?
Also I feel like now, after the fact people would be coming forward saying oh I didn’t stop, but I did see him. That doesn’t seem to be happening. MOO

Okay....thought they were inside sleeping but the car wasn’t there???
She had to notice her car was not there Saturday morning. Or was it?
Yeah, that seems a little strange. I don't think the car was there and I do think she noticed that. If they keep talking to the media, maybe we'll hear more about that. MOO

Why did BB not have a key to her own apartment?
In my own experience, when my partner goes out of town I keep her house key because it’s connected to her car keys. Then I have both sets of house keys here, but I will plan to be here to make sure she gets in the house when she returns!

'I just want to find my baby': Maleah Davis' mother makes emotional plea for help finding her daughter
The mother of a missing 4-year-old is begging for her safe return.

[...]

This past Friday, Brittany Bowens was flying back from Connecticut where she was attending her father’s funeral, according to Brenda.

[...]

Brenda said she picked up Brittany from the airport Friday when Vence didn't show up. They then went to Vence’s apartment but couldn’t get in.

Brenda says they went back to her house, never assuming the worst.

Brenda says when they were still unable to get in touch with Vence the next morning, Saturday, they went to police; twice.

Several hours later, Vence and the 2-year-old turned up at Houston Methodist in Sugar Land. Sunday, an Amber Alert was issued for Maleah.

[...]

I wonder if anything else in addition to DV's story led to this search. Pings, etc. I also live near the airport but that they live down in Sugarland makes it feel like finding Maleah is a needle in a haystack. I really hope he did have a cell on him and it won't be long for pings or vehicle data. Please let there be digital breadcrumbs for LE to follow. It will take forever to sift through camera footage but most of the cases I've followed they've gotten cell data in a few days.

Aw, no new information really, but this is my favorite photo of Maleah. :)

Missing girl allegedly kidnapped by ‘three men in a truck’ was previously removed by social services after head injury abuse allegations
Maleah-Davis-photo-2-.jpg

[...]

“My spirit is broken. I feel so lost,” Maleah’s mother, Brittany Bowens, told ABC 13 Houston. “I can’t concentrate. I can’t focus. It’s just … it’s so overwhelming for me. It doesn’t seem real.”

The mother’s heartbreaking words were expressed while reports surfaced that Maleah and her two younger siblings were removed from the family home last year after allegations that the girl’s head injury happened due to physical abuse. The children were returned in February, according to the outlet.

During a Sunday afternoon press conference, Sargent Mark Holbrook with the Houston Police Department announced that 5-year-old Maleah Davis developed a traumatic brain injury that required numerous surgeries. He added that at the time, he didn’t have any information that pointed toward abuse.

[...]

I'd like to know where the cell phone pings could lead... but DV doesn't have a phone.

Wonder what his own family and friends would say ?
As in; he had one, but lost it ?
Or someone stole it ?
Or he shared phones with BB since there are phone bills to pay and maybe having only one was cheaper ?

Still strikes me as unusual. Very few people walking around on this earth who do not own a phone. Js.
Also curious if any friends or fam. of DV have come forward to support him ?

Eta : Finding this phone could lead to a wealth of information !

Esp. since he was driven around with the perps for 24 hours before the left him and his son by the mall.
Since his car is missing, I presume the abductors also took his car with them ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member