Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: now that the CPS report has been mentioned, we still can’t publicly sleuth more info about it, right?

According to CPS officials, the girl and her two siblings - 5-year-old and 1-year-old boys - were removed as the agency investigated allegations of physical abuse related to her head injury.

Children were reportedly removed from home Aug 2018 - Feb 2019.

LE stated DV is not poi.

BB (mom) was not in Tx when MD allegedly disappeared, and also not named poi.

If/when either named as suspect/poi, sleuthing may proceed.

MOO

According to CPS officials, the girl and her two siblings - 5-year-old and 1-year-old boys - were removed as the agency investigated allegations of physical abuse related to her head injury.

LE stated DV is not poi.

MOO
I know. Just making sure before I get myself in trouble.

I'm getting a bit heartsick at the children removed from home, returned home and then missing.

Regardless of who took this specific young girl, this seems to be a trend lately.

I hope this child is found alive. Poor thing.

More from Maleah's Grandmother:

KHOU 11 News Houston @KHOU
Her daughter's flight was delayed. It was originally supposed to arrive at 10:07 p.m. She was texting with her while she was traveling. She asked her if she was almost home and she said, "No, I'm still at the airport. I'm still waiting on Darion to pick me up."

It was about midnight and she said she would wait a little while longer. At 12:50, her daughter texted her and asked if she could come pick her up. Grandmother says, "Keep in mind, it was Friday night, it was raining, it was awful."

When they arrived at daughter's house, she didn't have her keys to get in. She said they didn't know what to do but weren't thinking that they (Darion, Maleah and the toddler) were missing. They thought Darion was just circling around the airport so they decided to go to the Grandmother's house and wait.

When they went to the apartment the next morning, there was a police officer in the parking lot who asked the maintenance people to let them in. They didn't want to call the police department only to find out that Darion and the kids were simply in the house sleeping.

So it sounds like Darion didn't have a cell phone. That really surprises me. <modsnip: sleuthing social media of non POI/suspect>

Last edited by a moderator:

LE stated DV is not poi.

MOO
Where did LE say that DV is not a poi? This is the only quote I’ve seen from LE and IMO it is purposely confusing and noncommittal: “The father is the last person that we know was with the child, so of course we’ve looked at him, and that’s why we’re out here checking his story, because he said he was out here on Greens Road, and he lives down in the Sugar Land area, and he was at the hospital in Sugar Land,” Det. Ken Fregia of the Houston Police Homicide Division said. ‘I JUST WANT TO FIND MY BABY': Mom, grandmother of Maleah Davis speak out

More from Maleah's Grandmother:

Her daughter's flight was delayed. It was originally supposed to arrive at 10:07 p.m. She was texting with her while she was traveling. She asked her if she was almost home and she said, "No, I'm still at the airport. I'm still waiting on Darion to pick me up."

It was about midnight and she said she would wait a little while longer. At 12:50, her daughter texted her and asked if she could come pick her up. Grandmother says, "Keep in mind, it was Friday night, it was raining, it was awful."

When they arrived at daughter's house, she didn't have her keys to get in. She said they didn't know what to do but weren't thinking that they (Darion, Maleah and the toddler) were missing. They thought Darion was just circling around the airport so they decided to go to the Grandmother's house and wait.

When they went to the apartment the next morning, there was a police officer in the parking lot who asked the maintenance people to let them in. They didn't want to call the police department only to find out that Darion and the kids were simply in the house sleeping.

BBM:

Oh.
K.

Can someone else perched on the fence w/ me please pass down the aspirin?
Cause this part right here's giving me a headache.
TIA.

Last edited:
Maleah Davis had been removed from home in August, returned from CPS custody, officials say
Child Protective Services have confirmed that missing Maleah Davis, 4, and her two brothers, 5 and 1, were removed from their home in August 2018 by CPS.

According to CPS, the removal was due to allegations of physical abuse (looking at investigating just the mom in August), related to Maleah’s head injury, which required several brain surgeries.

She and her two siblings were returned home in February, per an order from a judge.

[...]

CPS is working with law enforcement and family to try to help find Maleah.

[...]
Wonder who made the allegations?
I'm sure CPS is helping....we can have this discussion later...again.
Of course, the judge sent them back....for a later discussion.

Tuesday or Wednesday?
I thought from the video that the grandmom said that the mom flew out on Tuesday. If so then that's a long time if DV was alone with the kids until then.
Question from off camera reporter When was the last time you spoke with Maleah?
“I wanna say Monday, because Brittany was flying out Tuesday and she was at my house washing clothes.” I take this to mean that Maleah and B.B. were at her house Monday washing clothes for the trip on Tuesday. In video at about 7:20 mark

Question from off camera reporter When was the last time you spoke with Maleah?
“I wanna say Monday, because Brittany was flying out Tuesday and she was at my house washing clothes.” I take this to mean that Maleah and B.B. were at her house Monday washing clothes for the trip on Tuesday. In video at about 7:20 mark

That makes sense because I believe she also said the funeral service was on Wednesday. MOO

From this video around the 7:30 mark,
I think I heard the reporter ask when was the last time the grandma saw ____? I couldn't make out if the reporter asked about Maleah or BB. Sounds like the grandma last saw whoever it was the reporter asked about was on Monday when BB came over to do laundry and that BB flew out on Tuesday.

Around the 12:30 mark, I think the reporter asks when the services were for BB's father. That's what I think the grandma was responding to when she said it was on Wednesday.

Just some clarification for anyone trying to peace together a timeline like I am. Just in case this turns out to be some made-up timeline like AJ Freund's parents tried to do.

I can't imagine. It's been nagging at me too. MOO

I believe he had a phone, and more likely he was annoyed that BB's flight was going to be late -- requiring that he be out with 2 young children after midnight.

Seems to me that BB was not alarmed when DV did not open door for her when she arrived apartment well after midnight.

Perhaps she believed DV was annoyed about her late flight, and/or that she may wake the children walking in -- especially if he struggled to get them down after 10pm when she did not arrive.

Late flights seems to be a source of anger for some men featured on WS...

MOO

Wonder who made the allegations?
I'm sure CPS is helping....we can have this discussion later...again.
Of course, the judge sent them back....for a later discussion.
It may have been the hospital? The way everyone keeps talking about her “bone flap” and the way her nana traced her finger on her own head when describing her scar makes me think she had a crani which is pretty serious. They may just have alerted cps due to the story they got in the ED. MOO

Where did LE say that DV is not a poi? This is the only quote I’ve seen from LE and IMO it is purposely confusing and noncommittal: “The father is the last person that we know was with the child, so of course we’ve looked at him, and that’s why we’re out here checking his story, because he said he was out here on Greens Road, and he lives down in the Sugar Land area, and he was at the hospital in Sugar Land,” Det. Ken Fregia of the Houston Police Homicide Division said. ‘I JUST WANT TO FIND MY BABY': Mom, grandmother of Maleah Davis speak out

It's been broadcast in the several video news reports linked in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela