Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not trying to say that I think she was faking any of it. I thought that she sounded very sincere when talking about her daughter!! It’s just the way it felt in my gut. I’m probably looking through the lense of the only other thing I have heard from her which is that she believes DVs story 100%. Do any of us believe his story 100%. I don’t know. I’m certainly not infallible. My gut isn’t always right. JMO thanks to everyone who disagrees for being kind about it!

I completely respect your opinion. :)

I’m not trying to say that I think she was faking any of it. I thought that she sounded very sincere when talking about her daughter!! It’s just the way it felt in my gut. I’m probably looking through the lense of the only other thing I have heard from her which is that she believes DVs story 100%. Do any of us believe his story 100%. I don’t know. I’m certainly not infallible. My gut isn’t always right. JMO thanks to everyone who disagrees for being kind about it!
Bolding mine

If BB still believes DV's account tomorrow, the next day... or when Maleah is found --- then I'll struggle with doubts about her.
Only because I'm wondering if she saw warning signs from him and ignored them, in order to keep him with her ?
That is not judging her.
She might be a lonely person. I can respect that.
But --- If there are children involved and in danger -- you might need to kick the bugger to the curb.

I feel like Maleah is gone. Sorry to be so negative.
I guess it's because of her physical state.
She's had surgery and is just a fragile little girl !

I don't feel that the mother is involved. That said, I long ago quit watching and analyzing videos. There is just no way to tell what someone is crying for. The victim that they love? Themselves because they totally effed up and know it? Or they are a great actor. Of course there are some like CW. But I find for the most part it's hard to gauge the reason behind their emotions.

‘I JUST WANT TO FIND MY BABY': Mom, grandmother of Maleah Davis speak out
[...]

“The father is the last person that we know was with the child, so of course we’ve looked at him, and that’s why we’re out here checking his story, because he said he was out here on Greens Road, and he lives down in the Sugar Land area, and he was at the hospital in Sugar Land,” Det. Ken Fregia of the Houston Police Homicide Division said.

Maleah’s mother, Brittany Bowens, spoke out on Monday, pleading, “If’s there anybody that can help me, please, please. I just want to find my baby.”

When describing little Maleah, she says, “Maleah is a sweet girl. She loves to dance. She’s always happy. She’s very helpful… she has a beautiful spirit.”

Maleah’s grandmother said her daughter and Maleah’s mother, Brittany Bowens, was returning home from burying her father when she found out the news.

“This is just something that I wouldn’t wish on anybody,” Maleah’s grandmother said. “She’s a very brave little girl. Being that the surgery she’s had, she is strong. And I know if she’s listening to this, I want you to know that Nana loves you, and I promise to take you to Lake Charles, and I still want to do that.”
Brittany seems completely overwhelmed to me, and as someone who has buried her father, I totally understand why.

Grandma Bowens seems like a straight shooter. I think she’d turn her daughter in herself if she thought she had anything to do with it. I respect her not going down the road with stepdad. His absence is glaring, imo. He’s not helping look for Brittany, he’s not at the press conference. But maybe the police are questioning him.

More from Maleah's Grandmother:

KHOU 11 News Houston @KHOU
Her daughter's flight was delayed. It was originally supposed to arrive at 10:07 p.m. She was texting with her while she was traveling. She asked her if she was almost home and she said, "No, I'm still at the airport. I'm still waiting on Darion to pick me up."

It was about midnight and she said she would wait a little while longer. At 12:50, her daughter texted her and asked if she could come pick her up. Grandmother says, "Keep in mind, it was Friday night, it was raining, it was awful."

When they arrived at daughter's house, she didn't have her keys to get in. She said they didn't know what to do but weren't thinking that they (Darion, Maleah and the toddler) were missing. They thought Darion was just circling around the airport so they decided to go to the Grandmother's house and wait.

When they went to the apartment the next morning, there was a police officer in the parking lot who asked the maintenance people to let them in. They didn't want to call the police department only to find out that Darion and the kids were simply in the house sleeping.

Seems everything that could go wrong did go wrong:

BB traveled to Hartford on Weds to bury her father.

Flight was delayed on Friday according to BB's mom.

After DV did not show to collect BB around midnight, she asked mother to come get her about 12:50AM Saturday.

BB arrived at her apartment only to be locked out, and nobody home and/or opening the door.

BB went to her Mom's home and returned to her apartment on Saturday morning -- still not able to get inside.

Police officer in the parking lot was instrumental in getting maintenance to unlock apartment for BB.

BB went to police to file missing report but report was incomplete.

BB mother assisted to complete missing report.

During second follow up call, LE allegedly told BB/mother that office was closed weekends.

I believe family must have used the non-emergency number.

I believe BB may have been hesitant to report incident knowing CPS may become involved.

Children were reportedly removed from home Aug 2018 - Feb 2019 after Maleah fell and had head injury.

MOO

‘I JUST WANT TO FIND MY BABY': Mom, grandmother of Maleah Davis speak out
[...]

“The father is the last person that we know was with the child, so of course we’ve looked at him, and that’s why we’re out here checking his story, because he said he was out here on Greens Road, and he lives down in the Sugar Land area, and he was at the hospital in Sugar Land,” Det. Ken Fregia of the Houston Police Homicide Division said.

Maleah’s mother, Brittany Bowens, spoke out on Monday, pleading, “If’s there anybody that can help me, please, please. I just want to find my baby.”

When describing little Maleah, she says, “Maleah is a sweet girl. She loves to dance. She’s always happy. She’s very helpful… she has a beautiful spirit.”

Maleah’s grandmother said her daughter and Maleah’s mother, Brittany Bowens, was returning home from burying her father when she found out the news.

“This is just something that I wouldn’t wish on anybody,” Maleah’s grandmother said. “She’s a very brave little girl. Being that the surgery she’s had, she is strong. And I know if she’s listening to this, I want you to know that Nana loves you, and I promise to take you to Lake Charles, and I still want to do that.”

does Maleah have a black eye (at 1:06 in the video) or is it a shadow on her skin?

Missing girl Maleah Davis was in CPS custody for 6 months; Texas Equusearch joins effort to find her | abc13.com

"...According to CPS officials, the girl and her two siblings - 5-year-old and 1-year-old boys - were removed as the agency investigated allegations of physical abuse related to her head injury...."

".... In an exclusive interview with ABC13 Eyewitness News, Brittany Bowens, Davis' mother, said it was determined a fall was the cause of the girl's injuries..."

Snipped for brevity and bolding mine

CPS still felt it prudent to remove the children despite BB saying it was a fall ?

A fall can be an accident or the result of a violent act.
As in, a child is pushed down a stairs -- where the 'push' was violent, but tumbling down the stairs could also be seen as an accident.
We'll probably never know.
Also seems as though BB is quick to defend DV.
Maybe she's just a very compassionate person, though ?

I was wondering how she received the head injury and although we still aren’t certain, the fact that CPS was involved and now the same child is missing and endangered speaks volumes. Not sure about mom but grandma just got me “nana is coming for you” I felt that pain... my grand babies are my world- just like my children are. I’m praying for this grandma right now. Oh, what has this world come to....MOO

I don't find it too suspicious that the cause for Maleah's injuries was an accidental fall. This stuff happens, specially when there are several children at the home. Had a situation in my family where a 6 year-old-boy broke his leg pretty badly because he was climbing on a dresser and it fell on top of his leg. He was with his two siblings, all seemed fine until the mother heard the poor kid screamming in agony. A year later, with the same set of siblings by the way, the oldest child was carrying the youngest child around, stumbled and fell and the youngest hit his head really badly, later in the night, the boy was very sleepy and fell asleep on the kitchen bench, ended up falling again and hitting his head, the poor kid threw up a bunch of times and was very sleepy, so the mother took him to the hospital and he ended up having to spend two nights there. I know this is off topic and everything, but I just want to say that this type of stuff does happen with kids and there's really nobody to blame for it and not everything is child abuse, sometimes it's just kids being kids.

does Maleah have a black eye (at 1:06 in the video) or is it a shadow on her skin?
I'm going to say that she has dark circles (I see them under both of her eyes). The circles seem to be present in all of her photos.

KHOU 11 News Houston on Twitter
4-year-old Houston girl Maleah Davis has now been missing for more than 48 hours. Let's continue to RT her photos and name until she is brought home safe, it only takes two seconds .. Details here-> https://on.khou.com/2PO1HjH #HTownRush #KHOU11
D54mSvxXoAAh-FQ.jpg

7:37 AM - 6 May 2019

Still catching up for the day. If we all have managed to come up with a huge punch list of hink imagine the questions LE has!

Unconscious on and off for 24 hours?
3 Hispanic men kidnap the family then drive around with them for 24 hours?
Half hour max walk to hospital takes hours?
Stepdad waits until he’s finished being treated at hospital before reporting Maleah missing?
Stepdad asks a relative to report?
What did the younger child do for 24 hours while his dad was knocked out?
Why would the kidnappers bother to undo the car seats (or at least the little boy’s car seat) and transfer all of them to another vehicle only to release two a day later?

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg! Something stinks and it ain’t my feet!

I believe the week was stacking up for DV:

His gf BB lost her father, and left him alone with at least 2 young children Weds - Friday to attend his funeral.

DV alleges he was near airport around 9pm Friday when abduction occurred.

BB's flight was originally scheduled to arrive around 10pm but delayed until midnight.

9pm is already late enough to be out with 2 young children, and the flight delay may have been the last straw for him.

I don't believe 3 men in a blue truck exist.

I believe DV lost control..

MOO

Last edited:
If you couldn't view the video interview with Maleah's Mother and Grandmother at the KHOU 11 link, here is the YouTube. The video is 14 minutes long but well worth watching.

P.S. I think I may have burned supper.

that video is only 5 minutes long and doesn't include the mother speaking (only the grandmother) ... does anyone have another link where the mother speaks? I keep looking but can't find it

I believe the week was stacking up for DV:

His gf BB lost her father, and left him alone with at least 2 young children Weds - Friday.

DV alleges he was near airport around 9pm Friday when abduction occurred.

BB's flight was originally scheduled to arrive around 10pm but delayed until midnight.

9pm is already late enough to be out with 2 young children, and the flight delay may have been the last straw for him.

I don't believe 3 men in a blue truck exist.

I believe DV lost control, and MD is buried somewhere.

MOO

Tuesday or Wednesday?
I thought from the video that the grandmom said that the mom flew out on Tuesday. If so then that's a long time if DV was alone with the kids until then.

Maleah Davis had been removed from home in August, returned from CPS custody, officials say
Child Protective Services have confirmed that missing Maleah Davis, 4, and her two brothers, 5 and 1, were removed from their home in August 2018 by CPS.

According to CPS, the removal was due to allegations of physical abuse (looking at investigating just the mom in August), related to Maleah’s head injury, which required several brain surgeries.

She and her two siblings were returned home in February, per an order from a judge.

[...]

CPS is working with law enforcement and family to try to help find Maleah.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member