Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Derion Vence: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
[...]

EquuSearch said on May 7 that the search was being moved from where Vence said he had been kidnapped from and where he was dropped off to near his apartment in southwest Houston.

Police spelled Vence’s name as Darion Vence on social media, but according to public records, his name is actually spelled Derion Vence.

[...]

According to Facebook posts, Vence and Bowens have been together for several years.

Derion Vence goes by the name Slim Vence on Facebook and works in the music industry. His Linkedin profile shows he has also worked at a Houston hotel as a steward supervisor...

Vence is originally from St. Louis, Missouri, and has a company called Superhouse Entertainment LLC, according to his now-deleted Facebook page.

[...]

The Houston Police Department told FOX26 that Darion Vence is now a "person of interest," after claiming that Maleah Davis was kidnapped by the men after he was beaten unconscious but, eventually, he and his 2-year-old son were allowed to go free.

Initially, police said he told detectives that he walked to the hospital after being in and out of consciousness for almost 24 hours before reporting her missing. But then officials from the Sugar Land Police Department, which is helping Houston police with the investigation, told FOX26 Tuesday afternoon that Vence said he was dropped off, making his story inconsistent.
Stepfather of missing Houston girl, 4, 'person of interest' in her disappearance, report says

I think K9s weren't brought in and that's prompted the new direction of searching. That or he's talking. I hate this - but the sooner she is found hopefully the cause of death can be obvious. That being said I will gladly accept a miracle.

I don’t know how to create a map. Maybe I will try when I’m on a computer and not my phone.

The Meadows Place Apartments are just North of 59/69, east of HWY 6 and west of HWY 8. It’s a Stafford address, pretty close to Sugar Land. (It’s a 10 minute drive - west to the Houston Methodist Hospital in Sugar Land).

The location he regained consciousness and memory is at Hwy 6 and 59/69. This is about a mile east of the hospital.

Bush International Airport (IAH) is north of Houston. It is west of 69 and east of I-45. It is N of 8 and south of 99. It is near Humble in the Aldine area. It is 37 miles from the Meadow Place Apartments to the Airport. There are many different routes one could take. The fastest would be to take HWY 8, which turns into the Sam Houston Tollway. It avoids downtown Houston.

The intersection of Greens Rd and 69 (alleged abduction site) is up in North Houston / Humble area. It is going to be south and east of the airport, but along a possible route to the airport. It is N of HWY 8.

ETA search area “Eastex Freeway and Greens Road” - Eastex Freeway is another term for 69 upon that area.

NOTE: the Meadows Place Apartments off Kirkwood that I found indicates these are Senior Living Apartments.

Apartments for Rent in Stafford, TX | Meadows Place Senior Village - Home

Thanks but PommyMommy already created a great map. Maleah Davis map

The Houston Police Department told FOX26 that Darion Vence is now a "person of interest," after claiming that Maleah Davis was kidnapped by the men after he was beaten unconscious but, eventually, he and his 2-year-old son were allowed to go free.

Initially, police said he told detectives that he walked to the hospital after being in and out of consciousness for almost 24 hours before reporting her missing. But then officials from the Sugar Land Police Department, which is helping Houston police with the investigation, told FOX26 Tuesday afternoon that Vence said he was dropped off, making his story inconsistent.
Stepfather of missing Houston girl, 4, 'person of interest' in her disappearance, report says
Finally! Thanks for posting the info.

Just remembered this BEAUTIFUL Texas law. You can read in what you want but it's about no particular person.
I'm sitting here stewing and stewing and not just at one person, but many , CPS included. I remembered a case where a mom listened to her husband abuse her daughter for YEARS and did nothing and her butt went to jail , too, for failing to protect her child.

Texas Child Abuse Laws - FindLaw

''Inflicting or failing to reasonably prevent others from inflicting mental or emotional injury impairing child's growth, development, or psychological functioning; physical injury resulting in substantial harm, or which is at variance with explanation given; sexual abuse, exploitation, use of controlled substance resulting in mental or physical harm to child''

Who has to report? ""Professionals" including teachers, nurses, doctors, day care employees, employees of state-licensed or certified organizations with direct contact with children, clergy, mental health professional, attorney, reproductive health clinic worker, any person''

Unless there is a confirmed sighting of M after Tue, other than DV, that baby could be hundreds of miles away.

I believe if there was not a verified sighting on Thursday or Friday we'd be seeing a different search entirely.

I would love to know where on her head Maleah suffered such damage that caused her to need surgery for a TBI. Makes me wonder if it was smack dab in the middle of her forehead.

I was presuming no because there wasn't a scar was there? But maybe we just can't see it.

Who was watching the children while DV was at work and BB was gone?

Daycare/school of some kind I'm sure.

From the link:

BREAKING- “He’s not with me, he was with his brother.” Maleah’s mother says of the step-father. “His story, it don’t sound right...Honestly, I haven’t really talked to him much because I’ve been focused on finding Maleah. I called his family...and he’s devastated.” #MaleahDavis
BREAKING- “His story doesn’t make sense, it doesn’t. But in my gut, I believe him.” Brittany Bowens, mother of missing 4-year-old #MaleahDavis tells me when asked if she believes her fiancé’s story. In a wide ranging phone interview she also denies any abuse at the home.

12:01 PM · May 7, 2019 from Houston, TX · Twitter for iPhone

She's coming around to reality. It won't be a fun process though.

I haven't seen any information about the second boy. I am assuming he is a twin to the toddler that was with them? So, where was he during this abduction?

Also, my forty year old nephew had a stroke and they removed the right side of his skull to let the brain swell and it was put back on six months later. They called it bone flap.

The other child is a year older than Maleah.
The kids are 5, 4 and turning 2 next week.

I was thinking maybe he hit his head ' on accident' climbing under a house, over a tree, etc. to hide some 'evidence' and the presented himself with a really good story along the way. But now I'm wondering if he crashed the missing car, possibly in an altered state, injuring himself and possibly M as well. It's so strange the car has not shown up.

Airbags would have gone off and he'd have had at least some of that residue (powder-like substance) on him if he crashed. His photo does not give good vibes. Whatever he got hit with left a pump knot and some scratches. I think, at this point, Maleah is possibly with the vehicle.

I've seen MSM report that DV and BB have been together for "several years" and have the son together. The son is over a year old. I haven't seen confirmation anywhere, but I'm assuming they've been living together since then. Meaning DV & BB were in the home at the time that Maleah sustained her head injury. The injury that was "possible abuse" which caused her and BOTH other boys (according to MSM) to be removed from the home.

From the articles I've read, all 3 children appear to have been returned to their care in February (6 months duration of removal) by a judge however custody remained with CPS and CPS was to have monthly checks on the family.

Has anyone found any more detailed information about the events surrounding Maleah's head injury? Since it has been stated as "abuse" as opposed to "neglect" I would assume one or both of DV & BB were home at the time of the injury. Was abuse substantiated? I haven't seen anything other than "possible abuse."

I'd be interested to know WHO was home with Maleah and caused the "possible" abuse. If it was DV I have a *very* hard time believing that BB "believes" his current story of her abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaGitana