Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That article was way before anything was released in the presser and was definitely very bad reporting on them. They did not collaborate that info that someone dropped him off. During the presser we heard what he told them. That he walked to the hospital. Untruthful reporting just muddies the waters and I so wish outlets would stop it. It’s not worth it to be the first with a story. Not when a child is in danger.
There was a lot of confusion in the presser. So not really sure if it was the media, LE, or POI.

I think it was DV driving the Altima at around 3pm on Saturday. He disposed of MD's body and then ditched the car.

I would imagine when they find that car, they'll find other evidence too (which DV has already tried to explain away), such as blood stains. The only reason to dispose of the car and make up a story of this magnitude might possibly be in that missing vehicle. I doubt they'll find three sets of hispanic fingerprints. JMO, MOO. Have they searched the airport parking lot? Other apartment complex parking lots nearby?

1. Massachusetts I believe.
2. BB's mom said she left Tuesday, funeral was Wed and she was flying home Friday.
3. Last I know of is BB's mom said she saw Maleah on Monday while her and BB were at grandma's home doing laundry.

Thank you. I just started paying attention to this case today. I know I'm probably preaching to the choir by saying this, but here are my initial observations:

Mr. Vence's story is not credible at all. His head injury looks like it was caused by slamming his forehead into a very hard, flat, somewhat smooth surface, such as a concrete wall. Sadly, the body of this beautiful innocent child is probably in her mother's car at the bottom of a nearby body of water. I haven't seen enough of Ms. Bowen to develop an opinion of her innocence or culpability. However, because Mr. Vence's story begins with his alleged trip to the airport to pick up Ms. Bowens, I'm more inclined to believe she was not involved -- that Vence caused the death of Maleah and then concocted this cover story when he absolutely had to, before her mother returned home. Although, if the allegations of previous abuse are true, she bears responsibility for being with this man, raising children with him and leaving them in his care.

The Heavy article mentions him as owning superhouse entertainment. Interestingly, he seems to be scrubbed from the only instagram I see with superhouse in the name.
I saw some solid evidence that he is part of a rap duo, that did some shows at various clubs/venues. They released an album and seemed to be up and coming. Not sure if they made much money or not yet, but he was putting in a lot of effort to be playing gigs at those clubs.

Saw the posters and the album cover and the promo for it. And some youtube videos of the gigs. ALL of that has been scrubbed now. He closed it all down. Or someone did.
I noticed too, interestingly the other half of his duo is all that shows.

How would he get a hold of a friend if he didn't have s phone? And if he could communicate with a friend, why didn't he call 911?
I never really thought he didn't have a phone. As in, "I don't even own one."
More like he 'lost' it.
Or maybe the 3 kidnappers took it along with his car -- and himself and the two little children.
Until they "thoughtfully" left him by the mall.
Since they were kidnappers with a conscience.
Cue sarcasm.

I completely forgot that it had been mentioned that he was dropped off at the hospital, only recalling when it was released that he is now POI.
I went back to the beginning of the thread.
Post #48 by @Henry2326 has an article linked, and some of the content snipped into the post.

From the original post #48 snip:
He said he flagged down a passerby, who drove him to a hospital, where he was treated for minor injuries, police said. His toddler was not harmed.

While at the hospital, the stepfather called a relative and asked them contact the police, authorities said.

But the article linked was changed, and now reads:

"He wakes up. He has his son ... with him. He begins walking around. He tries to summon help. Nobody's really helping him," Holbrook said, recounting Vence's account.

He said Vence told police that he walked with his son to Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital, arriving about 10 or 11 p.m. He was treated for a head injury and police were called.

Amber Alert issued after 4-year-old girl allegedly abducted by 3 carjackers: Police

So the FIRST story was that he was dropped off, later changed to no one would help him.

I saw upthread that BB was called in to view some video footage, and I assumed that it was him being dropped off - but now I wonder.

Thanks for reminding me of this initial post. I thought then this was probably an account given by family member as it did not coincide with the police presser, or even the ABC news link given (story updated).

Certainly the good Samaritan would have surfaced and/or LE would have confirmed this story.

I do believe DV was captured on surveillance arriving at hospital in vehicle, and that forced the account that made him a POI with Houston Police.

MOO

Three questions:
1. Where was Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens, flying in from?
2. How long had Ms. Bowens been away from home?
3. When was Maleah last seen by someone other than stepfather Darion Vence or her mother?

My apologies if these questions have already been asked and answered.

BBM- I bet Tim Miller knows- ykwim???

Exactly. What is it about a small, adorable, vulnerable, innocent, sweet child that some (mostly) males see them as punching bags? :-(

It wasn't so much that she was a little girl. It was just not HIS little girl. I had that sense as soon as there was another child involved in the scene. MOO

Maleah Davis update: Stepdad's initial story didn't add up, Sugar Land police say
[...]

Vence arrived at Sugar Land Methodist Hospital Saturday night, appearing to have fresh wounds from an attack. He said he had been in and out of consciousness since the attack and didn't really know where he was until 6 p.m. Saturday. That's when he said he walked to the hospital for treatment.

On Tuesday, the Sugar Land police spokesman said Vence's story has changed since he first talked to investigators -- specifically the nature of how he got to the hospital.

He said Sugar Land police is assisting the Houston Police Department, who are leading the investigation.

On Tuesday, the Sugar Land police spokesman said Vence's story has changed since he first talked to investigators -- specifically the nature of how he got to the hospital.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member