TX - Maria Gonzalez, 11, father found her dead underneath a bed in their apt, strangled, SA & beaten, Pasadena, 12 Aug 2023 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this is unusual too. Someone took time to hide her little body instead of putting distance.
Maybe the perpetrator hid her under the bed to give him a bit of a head start -- maybe it was done to make dad or family members think Maria was not at home. The perp couldn't have known about Maria's call to her dad, so the perpetrator might have hoped they would go outside looking for her.
Who knoze? Just a thought, but hiding her under the bed is odd, for sure.
Glad that there are a few relatives close by -- it usually helps in terrible times.
Hoping LE will get some good clues (DNA, let's hope; fingerprints; some neighbor seeing the person go or come from the apartment; possibly seeing a vehicle come & go.

Fly high, pretty girl.

Maybe the perpetrator hid her under the bed to give him a bit of a head start -- maybe it was done to make dad or family members think Maria was not at home. The perp couldn't have known about Maria's call to her dad, so the perpetrator might have hoped they would go outside looking for her.
Who knoze? Just a thought, but hiding her under the bed is odd, for sure.
Glad that there are a few relatives close by -- it usually helps in terrible times.
Hoping LE will get some good clues (DNA, let's hope; fingerprints; some neighbor seeing the person go or come from the apartment; possibly seeing a vehicle come & go.

Fly high, pretty girl.
The hiding under the bed might be an indication of remorse. Another thought is, he might just not be all that bright and thought he was hiding her.

Not accusing, but why does the mother still live in Guatamala? Are the parents divorced and dad has custody? I know it doesn't have much to do with this crime but still, it makes me wonder.
I hope they find who did this, such a sweet young lady!

Maybe they intended to carry her out of there, Aunt & Uncle showed up, spooked them and they pushed the laundry basket with Maria under the bed and snuck out. JMO. I hope they find swift justice!
I was thinking almost the same thing but instead that maybe they got spooked taking the "laundry" out and decided to hide Maria? What kind of laundry basket would fit under a bed or is it just the wording?

Very sad. Hopefully justice will follow soon.

What a heinous act to commit on anyone let alone a little girl barely 11 yo. How vicious.

In the video at the link below, her father stated that the couch was in disarray and coffee and sugar were everywhere.

Perhaps, she may have been attempting to run from him in a small area and a bag of coffee and sugar on a counter were knocked to the floor.

Father also states that she was in 2 plastic bags in a laundry basket. I agree w/ other poster/s that he may have planned to remove her from the apartment at some point. If not, it's likely he knew the relatives may come to check on her, and hoped placing her under the bed would delay her discovery.

What a heinous act to commit on anyone let alone a little girl barely 11 yo. How vicious.

In the video at the link below, her father stated that the couch was in disarray and coffee and sugar were everywhere.

Perhaps, she may have been attempting to run from him in a small area and a bag of coffee and sugar on a counter were knocked to the floor.

Father also states that she was in 2 plastic bags in a laundry basket. I agree w/ other poster/s that he may have planned to remove her from the apartment at some point. If not, it's likely he knew the relatives may come to check on her, and hoped placing her under the bed would delay her discovery.

It’s extremely heinous and so disturbing.
That is a good theory.

<snip> <BBM>

Carmelo told Univision that Maria was sending him voice and text messages through WhatsApp about the stranger knocking on the door.

“I told her not to open the door because I was arriving at work,” Carmelo said. He later added, “They took my girl, what I loved the most.”

Carmelo said Maria was “an educated, respected girl” who was “very calm.”

She left her father VMs as well as texts. A usually very calm child is frightened.

I wonder how he gained entry. I'm having doubts that she opened the door. He may have had a key and initially was knocking persistently to make sure no adult was in the apartment, that she was alone, before he entered.

BBM

I find it odd that she was in 2 plastic bags in addition to the laundry basket -- surely she didn't have the bags in her room (she looks quite small, but I can't imagine she would fit in a grocery bag) so the perpetrator must have either 1) brought the bags with him or 2) retrieved them from somewhere else in the apartment.

BBM

I find it odd that she was in 2 plastic bags in addition to the laundry basket -- surely she didn't have the bags in her room (she looks quite small, but I can't imagine she would fit in a grocery bag) so the perpetrator must have either 1) brought the bags with him or 2) retrieved them from somewhere else in the apartment.
I am assuming likely some sort of trash bags were used. Maybe one did not contain/provide cover for her entire body, so they put a second around from the opposite way? Just my thoughts. I hope they left plenty of dna/fingerprints, but alas, we know that unless they're in the system, it makes identifying these perps difficult.

I am assuming likely some sort of trash bags were used. Maybe one did not contain/provide cover for her entire body, so they put a second around from the opposite way? Just my thoughts. I hope they left plenty of dna/fingerprints, but alas, we know that unless they're in the system, it makes identifying these perps difficult.
Moo....But...where did the bags come from? Did he come prepared carrying garbage bags....or he knew where they were in apartment....moo

Moo....But...where did the bags come from? Did he come prepared carrying garbage bags....or he knew where they were in apartment....moo
That's anyone's guess at this time, but most people keep trashbags at home, usually in the kitchen. Sounds like someone knew dad wouldn't be right back though. It's likely somebody close by. MOO

No forced entry so I think it’s someone who definitely knew her. Poor girl. I’m guessing dad locked the door when he left. When I was that age I never answered the door unless it was someone I knew. My kids didn’t either.
She very well could've cracked it so she could see who it was. They may have been able to overpower her after that

I was wondering if there was a thread on here about this yet. I can't help but wonder if the suspect was a young teenager. It would explain why where he placed her after killing her is odd.
Why was a teen my first thought too? I wonder if her aunt and uncle have any children.
Not accusing, but why does the mother still live in Guatamala? Are the parents divorced and dad has custody? I know it doesn't have much to do with this crime but still, it makes me wonder.
I hope they find who did this, such a sweet young lady!
There is a lot of reasons it could be. One could be that they thought she would live better over here. He had family nearby to check on her so they might have thought she would be safe while he worked. She might not be able to legally cross yet or they might have had to make the hard choice to live separate for now.

BBM

My first thought when they said plastic bags was like storage bags. I keep my empty ones under my bed in storage boxes. But a small apt it could have just been two normal kitchen garbage bags.

All JMO.

Why was a teen my first thought too? I wonder if her aunt and uncle have any children.

There is a lot of reasons it could be. One could be that they thought she would live better over here. He had family nearby to check on her so they might have thought she would be safe while he worked. She might not be able to legally cross yet or they might have had to make the hard choice to live separate for now.

My first thought when they said plastic bags was like storage bags. I keep my empty ones under my bed in storage boxes. But a small apt it could have just been two normal kitchen garbage bags.

All JMO.
You would think she would be safe at 11 with a phone during the day. This crime is just haunting me. I sure hope lots of evidence was left behind to catch the killer.

Something is very off on this one, for sure. Will wait for LE releases but I agree that the placement is not consistent with what we usually see in stranger/acquaintance invasions. I have additional thoughts that give me pause on the circumstances and account given but I think I have to refrain from elaborating for now to avoid engaging in any conversation that could violate TOS.

This is so horrific! She must have been so terrified. I can't imagine what her dad is going through after finding her that way.

According to this article:

1. DNA evidence was collected and sent for testing but results could take awhile.

2. LE has cleared her dad as a suspect.

3. The surveillance cameras at the apartment complex were recently knocked out by a storm so they weren't working at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back