http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/y/ysasaga_mark.html

ysasaga_mark.jpg
ysasaga_mark2.jpg
ysasaga_mark3.jpg
ysasaga_mark4.jpg
ysasaga_mark5.jpg
ysasaga_mark6.jpg
ysasaga_mark7.jpg

This makes me so sad. Such a handsome, promising young man.

Hope everyone is doing well!! I haven't posted on here in a while. The other day I was talking to my mom and somehow we got on the subject of Mark. One of my moms co-workers knows Marks mother and spoke with her. Apparently, his mom is saying that he has been spotted in the Midland/Odessa area. She believes that there are 3 people that know where he is, but the police aren't really doing anything about it. His mother thinks that he is being held against his will. The police think that he left on his own and he doesn't want to be with his family. I'm not sure how accurate any of this information is since I didn't really hear it myself, but I just thought I'd share since it doesn't seem like there has been any other updates to this case.

Mother holds on to hope Mark Ysasaga still lives two years after disappearance

Anna Maria Ysasaga-Cuevas sat in her living room, surrounded by family pictures and posters of her missing son, and described the constant battle in her mind that threatens to send her back into a deep depression.

On one side, she believes something terrible happened to her son when he disappeared two years ago. On the other, she believes he’s still alive. He would be 17 years old now.

http://lubbockonline.com/local-news...es-two-years-after-disappearance#.U6HxKCiAj_w

(Good case recap at link also.)

[h=1]Missing in America: Mark Ysasaga[/h]
[snip]

Although it's been more than two years since his disappearance, his mother, Anna Maria Ysasaga-Cuevas, refuses to give up hope. "This is my baby. Nobody is going to hurt my kids, and I'm going to find him no matter what," she told NBC affiliate KCBD. "I don't care if I'm 50 and I'm still looking for him. I will keep that hope up that he will show up, that we'll get answers soon."

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america-unsolved/missing-america-mark-ysasaga-n261916

Family plans 18th birthday party for Lubbock teen Ysasaga missing nearly 3 years

There will be cake and balloons to celebrate Mark Anthony Ysasaga’s 18th birthday.

And his mother is holding on to hope that her son may show up to the gathering.

It’s been nearly three years since Ysasaga disappeared and his family hopes a balloon release and cake party set for 5 p.m. Saturday at 5805 Interstate 27 will help keep his story in public awareness.

“Saturday will be the hardest day of my life,” Anna Maria Ysasaga-Cuevas, Mark’s mother, wrote in a post on Facebook...

Lubbock PD FB
https://www.facebook.com/LubbockPD/posts/10152902773162104
***UPDATE***
Mark Anthony Ysasaga
Arrest in Missing Person Case 12-20817

The Lubbock Police Department announces an arrest warrant for Jose Angel Simental, a Hispanic male born December 8, 1994. He is being charged with the murder of Mark Anthony Ysasaga, born March 28, 1997.

On case number 12-20817, Mark Ysasaga was reported to our agency as a missing person on June 15, 2012. Based on the information available at the time, it was initially investigated as a missing person case and our investigators conducted an active, thorough, and on-going investigation into his disappearance. In addition, the citizens and community of Lubbock have rallied around Mark’s family and have assisted with publicity, social media, and numerous physical searches in an effort to bring Mark home. Unfortunately, our investigation and extensive efforts have yet to locate him.

As is common in missing person cases like this, earlier this year, our homicide investigators gave this case a fresh look to try and develop any new leads. The entire case was revisited, involved persons were re-interviewed, and evidence was re-evaluated. Based on the thorough investigation that had already been done, combined with the new work done by our homicide investigators, new evidence was discovered. This new evidence led us to a local residence, 3106 27th Street, where a suspected crime scene and blood DNA evidence was found. The blood evidence was in an amount and location that, when combined with statements and other corroborating evidence, led us to believe that we had indeed located the scene of a homicide. In addition, the DNA from that blood evidence has been positively identified as belonging to Mark Ysasaga.

Thus, based on the totality of the investigation to date, we have established probable cause that Mark Ysasaga has been the victim of a homicide. Also, we have established probable cause and evidence that directly ties Jose Simental to Mark’s homicide and the crime scene. The arrest warrant for Jose Simental was filed this morning in Lubbock’s Third Precinct Justice of the Peace Court. Jose Simental is currently incarcerated in the Clemens Prison Unit in Brazoria County Texas on unrelated charges. Our investigators are serving Jose Simental with the arrest warrant in person this morning and will begin the process of extraditing him to Lubbock County as soon as possible.

Points of emphasis:

First, this is still an ongoing and open investigation. The fact that an arrest is being made does not mean we are finished, in fact we still have a lot of work to do on this case, not the least of which is recovering Mark’s body for his family.

Second, we know there are more persons that are involved in Mark Ysasaga’s homicide. We know who these persons are and we are actively investigating them. We are encouraging anyone with information on this case, especially where Mark’s body may be recovered, to call Crime Line at 741-1000. Tipsters can remain anonymous and there is currently a $10,000 reward for information that leads to Mark’s recovery.

More information on Crime Line can be found at our website www.lubbockpolice.com .

Third, it is our hope that this step in the investigation will begin a sense of closure and answers for Mark’s family. We have shared our findings with Mark’s parents, and it is now our duty at the Lubbock Police Department to continue to pursue justice on their behalf. In addition, we also thank the many citizens of Lubbock that have stepped up to assist in this case and have provided support for Mark’s family. You all have been heavily involved and followed this case from the beginning, and on your behalf as well, we will continue to seek justice for Mark.

While there is still much work to do, we would like to thank District Attorney Matt Powell, Prosecutors Sunshine Stanek and Wade Jackson, and their team of prosecutors and staff at the Lubbock County District Attorney’s offices for their help in getting the investigation to this point. We look forward to our continued work on this case with them to ensure justice is done on behalf of Mark Ysasaga and his family.

We urge anyone with information to call Crime Line at 741-1000. Callers can remain anonymous.

Heartbroken. My condolences to Mark's family.
RIP Mark.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7