TX - Mass Shooting at Fort Hood, 5 November 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is not wiered. It is normal on army bases. There is SOP (standard operating procedure for the event of this) per colonel nursebeeme
I agree. I meant it was weird that the CNN guy was saying otherwise. ;)

the readiness center is about a block inside the gates....you can see it from the road

so they have all of the shooters in custody now? Is this confirmed?

They are still checking to be sure everything is clear. They're NOT sure they have them all and they're NOT sure the two additional guys are involved. They're going by witness statements and they followed them and then took them into custody.

fran

Nursebeeme, I'm glad you're okay too...I couldn't remember which of our Army ws'ers was where.

The LT. General in the PC is hesitant to call the 'all clear' at this time but feels the situation may be on the way to being cleared.

Just JMO from what I got from it.

Pres. Obama is speaking now on Fox.

Pres. Obama just called it an Army base! It is POST!!!

Very scary, and the fact that this started at the soldier readiness station and they were getting ready to deploy might be at the center of their motives, who knows.

Not only are they going OUT they are just coming in from deployment. There is a lot that goes on at the FSRS building on any post.

Let me say that PTSD IS A BIATCH! <-if that gets me a time out so be it. But I think that this situationi is going to play out more and more. I am VERY suprised that more stuff like this has not happened in the past!

Living on post I have seen some HORRIBLE things before and after deployments!

OT- Scanner reported a missing 7 year old boy whose parents are on lockdown at Ft Hood. Sitter said the boy went to take the trash out and after an hour passed~ he was not back... Officers are looking for him and also said that neighborhood kids are out looking for him.

I think so. i think they left Ft hood over the summer and transferred to Ft Bliss. Hope she logs in and lets us know.
they pcs'd from hood this summer. I hope to hear from her soon too... I sure she has a lot of friends back at hood..

As to why soldiers could do this... (((((it is not an excuse by any means)))) but I am guessing this could be a soldier about to go on his fourth or fifth tour to a killing zone in the war with PTSD or something like it.

You would not BELIEVE how our soldiers are affected by these back to back deployments. In our current unit a diagnosis of PTSD is like having the common cold you guys! The things my husband has seen... he won't even talk about.

You can BET this will be a hot topic in the aftermath.

Pres. Obama just called it an Army base! It is POST!!!

did ya hear the shout out he gave before he even bothered to talk about the situation. Grrr.

that's all I'm gonna say i might get a TO..

Not only are they going OUT they are just coming in from deployment. There is a lot that goes on at the FSRS building on any post.

Let me say that PTSD IS A BIATCH! <-if that gets me a time out so be it. But I think that this situationi is going to play out more and more. I am VERY suprised that more stuff like this has not happened in the past!

Living on post I have seen some HORRIBLE things before and after deployments!

This is such a huge worry for me! Thank you for sharing what you know, my son will be deployed to Afghanistan in June and PTSD is a major concern for me.

When everyone is wearing uniforms and have guns... how do you tell if a guy is a shooter or not??? Could get really confusing.

Not everyone walks around with a gun on base - Only the MP's.
Soldiers in training are only allowed to handle their guns in specific areas while training.

i'm down in austin, right by the post here (it's NOT locked down)...read here for months, wanted to post since i have tons of friends who have friends and family up at ft hood and know a few people there myself (can't get ahold of any of them though!)

heres a map of the base: http://www.hoodmwr.com/maps_images/newmap/mapkey.pdf

it helps you see where all these places are that they are talking about..

did ya hear the shout out he gave before he even bothered to talk about the situation. Grrr.

i thought it was just me that found his comments glib & inappropriate - considering what's just happened. :mad:

Oh I hear ya! I was screaming at the TV "Can we please address the situation at hand, you id**t!"

Hubby is at Fort Irwin right now, he was told **Rumor** it was an argument over a baseball game. That's what's circulating there anyway.

This is such a huge worry for me! Thank you for sharing what you know, my son will be deployed to Afghanistan in June and PTSD is a major concern for me.

GB you, your family, and your son, indicat! My granddaughter's husband was deployed from Ft. Bragg just last month.

Thanks to your son for his service to our county. And thanks to all our military families here on WS. It is a sacrifice for all of you.

Prayers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member