Found Deceased TX - Matthew Meinert, 38, Denton County, 6 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Y'all have said all I would have said and a few more.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I really don't like where my mind is going with this one.

I wonder if there's a good scanner to listen to on this. I am always horrible and finding the right channels. I asked in the scanner thread but no luck yet. Though I'm sure search stuff is probably on a private channel anyway.

any word from the mom?
this is all very suspicious imo.

I haven't heard anything from the mom.

Anyone able to find any social media for Matthew?

I haven't heard anything from the mom.

Anyone able to find any social media for Matthew?

I was digging around and found him under Curtis Meinert. Very odd considering I saw his middle name is Christian.

While I certainly do not hope MM has fallen prey to wildlife (gators) or a more sinister plan, I cannot begin to imagine a dad planning his disappearance using his two year old son as a decoy! God was watching over that sweet child, alone and afraid, perilously near water with no life jacket!

To purposely plan this scenario is almost too much for me to think about.

Thank goodness Oliver is safe and well!

they will usually say "mom declined interview due to being so upset " but not this time and no one from the family either , I just don't see an accident period . Murder or staging that is the only way I see this . (oh or a gator who was too full to eat the child)

They did in one of the many msm articles say the child was dried. Then my mom kicked in...dry as not in the water or dry as in diaper or underwear. If he was in diapers and dry then I am going in the direction of hinky. Imho

Any boaters here? Does that boat look like he pulled it up there on purpose or does it look more like it ran aground? I am baffled that the child had no life jacket on if the boat were moving in the water. Could the kid take it off - is he old enough to unbuckle it? ETA: Sorry I see up above speculation it likely did not run aground due to engine position and no marks.

I have a lot of experience with flat bottom boats such as that one, although I've never run one aground at full speed so I am very much speculating. In any case, from the picture itself it's unclear whether it ran ashore or was dragged, but I am confident that it is obvious to anyone on the ground there. But from the picture I can see factors that could support either scenario.

Ran aground:
-There may in fact be marks from the motor that are not visible in the picture. That sand looks pretty hard-packed.
-The motor more than likely WOULD end up in a position similar to that if the boat ran aground. They are not necessarily locked into the "down" position, a lot of the time you can just lift the motor to where it locks in the "up" position.
-BIG problem a.) that motor would most likely still be running and cause a huge racket for quite a while, unless it had an automatic shutoff (which would be most likely worn by Matthew and engaged were he to fall out of the boat--also in my experience these are rarely used)
-BIG problem b.) if that boat ran aground at a high speed with Oliver in it, there is a high likelihood he would be thrown out the front of the boat and, at minimum, seriously injured.

Pulled ashore:
-The problem with pulling the boat ashore to that place is, those boats are super heavy and in general it's pointless to do so. A large, seemingly healthy adult man such as Matthew probably COULD do it, but why? If you're making a brief stop on shore, you pull the boat just enough out of the water (~90% of the way or so) so it's stable. Makes your life way easier.
-Also the motor appears to be kind of half-up half-down, which, if you were pulling the boat ashore under normal circumstances, you definitely wouldn't drag the motor bc a.) potential damage and b.) increased drag to an already difficult task.
-The only reason I can see that you WOULD do that is to avoid leaving footprints--drag the boat from the front, pull the boat over the prints, get up on the roots by that tree where it doesn't appear to be sandy anymore, and make your way out of there.

Without better visuals/more info in general, I would lean slightly toward the boat being pulled ashore, but I'm not feeling strongly about it either way.

Any way you slice it, this is incredibly strange.

Also says dad was prone to seizures in some comments on search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a lot of experience with flat bottom boats such as that one, although I've never run one aground at full speed so I am very much speculating. In any case, from the picture itself it's unclear whether it ran ashore or was dragged, but I am confident that it is obvious to anyone on the ground there. But from the picture I can see factors that could support either scenario.

Ran aground:
-There may in fact be marks from the motor that are not visible in the picture. That sand looks pretty hard-packed.
-The motor more than likely WOULD end up in a position similar to that if the boat ran aground. They are not necessarily locked into the "down" position, a lot of the time you can just lift the motor to where it locks in the "up" position.
-BIG problem a.) that motor would most likely still be running and cause a huge racket for quite a while, unless it had an automatic shutoff (which would be most likely worn by Matthew and engaged were he to fall out of the boat--also in my experience these are rarely used)
-BIG problem b.) if that boat ran aground at a high speed with Oliver in it, there is a high likelihood he would be thrown out the front of the boat and, at minimum, seriously injured.

Pulled ashore:
-The problem with pulling the boat ashore to that place is, those boats are super heavy and in general it's pointless to do so. A large, seemingly healthy adult man such as Matthew probably COULD do it, but why? If you're making a brief stop on shore, you pull the boat just enough out of the water (~90% of the way or so) so it's stable. Makes your life way easier.
-Also the motor appears to be kind of half-up half-down, which, if you were pulling the boat ashore under normal circumstances, you definitely wouldn't drag the motor bc a.) potential damage and b.) increased drag to an already difficult task.
-The only reason I can see that you WOULD do that is to avoid leaving footprints--drag the boat from the front, pull the boat over the prints, get up on the roots by that tree where it doesn't appear to be sandy anymore, and make your way out of there.

Without better visuals/more info in general, I would lean slightly toward the boat being pulled ashore, but I'm not feeling strongly about it either way.

Any way you slice it, this is incredibly strange.
Yeah the drag the boat all the way up and step off from the front was why I was thinking there may be no footprints.

Also says dad was prone to seizures in some comments on search.

Boat vs Canoe....trying to remember there is a difference. As back in the day usually if one person went over both did and that would include the phone.
Dad prone to seizures as was stated and neither appeared to be wearing a life jacket. I wander if the sun could swim...but still he is 2! Swimming in a pool with mom and dad vs swimming for your life. Ugh! Glad he is safe and oh how I wish he could tell someone what happened!

The chances of Matthew going over the side causing the boat to flip over are, in my estimation, close to zero. [ETA: sorry, that sounds weird. What I mean is, IF he went over the side for any reason, the boat would probably not flip]

For that matter though, say Matthew did have a seizure in the boat. The odds he'd go over the side in that event would also be very low unless he was standing up, which, if the boat was moving at any significant rate of speed, he wouldn't be. It's overwhelmingly likely (although not certain by any stretch) that if he was driving the boat he'd be sitting in the middle of the boat, and I'm guessing the boat is something like 5-6 feet wide at the back end.

He conceivably could have been sitting off to the side, but that would create unnecessary imbalance in the boat (although not as much in a flat bottom as in a standard row/motorboat).

Do think it is an insurance scam....just wondering....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo
Back