Found Deceased TX - Matthew Meinert, 38, Denton County, 6 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Starting Thursday, the land and air crews will be available if needed but not actively searching.

“We’ve looked at every stick and every rock. We tried everything we could to no avail,” a game warden said.

The search is in full recovery mode. Game wardens will be out in rotating teams of two searching the water and banks three to four times a day.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article137385528.html
ETA and change original post.
Ok. NOT confused now. I thought this post was different then what I posted in #94 but after reading again.... It says the same thing basically.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/240487236-story

ETA and change original post.
Ok. NOT confused now. I thought this post was different then what I posted in #94 but after reading again.... It says the same thing basically.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/240487236-story

This article says MM was "last seen on the creek" Monday night. I haven't read that before. Did another boater actually see dad and son on the boat before this all happened?

This article says MM was "last seen on the creek" Monday night. I haven't read that before. Did another boater actually see dad and son on the boat before this all happened?

I read an article or heard on local news there were other people around that recall seeing MM launch the boat with Oliver.

It just seems like if the boat was going fast enough to make it that far on to land the boy surely wound have been thrown from the boat. It would have had to hit all the land that is partially submerged. I know my 2 yr old bounces around in our boat if we are going fast or over any wake. It seems highly unlikely that they would be going fast because of the safety of the child but then again he wasnt wearing a life vest either.... i just can't imagine feeling comfortable being alone on a small boat with a 2 yr old so that fact alone makes everything else seem unusual and suspicious. Also super weird that all this went down in less than an hour? Does anyone see anyway for the child to get past that spot? From the images its several feet of a ledge with all that brush. I don't think i could climb up over that. I don't see any way a 2 yr old could. And if so in that amount if time he couldn't have gotten far. Seems like an hr after they launched, and all that occurred the boater that found them would have been calling out to see if someone was around and the boy would have still been close by and crying. Police need to check for life insurance policies

My thoughts exactly! No way another boater found the boat an hour later and no one was around. They searched for hours that night and found no one, yet the next morning this little boy was found near the boat?! Super fishy!

Gee, I hope they are searching the surrounding land instead of just the water.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

e5d5bb9587b2dd8d48dc2f25a277f8a5.jpg

This image from Fox 4 news. It shows a different view of boat. From this view it does look more like a accident.

I am on Tapatalk and I find it impossible to post links. If posting this against TOS please remove. TIA.

This image from Fox 4 news. It shows a different view of boat. From this view it does look more like a accident.

I am on Tapatalk and I find it impossible to post links. If posting this against TOS please remove. TIA.

It's amazing the son wasn't seriously injured from an accident like that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's amazing the son wasn't seriously injured from an accident like that...

I was just shocked by the slope. It's steeper than it looked from the aerial shot. Unless this is an optical effect of a zoom. But it looks pretty steep to me. Tots can be resilient. I can rationalize the child surviving that event pretty intact, but then to spend a night without wandering miles away, or falling into the creek is what strikes me as strange...

Hmm... So if Oliver was in the boat and if he got in a precarious position and dad had to grab him and didn't take his hand off of the accelerator handgrip, maybe he sped up inadvertently while off balance due to reaching quickly for a toddler. It would be the only thing he could counter-balance himself with. I always thought driving those manual-steer outboards was kind of wonky.

That view of the boat looks so different? Is the boat on a big rock? Perhaps why there is no footprints??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That view of the boat looks so different? Is the boat on a big rock? Perhaps why there is no footprints??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I'm not sure, I think in the aerial shot you just can't see how steep the bank is?

So weird how different it looks from this angle.

I am beginning to wonder if there was a medical emergency after all.

Someone posted that his family said he suffers from epilepsy-related seizures but I haven't come across that yet. Can anyone link an article with that info?

Someone posted that his family said he suffers from epilepsy-related seizures but I haven't come across that yet. Can anyone link an article with that info?

wow, that could change the thinking on this one for sure.

With that medical condition that would be even more of a reason not to take a small child out alone and surely not without a life jacket...

Thinking...

Whoa yeah it sure does.

Also from that angle it does look like there's a "track" from the motor running up on the shore, although I might be seeing things and it's not 100% clear.

It looks like an accident for sure now if only because very few people could drag that boat up that incline into that position.

I don't know much about boats but wouldn't it take a lot of horsepower for a boat to accelerate that far on the shore? (I may not have a clue of which I speak [emoji4])

One scenario I could almost see is the boat is cruising along, Oliver falls out over the side, Matthew dives in after him while the boat is still moving and dies in the process (either drowning or getting caught on the motor). Boat wrecks up on shore with nobody in it.

It would account for Oliver not being seriously injured. The big problem though is how Oliver made it to shore without a lifejacket--if he had been found wearing one, I would be convinced that this is what happened, but because he wasn't I'm not sure it fits.

The post I saw on it was #76, it says it was in "comments on the search", not sure whether that means comments on a news article or on social media but in any case as far as I know it hasn't been stated directly in a news story.

Also that post said he suffered from seizures but it did not say they were specifically related to epilepsy (splitting hairs I know, but people do have seizures for reasons besides epilepsy).

One scenario I could almost see is the boat is cruising along, Oliver falls out over the side, Matthew dives in after him while the boat is still moving and dies in the process (either drowning or getting caught on the motor). Boat wrecks up on shore with nobody in it.

It would account for Oliver not being seriously injured. The big problem though is how Oliver made it to shore without a lifejacket--if he had been found wearing one, I would be convinced that this is what happened, but because he wasn't I'm not sure it fits.

And it's been said they know Oliver hadn't been in the water since he was dry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RLP
Back