Found Deceased TX - Matthew Meinert, 38, Denton County, 6 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He probably saved his baby... either way his son saw it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh I feel bad...An Angel must of kept that child safe through the night...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gosh. I swear Websleuths has made me so jaded. I seriously feel so guilty.

Agreed. But it's not Websleuths... it's the cases that have been traumatic and tragic but turned out to be hoaxes, or something similar. Websleuths has taught us to question and I don't think that's a terrible thing.

RIP Matthew Meinert and may his family find solace and comfort.

Sad. Very sad. Oliver's last memories with Dad. How scary for Oliver.

I was hoping he was alive. I am so glad his son is alive.
How sad, the whole thing... RIP Matt.

Hi Mike-

Long time lurker here on WS- first time poster. I live in Trophy Club where this occurred. He launched from our park area and OM was found near the launch area as well. It's a dang miracle he came out unscathed- between the water, lack of life jacket, wildlife as you mentioned and the elements... And I will add- we have had a boat on this lake for 17 years and I've never seen an alligator, nor has anyone. They appear in some of our lakes very infrequently- many times as a released pet that can survive if they have to, but they are not indigenous to this area.

I agree with your assessment of what happened. I think he's trapped underwater and the visibility is so poor, they just can't find him. But he will surface. The water temp is cold, but the air is warm, so sometimes when we have missing people on these lakes (it happens every single summer as you know)- they take a while to be found. We lost a family friend's son 8 years ago on a nearby lake and he wasn't found for 39 days:(

His criminal history is puzzling and the timing sure is odd considering he just received his 3rd DUI a month ago today. He is probably facing some jail if not prison time. I just don't understand the continued driving without a license and not having the little one in a seat belt and now not having him in a life jacket:( So thankful at least OM is home safe and sound.
Welcome TexasKate!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Agreed. But it's not Websleuths... it's the cases that have been traumatic and tragic but turned out to be hoaxes, or something similar. Websleuths has taught us to question and I don't think that's a terrible thing.

RIP Matthew Meinert and may his family find solace and comfort.

Yes, you're right. I just question everything now and I feel like such a heel doubting this guy. It's messing me up.

:(
so sad for the family and wish i wouldn't have thought the poor guy was up to something. my condolences to his loved ones.

Damn. I was really hoping he was a 'bad' dude and was still alive out there. That would have been the better scenario in my mind. RIP Matthew.

I am so thankful Oliver survived all of this.

Yes, you're right. I just question everything now and I feel like such a heel doubting this guy. It's messing me up.

I feel the same way.

I didn't really see him in a bad light, I thought he might've just disappeared and tried to make it look like an accident. I try not to be too judgey when nobody was physically harmed. I feel bad for even questioning the entire thing, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back