GUILTY TX - Melissa Sowders, 26, Harris County, 26 December 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not likely, but isn't I45 considered "the texas killing fields"?

Yes, I45 is synonymous with the Texas Killing Fields, but those victims have generally been much further south, towards the Galveston area. Although there is certainly no shortage of missing or murdered people all along I45, they aren't generally associated with the Killing Fields. I'm no expert so any other locals please correct me if I'm wrong!

Here is an article about the many missing people further North on I45:

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2012/03/missing-texas-forty.html

I'm dreading what tomorrow will bring with Tim Miller's revelation today about finding an image in the lake that they want to further investigate.

I'll bet I'm not the only one that thought "Are you kidding me? ANOTHER pretty young pregnant girl is missing?" My opinion only, but this doesn't seem random.

I'm referring to excerpts not showing up when I quote this post.

If she was so terrified of him, why would she agree to meet him by herself, anywhere? Even a public place like a McDonald's?

Disclaimer: I am not blaming the apparent victim, who at this time cannot speak for herself. Just observing what I perceive to be a mysterious discrepancy.

I'm referring to excerpts not showing up when I quote this post.

If she was so terrified of him, why would she agree to meet him by herself, anywhere? Even a public place like a McDonald's?

Disclaimer: I am not blaming the apparent victim, who at this time cannot speak for herself. Just observing what I perceive to be a mysterious discrepancy.

I hear you, but McDonald's seems so benign. Hey, let's meet at Micky D's to talk about the kids and grab a bite. I would meet someone I was cautious of at McDonald's, especially if there were kids involved that needed to be discussed. Yikes, maybe not any longer though.

Her car would stand out with one black door. But if it has gone into a river then it would be harder to find.

Seeing that she had made arrangements to meet the husband he would be stupid to have done something as he would be the first suspect. Very strange to me that she doesn't have custody or even part custody of her children. Are there other things going on in her life that would prevent her from looking after the children? MOO

BBM Oh I totally agree with you, but you're thinking with a rational mind lol. How many dummies have we talked about on WS that have done exactly that? Myself, I heard pregnant girl and I automatically thought "oh, baby daddy did something" but now finding out all her troubles with her ex, I don't know. Of course, there is always the chance that this was random but I don't think so.

Not likely, but isn't I45 considered "the texas killing fields"?

As it was stated above the killing fields are on the other side of the city. The killing fields were the 'dumping grounds' for women that went missing all over. I45 and I10 are the blood lines of the city. They're huge and ALWAYS busy. With that there are disappearances and crimes the entire stretch of 45 through the city.

I read a comment that I will summarize "police are saying the last person to see her is the boyfriend." Why aren't they saying the last person to see her is the ex-husband?

Originally Posted by Marg from Oz
Seeing that she had made arrangements to meet the husband he would be stupid to have done something as he would be the first suspect.

IMO, she wanted to see her kids, and let them see her, especially since it was Christmas time. Up until May of this year she'd been a manager at a McDs. She probably thought lunchtime (their meeting was set for 11:00 am) there, in the midst of dozens of people, she'd be safe.

No one has been named a POI by LE yet. So, speaking about domestic violence in general only: in my first-hand experience, violent men are at their worst when they're alone with a woman.

Stranger killings are often plotted out in detail beforehand, even when the victim's a random encounter. SKs usually carry weapons every time they go "hunting," and know how they'll overpower, abduct, hurt, and dispose of whatever victims they find.

But men who kill their wives or girlfriends usually do so in the heat of an argument. That's why most get caught eventually. Most aren't legally insane but they're not on a first-name basis with logic either. I could list dozens of names from the past 10 years alone, but I don't want to take this thread completely off topic. The example I usually give is the first Terminator movie: "It does not feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead." Perfect description of my ex.

Again, I'm speaking of violent men in general, not any particular man in this missing case.

I'm reminded of Laura Ackerson. This case gives me the same vibe (using the children as a lure, abuse, etc).

I just don't want it to be her ex that did this. They have four beautiful girls who need a loving parent...obviously both would be best. But I hate to think he would hurt his girls by taking away their mom and by putting himself in prison. They will lose both parents.

I read a comment that I will summarize "police are saying the last person to see her is the boyfriend." Why aren't they saying the last person to see her is the ex-husband?

My guess is, because it's STILL not clear whether she made it to McDonalds.

Has the husband himself ever publicly agreed that the plan was to meet at McDonalds? Who is the one generating that story? I know her mother said it, and her boyfriend, but where did they get that idea?

Bierman says Matthew Sowders was known to fish along Cyprus Creek, lives less than a mile away and was furious his ex-wife had begun a new life with another man.

"At this point, it's been too long so the reality is she's not going to come back alive," said Bierman.

While it's a feeling the folks with Texas Equuasearch share they will keep looking and hoping.

"I'm not walking away from this family until we bring their daughter home," said Miller he plans to pick up the search on Cyprus Creek Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/24331551/searh-for-pregnant-mother-enters-fourth-day#ixzz2p3x0G8G4

<Snipped>

--
"However, court records show that the ex-husband is the one who filed for divorce back in October and he has custody of their young children.

Detectives confirm he has been questioned by they have not named him a suspect."
--

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Sear...an-to-resume-on-Monday-morning-237905071.html

This is the only time I've seen mentioned that police have questioned the ex and he isn't a suspect, at least not yet. Maybe he told them something they confirmed that he wasn't the last to see her? I don't know, very curious.

IMO, she wanted to see her kids, and let them see her, especially since it was Christmas time. Up until May of this year she'd been a manager at a McDs. She probably thought lunchtime (their meeting was set for 11:00 am) there, in the midst of dozens of people, she'd be safe.

No one has been named a POI by LE yet. So, speaking about domestic violence in general only: in my first-hand experience, violent men are at their worst when they're alone with a woman.

Stranger killings are often plotted out in detail beforehand, even when the victim's a random encounter. SKs usually carry weapons every time they go "hunting," and know how they'll overpower, abduct, hurt, and dispose of whatever victims they find.

But men who kill their wives or girlfriends usually do so in the heat of an argument. That's why most get caught eventually. Most aren't legally insane but they're not on a first-name basis with logic either. I could list dozens of names from the past 10 years alone, but I don't want to take this thread completely off topic. The example I usually give is the first Terminator movie: "It does not feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead." Perfect description of my ex.Again, I'm speaking of violent men in general, not any particular man in this missing case.

BBM!! I know EXACTLY what you mean!! I am right there with you, JWD!! I know first hand what it feels like to be abused...I had 30 years of it...25 with the ex husband and 5 years with the ex fiance. Everything from having a pistol pulled on me while I was on the sofa right after surgery on my right side and had stitches, was almost choked to death in the front yard, I was stalked, had my hair grabbed and my face slammed into the console of the car I was driving at 65 mph on the interstate, headbutted in the face, and much much more! Abusers can be calculating, manipulative, all the while looking like the normal boy next door or the hardworking, good looking construction guy. Those of us who have survived and gotten out alive, we are truly blessed and lucky. It breaks my heart to know there are some who are not as fortunate. Still praying for a miracle for Melissa!!!!!!

Aside from that, welcome to WS, Bracdeb. I will also add that there is something that is leading the homicide investigators and Tim Miller to search the creek. Tim Miller is also no novice when it comes to searching, and there is no way in hello he would waste the organization's resources.

I'm gonna follow my instincts on this case. I suspect I won't have long to wait.

I read comments made by the boyfriend and was so blown away at the absolute weirdness, I came right to ws to read up on this case.

I'm anxious to hear if she did meet her ex. I suspect not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Why would he post that he moved to OK if he didn't? Just curious.

Where did you get the info that he moved to OK? Did you view this on his Facebook page? Can you still see the posts on his Facebook page?

I believe the court documents state misdemeanors not felonies. Big difference in the criminal world.

I do believe that Tim Miller and his group would not waste resources in their quest to find someone BUT.....the police could be directing his group there for their own reasons. We have heard stories over and over about police agencies who have kept their focus on one suspect while ignoring other possible suspects. Especially if their one suspect may have stopped cooperating due to a feeling that they were trying to railroad him and combined with the news media coverage showing the victim's family spokesperson spewing hate for him and damaging accusations.

True, but to assert that he has never been in trouble is not accurate. I'm not accusing him at all. I don't know one way or another what LE or Tim Miller know and their reasons for searching the creek, but IMO they are substantial enough to fear "foul play" (by someone) and expend limited resources available to both independent agencies.

As far as I know of him, he had not been in any serious trouble with the law and I would have to wait to hear about the circumstances revolving around his misdemeanors. I will retract that statement until then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back