GUILTY TX - Melissa Sowders, 26, Harris County, 26 December 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Respectfully Snipped From Article -

"Court records obtained by the news station allegedly shows that her ex-husband was the one who filed for divorce from her in October and has custody of all of their four children."

www.nydailynews.com/news/national/t...l-play-missing-pregnant-mom-article-1.1562739

ETA - Their divorce is not final, and final custody has not been awarded, but the fact that he has temporary custody throughout the hearing is very interesting, especially with all the abuse claims. Had he been convicted of abuse on MS, I don't believe he would have been awarded temporary custody throughout the proceedings. JMO.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor

It doesn't seem likely that he would be awarded temporary custody of their children if she were leaving him because of abuse. And if she left him because of the abuse, wouldn't she have taken her children with her? She has family here that could have helped her, it seems?

I'm usually all over the ex in a case like this, but I have a lot questions about the BF too.

I guess it's none of our business, but I'm wondering why LE is so closed lipped on this case.

Did he bring the girls to McD's as planned? Did anyone see the girls there? Or did he lure her back to his home to get them?

BBM

MOO. . .sometimes that's a sign that they don't need any help. I suspect they have the evidence they need.

And as to focusing on the ex, I can see maybe processing the car to rule him out, but not searching his fishing hole to the extent they did. There's a reason they were searching for her there. I wish we knew what that was.

My gut says this case will be solved fairly quickly and there will be an arrest. Just a hunch.

ETA- I don't think anything LE is doing has to do with her family pointing fingers. LE is conducting an investigation. They are going to go where the evidence leads them.

Well, if he was supposed to bring the girls but didn't, I can see how he could say I didn't bring the girls, (for whatever believable reason) we'll have to go back to the house to pick them up. Then, it would be much easier to commit a violent act.

Surely there are witnesses at the McD's or video that would answer this quickly.

It may be that he never had any of the girls that morning, they were at his folk's house or somewhere else the whole time.

But if she was that terrified of him, why would she even attempt talking to him if he didn't have the girl(s)..

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

I do agree, but they also could just be ruling the ex out, especially since her family is convinced its him.. YKWIM?

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

That's what I was thinking too. They have to check him out since the BF said she was going to meet him and with all the abuse claims being thrown out. And maybe the ex did meet with her at McDonald's. I wonder if she met with the ex and then something happened to her after she returned home? I wonder how long BF was at work? I just can't help but be sketched out about him. Maybe it's the obvious IMO "tweaking" that's making him say all those strange things and seem so guilty to me?

BBM

MOO. . .sometimes that's a sign that they don't need any help. I suspect they have the evidence they need.

And as to focusing on the ex, I can see maybe processing the car to rule him out, but not searching his fishing hole to the extent they did. There's a reason they were searching for her there. I wish we knew what that was.

My gut says this case will be solved fairly quickly and there will be an arrest. Just a hunch.

ETA- I don't think anything LE is doing has to do with her family pointing fingers. LE is conducting an investigation. They are going to go where the evidence leads them.

I am guessing they chose to search the creek due to the fact that her car was parked in a lot just north of it. It just happens to be his favorite fishing spot.. I wonder if they even met at McDonalds.. What if she told everyone they were meeting at McD's and she met him at that parking lot? I don't know. I think McDonalds awkwardly enough holds the key and LE likely knows. But the family is slandering him, and we have no evidence he was abusive. In fact he filed the divorce and has temp. custody of all 4 kids. No evidence other than family saying he was abusive. Also, she is pregnant with someone else and their divorce isn't final, I am not saying he is a good guy, but I am guessing she has not been completely honest with her family either. Her BF seems sketchy. All his quotes are weird.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

Does anyone remember reading her car was found in a ditch? I know most of the articles say it was in a parking lot, but I remember reading ditch somewhere. The reason I ask is because as soon as I read that, it crossed my mind that she may have been run off the road. But I can't find that now, so maybe it was just a reporting error. . .or a detail that wasn't supposed to be reported. Hmmmm. . .

That's what I was thinking too. They have to check him out since the BF said she was going to meet him. And maybe the ex did meet with her at McDonald's. I wonder if she met with the ex and then something happened to her after she returned home? I wonder how long BF was at work? I just can't help but be sketched out about him. Maybe it's the obvious IMO "tweaking" that's making him say all those strange things and seem so guilty to me?

Someone posted upthread - maybe you - about the boyfriend being all lotion in the basket and I totally agree lol. His weird quote about her always wanting a kiss so soft and then SHE wanted to spend the rest of her life with him.. Idk.. Drugs can do crazy things too. I DO believe this case will be solved quickly though.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

Does anyone remember reading her car was found in a ditch? I know most of the articles say it was in a parking lot, but I remember reading ditch somewhere. The reason I ask is because as soon as I read that, it crossed my mind that she may have been run off the road. But I can't find that now, so maybe it was just a reporting error. . .or a detail that wasn't supposed to be reported. Hmmmm. . .

I don't ever recall reading anything about it in a ditch. All reports I read stated the parking lot.

ETA - Car also wasn't found until Friday which leads me to believe it was parked. Think it would have been found sooner if it was in a ditch.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

BBM

BBM I think you may be right. Maybe I was just really hoping that those kids wouldn't be left parentless, I dunno. Sigh.

And that's fine.. But that is what he meant by "going hard" on the ex. The family all started pointing fingers and then they were all after the ex. I would lawyer up to. Guilty or not.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

JMO An observation. I have never seen such support for someone "lawyering up" on any thread I've followed.

MOO, this is a pretty clear case to me. She dropped the bf off at work. Was he on time? Did he work? She's in the middle of a divorce. There are children involved and she is now pregnant with a bf's baby.

What begs the question if a new family was what her bf wanted. He seems to be still very into his ex wife, to put it mildly.

Not only the divorce is dangerous for a woman. Diving head first into a new relationship can be dangerous too. Melissa's relationship seemed to develop extremely fast. She didn't even get divorced yet, and she's already pregnant and planning to spend the rest of her life with her brand new bf. Such a speed can scare a man big time. And some men can be extremely dangerous when cornered.

Someone posted upthread - maybe you - about the boyfriend being all lotion in the basket and I totally agree lol. His weird quote about her always wanting a kiss so soft and then SHE wanted to spend the rest of her life with him.. Idk.. Drugs can do crazy things too. I DO believe this case will be solved quickly though.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

Lol yes it was me, but right? So strange!

JMO An observation. I have never seen such support for someone "lawyering up" on any thread I've followed.

We have no evidence that he has ever been abusive. Its all been slandering by family. I believe everyone has a right to a lawyer.

He also has not been named a suspect.

He is in the middle of a divorce with his wife who is pregnant, and she goes missing.. I would suggest ANYONE in that situation gets a lawyer. The media likes to tear people up and nit pick everything they say, just like we do.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

I am guessing they chose to search the creek due to the fact that her car was parked in a lot just north of it. It just happens to be his favorite fishing spot.. I wonder if they even met at McDonalds.. What if she told everyone they were meeting at McD's and she met him at that parking lot? I don't know. I think McDonalds awkwardly enough holds the key and LE likely knows. But the family is slandering him, and we have no evidence he was abusive. In fact he filed the divorce and has temp. custody of all 4 kids. No evidence other than family saying he was abusive. Also, she is pregnant with someone else and their divorce isn't final, I am not saying he is a good guy, but I am guessing she has not been completely honest with her family either. Her BF seems sketchy. All his quotes are weird.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

That's the thing though. Divorce makes some people do crazy things, no past history required.

I agree about the bf. But I just think he's a creepy tweeker. I think if his story didn't add up LE would be all over him. I don't see that, so I assume whatever he told them checked out. He said he went to work. That would be easy enough to follow up on.

That's the thing though. Divorce makes some people do crazy things, no past history required.

I agree about the bf. But I just think he's a creepy tweeker. I think if his story didn't add up LE would be all over him. I don't see that, so I assume whatever he told them checked out. He said he went to work. That would be easy enough to follow up on.

I guess it doesn't help that most of the articles state that the boyfriend was the last to see her. I don't know. Something isn't sitting right with me. I am anxiously awaiting what's next.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

What begs the question if a new family was what her bf wanted. He seems to be still very into his ex wife, to put it mildly.

Not only the divorce is dangerous for a woman. Diving head first into a new relationship can be dangerous too. Melissa's relationship seemed to develop extremely fast. She didn't even get divorced yet, and she's already pregnant and planning to spend the rest of her life with her brand new bf. Such a speed can scare a man big time. And some men can be extremely dangerous when cornered.

I totally agree with this! I posted upthread about BF's strange goings on with his estranged wife, but then I flagged myself:scared: because I wasn't sure I should go there. If you go to the BF's FB page and the estranged wife's comments about him on her FB page you will see what I mean. I think I'm allowed to say this much, correct? I can guide you where to look?

ETA My previous post #146 that I flagged hasn't been poofed yet, so I'm guessing it's okay?

I totally agree with this! I posted upthread about BF's strange goings on with his estranged wife, but then I flagged myself:scared: because I wasn't sure I should go there. If you go to the BF's FB page and the estranged wife's comments about him on her FB page you will see what I mean. I think I'm allowed to say this much, correct? I can guide you where to look?

I can't find BF's FB page.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

I guess it doesn't help that most of the articles state that the boyfriend was the last to see her. I don't know. Something isn't sitting right with me. I am anxiously awaiting what's next.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

But it says he saw her at 6:15am. If that's when she dropped him off at work and he was at work that whole time, then it couldn't be him.

The sheriff's report says she was last seen at McDonald's at 11:00am. You have to assume that was on tape. The bf couldn't have killed her if she was still alive at 11am and he was at work during that time.
https://local.nixle.com/alert/5113921/?sub_id=1000000327

ETA-unless we think she disappeared after he was off work. How did he get home? Was he the "friend" that reported her missing when she didn't come to pick him up? Idk.

I just have some doubts about his guilt, that's why I didn't have a problem with his lawyering up. If I thought he was 100% guilty I'm sure I'd be all over it too lol. Human nature.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back