GUILTY TX - Melissa Sowders, 26, Harris County, 26 December 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am still sticking by Matt and his family. I will not believe he's guilty until I see undisputed evidence or a confession. I am sad for those 4 little girls and my condolences go out to Melissa's family.

I dont know about anything else in the comments but they're right about one thing. Whoever did this took a pregnant womans life in Texas. DP is all but expected.

Wow, MS already arrested on capital murder charges so death penalty on the table. We don't mess around in Texas. Here is his mugshot. Look at how..menacing he looks. He looks completely different than in the sweet and cute pictures he has posted with his kids on FB.

Oh man, I feel like a dumbarse for thinking this guy may have been innocent.
Poor Melissa, this mean looking face was the last thing she saw....

Matthew Sowders mugshot.jpg

I am still sticking by Matt and his family. I will not believe he's guilty until I see undisputed evidence or a confession. I am sad for those 4 little girls and my condolences go out to Melissa's family.

I'm really sorry that your friend was arrested, Bracdeb, it must be really difficult for you to accept. I would want to see the evidence too if a friend of mine were arrested.

I feel that they must have something rock solid, because they knew EXACTLY where to look. I mean, exactly.

Now y'all that applauded him for " lawyering up ", might want to help find him a really good defense attorney qualified for death penalty cases.

I don't think anybody was applauding him, but yes, you were right. I have no problem admitting I was wrong. I think we are all here for the same end goal.

Now I'm just sad....

First thing I saw when I got off of work!

Missing mom's estranged husband charged after body found near search area http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9379149

It's about time. :tantrum: I'm glad we can finally speak freely about this suspect. It's been stressful the last few days trying to post without getting hands slapped. I knew it was him from the moment I saw his cryptic FB posts in October about being married to Melissa and never letting her go.

:eek: Really? Oh no, how could I have missed that comment? I went over his FB like a maniac, good catch.

I'm really sorry that your friend was arrested, Bracdeb, it must be really difficult for you to accept. I would want to see the evidence too if a friend of mine was arrested.

I feel that they must have something rock solid, because they knew EXACTLY where to look. I mean, exactly.

None of you know me so it must look like I'm one of those people with their head in the sand and blind to the truth but I'm very practical and logical. My gut tells me that all is not what it seems. I also want to support Matt's mother who's been a friend of mine for over 20 yrs. Whatever the final outcome is, Matt's family and Melissa's family (whom I don't know) do not deserve to go thru something like this. My heart breaks for those little girls.

I wonder as well. There could be many reasons he didn't bring the daughter to McD's including just being a lout.

If he has been abusive as described by people who knew her for all these years then I suspect premeditation, anger at her pregnancy with another man etc.

imo

So do we now know MS didn't have their toddler with him? If he didn't have her, then the murder would seem to be premeditated on his part, since she was meeting him to see the baby.

The BF said in an interview from last night that the ex wasn't aware she was pregnant, that she wasn't going to tell him. But I do wonder if maybe Melissa ended up telling him she was pregnant at the McDonald's meet, and that's what set him off.

None of you know me so it must look like I'm one of those people with their head in the sand and blind to the truth but I'm very practical and logical. My gut tells me that all is not what it seems. I also want to support Matt's mother who's been a friend of mine for over 20 yrs. Whatever the final outcome is, Matt's family and Melissa's family (whom I don't know) do not deserve to go thru something like this. My heart breaks for those little girls.

I'm so sorry if my comment across that way, Bracdeb, but I can see now reading it back why you would think that. Please accept my apologies. I have nothing but sympathy for both sides of the family.

I'm sure Matt's mother is grateful for a great friend like you. The kids are adorable, my heart breaks and I don't know them like you do.

I don't think anybody was applauding him, but yes, you were right. I have no problem admitting I was wrong. I think we are all here for the same end goal.

Now I'm just sad....

You were not wrong & I was not right. This is the first thread I've followed that anyone suggested it was good that someone lawyered up. And several posters did. I just thought that was unusual & wondered why it occurred.

You were not wrong & I was not right. This is the first thread I've followed that anyone suggested it was good that someone lawyered up. And several posters did. I just thought that was unusual & wondered why it occurred.

I never said it was good that he lawyered up, I said I didn't have a problem with it. To be honest, I don't have a problem with anyone hiring a lawyer if they are being investigated for murder.

But truce. :truce:

I'm so sorry if my comment across that way, Bracdeb, but I can see now reading it back why you would think that. Please accept my apologies. I have nothing but sympathy for both sides of the family.

I'm sure Matt's mother is grateful for a great friend like you. The kids are adorable, my heart breaks and I don't know them like you do.

I wasn't offended at all. I came into this forum a little strong because I'm extremely loyal to my friends and I have strong convictions when I believe in something or someone. That was the basis of why I made the statement that I did, not from anything you said.

The arrest was just a little too dramatic. Almost like they had to make a very quick and public arrest for the media's sake. For God sakes, they made his father lay down on the driveway as if he were a criminal.

I choose to believe that Matt is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I strongly believe that Melissa and her family deserve justice as well.

I wasn't offended at all. I came into this forum a little strong because I'm extremely loyal to my friends and I have strong convictions when I believe in something or someone. That was the basis of why I made the statement that I did, not from anything you said.

The arrest was just a little too dramatic. Almost like they had to make a very quick and public arrest for the media's sake. For God sakes, they made his father lay down on the driveway as if he were a criminal.

I choose to believe that Matt is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I strongly believe that Melissa and her family deserve justice as well.

Totally understandable.

So y'all don't know what the evidence they are alleging to have against Matt is yet?

Totally understandable.

So y'all don't know what the evidence they are alleging to have against Matt is yet?

Of course I'm curious but my manners tell me to not ask just yet. I'm not sure they would be able to tell me if I did ask and I don't think I'd share if I did find out. I've just been offering support and prayers up until this point.

Of course I'm curious but my manners tell me to not ask just yet. I'm not sure they would be able to tell me if I did ask and I don't think I'd share if I did find out. I've just been offering support and prayers up until this point.

That's true, I realized after I asked you the question you wouldn't be able to say anything even if you knew.

I hope you stick around. It may be tough for you reading some of the comments here about Matt since you are a friend of the family, but we are a victim friendly forum. Please keep us updated if you can.

I'm glad to see that Melissa's body was at least recovered, and I hope that justice is served if in fact her ex-husband was responsible for her murder.

BBM. I agree.

I was shocked when I saw news footage of the whole thing going down. I guess the media was already staked out in front of the home, but I had to wonder why they weren't evacuated before the arrest. LE including federal LE is about to arrest a presumably dangerous criminal but don't clear civilians from the area beforehand? What if he'd had a weapon and started shooting? Innocent bystanders could have been injured or killed.

ETA for clarity: I am not saying I think he is innocent, simply that I was shocked that the arrest was recorded as it was.

RIP Melissa, I said prayers for your sweet children. I hope they are raised by someone who will honor and keep you alive in their memories.

I felt for Matthew's Dad, in that arrest video. He obviously does not think his son is capable of murdering Melissa. The evidence will most likely prove him wrong.

Bracdeb, don't be sorry for supporting your friend, she's going to need your love.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back