Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an immediate family member, let me put you at ease. I WANT everyone to ask the questions - the easy ones, the hard ones, the inquisitive ones, the skeptical ones... Asking questions could trigger something that helps us locate Papaw. We ARE victims, but that doesn't mean we are delicate little flowers. We might get offended at a question, but I'll be damned if I won't answer something that could help just because it makes me uncomfortable.

May I ask if you would verify your status with Websletuths mods?

I ask because you will probably get more help and this thread will get more exposure having a "verified insider".

Per the above article: "Some items including cash was taken from the home."

So, was his wallet in the house?
Was the home broken into or was it unlocked? Anything amiss in the house? Perhaps he walked in on someone looting the home. But surely there would be evidence of that. What were the "other things missing".

All very strange and curious.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The wallet was in the workshop. The home was locked and dark, as was the shop. Nothing other than DL and a small amount of cash out of his wallet missing (other cash and valuables were available easily, but not disturbed). Nothing was awry in the home. Nothing was askew in the shop. Just the three (incl the phone) missing items and the blood.

Oh, I missed that about cash being taken from the home. Very, very odd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NO cash was taken from the home, that was all still in place. Only the cash he kept in his wallet.

His wife was not home when he went missing. She was at work, and came home to an empty, locked and dark house and shop. Enlisted help from their neighbor to check the land and then called 911 after not being able to find him.

The shop was also locked?

We know that people get robbed.

We know that people get robbed and then are injured or killed during the course of the robbery.

How often have we seen someone get robbed and abducted?

Was this scene staged? If so, who would do that and why?

It is also possible that MC did have the beginnings of dementia but family is in denial. I've seen that on another case recently.

The drivers license and cash missing from the wallet are curious. Maybe to make it easier to identify his body when he's found?

And I'd still like to know where his wife was. If he supposedly picked up makeup for her at Walmart that day, then where was she that she was not able to pick that up? I'm not saying she's suspicious. Im just trying to figure out if people were doing their normal Friday routine.

As far as I know, law enforcement does not feel the scene was staged.

Health records have been obtained by law enforcement, no indications of any stage of mental illness. As someone who knows him, I can attest that he was sharp as a tack.

Wife was at work. Papaw would often pick things up for her during the day, even makeup, that's just the kind of man he is. All seemed normal Friday morning when she left for work.

Any idea if there are woods near the house? If he was injured in the shop, maybe he became disoriented and wandered off. We have seen many cases where people are found so close to where they were last seen.

Lots of woods, but all have been searched with dogs. No sign of him.

NO cash was taken from the home, that was all still in place. Only the cash he kept in his wallet.

Thank you for clarifying. Extremely odd to take a DL, and not cash.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Possible he hit his head and wondered off?

DL and cash could still be in his pocket from paying at WM and he didn't put back in his wallet? Did he normally use cash or cc?

His wife last talked to him at 8am. Supposedly she was at work. She comes home at 7pm. No husband.

I guess I'm too used to my parents, who talk to each other often throughout the day.

The Bring PaPaw Home Facebook page has lots of people offering up prayers but nothing else in the way of info. No planned searches.

The last search was Saturday in a new area based on a tip. Mounted and 4-wheelers. Nothing resulting from the search.

It was not unusual for them not to talk. Papaw didn't text other than "ok," and even then not really that either.

The wallet was in the workshop. The home was locked and dark, as was the shop. Nothing other than DL and a small amount of cash out of his wallet missing (other cash and valuables were available easily, but not disturbed). Nothing was awry in the home. Nothing was askew in the shop. Just the three (incl the phone) missing items and the blood.
You say the shop was locked and dark? When?!

When did the phone pings cease?
Approximate time.

What about the truck keys? Where were those?

Was it his normal habit to lock the house while in the shed? Was it a habit to lock himself inside the shed when working inside it? If so, why?

Did it appear he went into the house when he got home?

Why would the trail of blood end before exiting the shed? Is there a towel missing.

Was the shed found locked that evening when it was determined he was missing?

Is there more info we are not privy to? The few facts we have do not add up to much. We have no real motive for him to be missing. I'd be checking and rechecking the area right around his home.

No real motive, indeed. The family is stumped as well.

The area has been searched, re-searched and searched again. Family walks around there often in the hopes of finding him and thus having answers.

Also where was the makeup he purchased? Did he go into the house and put it down or was it still in the shop?

I'm trying to figure out if he went into the house at all?

I feel like this is the most realistic scenario. But at the end of the day, there's still a question of where is he at?

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I tend to agree - but what meth-head or typical robber could hide a body so well?? Why can't we find him? Why take only that small amount of cash from his wallet and his DL and not ANYTHING else? There is plenty in his home, vehicle, shop... None of it disturbed. That to me indicates something else is afoot. The question is... what the hell happened?

You're right...no only but doesn't mention anything else he bought so why this...reads as odd...imho
and could just be media reporting.
ETA Perhaps another article may mention why the trip to Walmart besides buying makeup. He could have spoke to his wife before or during the trip and she asked him to pick up. It seems not much os known or just pieces are being released which I understand.

His wife asked him that morning for certain make-up articles. I'm not positive, but I do think that her make-up was the only reason for the trip. He is just that awesome of a husband.

I just stumbled across this case. How disturbing. How curious.

Are there any locals here who can give us the lowdown on the area? Where is their house located relative to towns, lake, etc.? Is their lot super private? Would their neighbors be able to see their property?

Their neighbors can see their property, as can anyone driving by on the road. Lake Tawakoni is very close. Game warden has been searching that and the ponds/creeks in the area.

His wife asked him that morning for certain make-up articles. I'm not positive, but I do think that her make-up was the only reason for the trip. He is just that awesome of a husband.

AWE! I'm so very sorry for you and your family this must be hard!

Pmerle00- what are your thoughts on why this huge hulk of a man disappeared?

Can I use strong language here, or will that offend??

IMHO - there are a few scenarios. Robbery gone wrong, which I have stated my opinion on that. Maybe he injured himself, walked to the road for help and someone took advantage - but then the wallet/keys still in the shop makes no sense. Most terrifying, but what fits to me best: perhaps there is a serial in the area and this could be connected to Mark Hallman's disappearance from the same general area (http://ketr.org/post/1-year-later-hallmans-disappearance-still-question). Other than those scenarios? I don't know. And really none of them (maybe the last one if there's a 3rd case?) fit to me either.

(and he's not THAT huge of a hulk, his personality, desire to help others, and family-oriented state of mind are huge, but he is just tall. :) )

May I ask if you would verify your status with Websletuths mods?

I ask because you will probably get more help and this thread will get more exposure having a "verified insider".

Certainly! Uh... how do I do that? I only joined because I found this thread and wanted to answer as a family member since the news doesn't report everything. So I don't know how to do things on here really...

Possible he hit his head and wondered off?

DL and cash could still be in his pocket from paying at WM and he didn't put back in his wallet? Did he normally use cash or cc?

He used cash at walmart, didn't appear to remove his DL from surveillance video. It would be unlike him to put both in his pocket and not in his wallet. Creature of habit, my Papaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnicornAmalthea