Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there more info we are not privy to? The few facts we have do not add up to much. We have no real motive for him to be missing. I'd be checking and rechecking the area right around his home.

The area is very thickly wooded and Lake Tawakonie is very close. The Quinlan area is kind of run down. Typical lakeside Texas town. Lots of druggies and meth heads in the proximity. I'm thinking he came home from Walmart and surprised someone robbing his house and shed. He probably tried to stop them and was injured. Maybe he could identify the robbers so they felt like they had to dispose of him. Just thinking of the most likely scenario for the area.

The area is very thickly wooded and Lake Tawakonie is very close. The Quinlan area is kind of run down. Typical lakeside Texas town. Lots of druggies and meth heads in the proximity. I'm thinking he came home from Walmart and surprised someone robbing his house and shed. He probably tried to stop them and was injured. Maybe he could identify the robbers so they felt like they had to dispose of him. Just thinking of the most likely scenario for the area.

I feel like this is the most realistic scenario. But at the end of the day, there's still a question of where is he at?

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I just stumbled across this case. How disturbing. How curious.

Are there any locals here who can give us the lowdown on the area? Where is their house located relative to towns, lake, etc.? Is their lot super private? Would their neighbors be able to see their property?

https://www.google.com/maps/search/fm+2101+quinlan+tx+75474/@32.9570003,-96.1085768,13z

You can see WM in the bottom left corner. Where the red pin is starts the 7000 block of FM 2101 where his house in located approx (news only says 7000 block) and it goes south to the bend to 7900.

It's rural mix of homes with acreage some nice homes others not so much. You can do street view to get a better picture. It's been quite awhile since I was in the Lake Tawokini area but we had friends that had a cabin there in the early 2000's.

Not so much desolute as it is typical rural Texas living. Quite a bit of traffic on this road. One of the largest employers in the area is just about 5 miles North on this road.L-3 Communications. I used to live one road over on FM 2947.A good mixture of really nice brick homes and land with less expensive doublewides. The closer you get to the lake the seedier it gets. Except the Hideaway Lake area is really nice and expensive. Lots of woods in this area.
It appears desolate. I don't see how anyone would have seen or heard anything!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Not so much desolute as it is typical rural Texas living. Quite a bit of traffic on this road. One of the largest employers in the area is just about 5 miles North on this road.L-3 Communications. I used to live one road over on FM 2947.A good mixture of really nice brick homes and land with less expensive doublewides. The closer you get to the lake the seedier it gets. Except the Hideaway Lake area is really nice and expensive. Lots of woods in this area.
Where is the Wal-Mart in relation to his home? Is the area known for burglaries, or breakins?

Abt 8 or 9 miles from his house to the Quinlan Walmart.

This is a big guy. Why would anyone mess with him?

Certainly police have checked pings from his phone.

I wonder if he kept his phone in his pocket? (which would explain the phone being gone).

He does tend to keep his phone in his pocket, yes.

SABBM

So maybe there are some pings ?
Pretty strong words from LE to say they think he was taken against his will. must be more evidence than we've seen.

The pings were inconclusive, couldn't triangulate before the phone went dark.

Sorry to quote my own post but this bugs me.

The article says he and the phone are missing but NOT the wallet and keys.

BUT.....money and his d.l. were missing from his wallet!!

Where were the keys and wallet found? Outside in the shed?

The blood trail went for a bit outside the shed and then it looked like whoever's blood it was turned back around to the shed.

I wonder if Wal-Mart surveillance shows who was in line next to MC in the checkout line. Maybe someone saw his cash when he paid for the makeup and had bad thoughts. And even though surveilliance video shows there was no obvious car following him, maybe they knew who he was.

But why take him away? Unless of course, they didn't want to be identified but had he been fatally hurt, then why take him? Unless it was to delay looking for him in a serious way. It does seem like a while before they got search parties going.

Or does he get queasy at the sight of his own blood? I have a brother
(who reminds me of MC) and he passes out when he sees his own blood.

I'd have a relook at the entire area surrounding his home. And maybe use a cadaver dog.

The wallet and keys were in their normal place where he would put them when working in his shed.

The blood was not outside the shed, but inside - leading towards the door.

Walmart surveillance has been reviewed - no one followed him out of the store or out of the parking lot that they can tell.

He does NOT get queasy at the sight of his or anyone else's blood.

Cadaver dogs have been used in the surrounding areas.

I just find it very strange that this case has not gotten more national attention. The wallet was left in the shed, only the money and drivers license missing. He is a big man, would have taken 2 people to take him, in my opinion.
In my opinion, when someone goes missing in a family, all the family changes their picture to that of the missing person, to get the word out there. Some in his family did not do this and I find it strange.
I hope he is found, but it is not looking good. No clues on where to look

As a family member who did NOT change her picture on FB - I want others to know who they are contacting when they have a question/comment without having to read too much. IMO it shouldn't take effort to be sure you are contacting a family member with info or questions. I LOVE that so many have changed their pictures to the posters, pictures, etc., my way of getting word out is to post, post, post and monitor comments and other pages to answer questions or ask for more details from people posting. Many of our family are also very private individuals, who don't even use their real names on their pages. So there's that, too.

As I am answering these questions, please don't take offense to anything I say. I am only trying to answer questions in the hopes it helps ANYONE to figure out how we can #BringPapawHome.

I'm hoping they searched his truck.
What if he was hijacked before he made it home. And even though his keys and wallet were found, wouldn't he have left those inside
the house and not in the shed?

Maybe someone brought the truck back to his home and dumped his wallet and keys in the shed. And then took the $ to throw off police.
To make it look like a robbery.

And the blood? Not sure what to
think of that.

His vehicle was searched. Valuables were left in there as well. If it was a robbery, they sure are super bad at taking things worth money.... Tools, cars, weapons, etc. - none of it taken.

As a family member who did NOT change her picture on FB - I want others to know who they are contacting when they have a question/comment without having to read too much. IMO it shouldn't take effort to be sure you are contacting a family member with info or questions. I LOVE that so many have changed their pictures to the posters, pictures, etc., my way of getting word out is to post, post, post and monitor comments and other pages to answer questions or ask for more details from people posting. Many of our family are also very private individuals, who don't even use their real names on their pages. So there's that, too.

As I am answering these questions, please don't take offense to anything I say. I am only trying to answer questions in the hopes it helps ANYONE to figure out how we can #BringPapawHome.

THANK YOU for your input here. Prayers to your family.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I think he hurt himself and wandered off and succumbed to his injury somewhere, not yet found.

We are not allowed to sleuth nor accuse family members here on WS, this is a family friendly forum. Unless LE says otherwise family members are considered victims. <modsnip>

As an immediate family member, let me put you at ease. I WANT everyone to ask the questions - the easy ones, the hard ones, the inquisitive ones, the skeptical ones... Asking questions could trigger something that helps us locate Papaw. We ARE victims, but that doesn't mean we are delicate little flowers. We might get offended at a question, but I'll be damned if I won't answer something that could help just because it makes me uncomfortable.

His wife was not home when he went missing. She was at work, and came home to an empty, locked and dark house and shop. Enlisted help from their neighbor to check the land and then called 911 after not being able to find him.
Pmerle00- what are your thoughts on why this huge hulk of a man disappeared?

I saw that. My first question was, "What ARE the suspicious circumstances??". Ugh. Are they meaning in general, or is there stuff not made public? So frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the "suspicious circumstances" are the amount of blood, the fact that his wallet is there but the DL and cash is not, no other tools or valuables are missing, his keys are still there, his cell phone went dark very quickly, and that he is such a physically and mentally fit individual who is well-regarded by all who know him that his disappearance is unlikely to be voluntary or age-related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AustinK98