Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been several cases on WS where the body of a missing person turns up within a mile of home, despite searches that don't turn them up. My gut feeling is that this is one of those cases. My condolences to the family. This must be terrible for them.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

There have been several cases on WS where the body of a missing person turns up within a mile of home, despite searches that don't turn them up. My gut feeling is that this is one of those cases. My condolences to the family. This must be terrible for them.

JMO

Agree and I really think it would be worth it to organize and try searching all over again beginning from around the property and heading outward in 360 degrees up to about 3 miles in any direction. 5 if searchers can go that far. I know that is a lot of searching but I do think it would be worth it. With no other evidence that he can be anywhere else I do think he is fairly close by still.

Im still leaning toward either a robbery where he came home and surprised the theives or an accident where he walked off to get help and got disoriented and then maybe the bleeding got worse and he passed away before he could find help.

I read back again and read more news articles and there was money missing according to some articles and combined with the blood I have to lean toward a robbery. I know it is strange that theives would take him with them but maybe they did not know what to do with him at first and just wanted to make sure he wasnt left behind to ID them so they made him go with them. Then later on once in the woods they decided they had to kill him. Or maybe when they first hit him he succumbed to his injury later as they walked away.

I tried to find a google map of the exact area and I think I got close but I could not find the exact house. There are woods around there for sure based on some news videos that showed searchers. There are enough scattered other homes that makes me think the perps are local and were just on foot looking to break into places during the daytime. I think relatively young perps. Maybe a couple friends that always hung out together and were up to no good that day.

I think searchers should bring out cadever dogs and search all the area over again up to 3 to 5 miles. Cadaver dogs would be a good idea to try since I think the odor if he passed on would help the dogs find him if he is anywhere fairly close by. If the family has the means they may be able to organize their own search party and acquire a cadever dog to help them. I am sure all neighbors would have to be asked for permission on a certain day to search. Most neighbors would allow something like that so long as it is done over a weekend or maybe two weekends. If any neighbors dont allow searchers on their property then I would wonder why or what they are trying to hide.

With some careful organizing with flyers announcing a new search and doing it in advance to get permissions lined up then a search could be organized with or without LE. Hopefully LE could help organize it but even if they are unwilling then I think a private search could be organized and done legally with permissions. It would just take some careful planning and trying to be sure to get a cadaver dog or two would be important to make the searching go easier.

Wholeheartedly agree. I feel like another set of searches on ground, water, and aerial would be beneficial.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I agree with you. Can they get Texas Equusearch to help? This is exactly what they do and they wouldn't have to travel far to help search.

I want to share about my father just that people do hide things. I'm not saying pawpaw has done so but we really don't know. It's meant NO disrespect to family or loved ones.
I asked awhile ago if perhaps pawpaw maybe got some bad medical news and didn't want to share it. I asked because a few years ago my mom had suspicions that my father for bad news at a drs apt plus with other signs at the house. She would ask him and he refused to say anything. The last year of his life he was a different man. In hindsight I feel my father knew he was sick. My father died pretty young of cardiac arrest in my house picking up my son for match break. My mom told me things afterwards of weird things she noticed. Like blood in his underwear and that he went out and bought new ones( never done that, and no affair was happening).
We know my dad would never want us burdened with his health or to be worried. I think he wanted to protect us. I feel like if my mom didn't rely on my father so much that perhaps he would have just "disappeared" as hard as that is for me to say. I know it would be out of love.

I hope pawpaw is safe but honestly the best case at this point is that he walked away from his life ( I don't think this happened).
Embracing his loved ones that they get the answers they need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, dumb basic question here but I don't have time to search the thread for the answer: was the blood confirmed to be his with DNA?

Sorry, dumb basic question here but I don't have time to search the thread for the answer: was the blood confirmed to be his with DNA?
Here is what his granddaughter said:

"They are going to do additional testing on the blood for these very things, but it could still take a while. The DNA test came back much quicker than they expected, which is great."
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-County-10-March-2017&p=13322044#post13322044

She also posted:
"The blood is undergoing additional analysis, I think age is one of the things they are testing. That being said, I can almost guarantee it isn't old blood. Papaw is meticulous about cleanliness - in the house, his truck, his shop... If he injured himself in the days before he went missing or even in the morning before he went to WalMart, he would have cleaned it up after he slapped a bandage on the wound."
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-County-10-March-2017&p=13340517#post13340517

Yes

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

One would think that if there was a cadaver out there that there would be the unmistakable scent of death?

Would there have been time to bury a body?! I don't really see how.

If they are going to do an Equus search, the sooner the better. Things are going to start blooming and growing
and if there is something somewhere on the property, it's going to be a lot harder to find.

I'd still like an answer to the dog. What kind..Was he usually outside w/ Pawpa.?..
and was he protective and was the dog inside or outside when BC got home?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The family would have to ask for them to come in.

Of course and possibly they already have. It is an excellent idea

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

The granddaughter posted this on Apr. 10th (so MC had been missing for exactly a month):
"The wallet and keys were in their normal place where he would put them when working in his shed.

The blood was not outside the shed, but inside - leading towards the door.

Walmart surveillance has been reviewed - no one followed him out of the store or out of the parking lot that they can tell.

He does NOT get queasy at the sight of his or anyone else's blood.

Cadaver dogs have been used in the surrounding areas."
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-County-10-March-2017&p=13302336#post13302336
(BBM)

I still would love to see Texas EquuSearch come in and do additional ground and water searches. If anyone is interested, here is link to the "How, When and Why We Search" section of the TES website:
http://www.texasequusearch.org/about/how-when-and-why-we-search/

I would also love an update from LE just to see if they are any closer to finding Papaw.

Your idea of usingTexas Equusearch is brilliant. I hope the family requests this. Perhaps they have or are right now considering it?

Still feel like he is right there, going to sound crazy but could he have had a secret cellar?

I am just completely at a loss with this case. I feel in my gut that he left on his own. If he planned to commit suicide he possibly wanted the license on his body and the wallet at home so other items were safe for his wife like his ss card or credit cards.
It is also a rare possibility that the license was taken for proof of murder , for example a "hit "
Nobody's life is as perfect as it seems on the outside.
My husbands theory is he was taken into protective custody and that's why there is no more media or news coverage. (Crazy I know)

The family could also reach out to the discovery channels "disappear".

In my opinion, he did not leave on his own accord.

From what his granddaughter has said on these threads, his personality demonstrates that he would never ever contemplate this. I know we shouldn't say "never" but this young woman knows Mr. Chambers likely better than anyone and her closeness to him shows the type of person he is. She knows his habits - even where he leaves his wallet in the shed when he is working. I couldn't imagine that Mr. Chambers would ever abandon his love for his granddaughter in a million years! In fact every report from close friends indicate his character.

This is my own opinion after reading all of the documents pertaining to this case.

Thinking of Mr. Chambers' loved ones today and sending prayers of love and comfort to surround them all.

Still thinking of Papaw...hoping and praying he's ok...

Update from the news this morning: Sunday there is a search happening from an out of state search and rescue group.

Bring pawpaw home Facebook page states the family has called in their own private search services and they will be starting over with the search on Sunday. All areas previously searched will be searched again. This is what I've been waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member