Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two things I find particularly unusual -and frankly disturbing- about PaPaw's case: A consistent pattern of ever-changing stories, and things being "debunked." Example include:

(RBBM)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-10-March-2017-1&p=13453732#post13453732

Pmerle00 posted the above on June 23rd. Why wasn't she made aware of it sooner? I remember us talking about how odd it was that everything was locked up when BC came home if PaPaw was attacked in the shop, and especially so if this was a case of robbery gone wrong; it is virtually unheard of for a perp to take the time to make sure the place s/he is robbing is secure and protected. Did someone see the discussion on here, realize the state in which PaPaw's shop and the house were found indeed appeared suspicious and change their story?

Another example:
(RBBM)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-10-March-2017-2&p=13528087#post13528087

I cannot go into details, but the explanation given by a family member in an FB post as to how and why PaPaw ended up going to Walmart to get the mascara that day is completely different than the information given to Pmerle00.

Things being "debunked" (or shown to be different than what Pmerle00 has been told):
(RBBM)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-10-March-2017-1&p=13511195#post13511195
Public records show otherwise :(.

(RBBM)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-10-March-2017-2&p=13526202#post13526202
As per DPFPS publications, they were required to respond by Feb. 28th if they wanted the payments to go to semi-annual; otherwise, their payments would have stayed monthly. Therefore, this is misinformation and a moot, irrelevant point, IMO. If it is true that the distribution form had not been returned at the time of PaPaw's disappearance, then the potential problem would have been that the DROP payments would have stopped altogether because PaPaw was no longer there to sign the form.

Pmerle00 also shared with us:
(RBBM)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ounty-10-March-2017-3&p=13564481#post13564481
So -as suspected-, at least PaPaw's regular/non-DROP payments would have continued as usual without him being declared deceased.

Then this morning, I found a couple of quotes from Sheriff Meeks that I hadn't seen before (All BBM):
"'His wife, she works in Dallas, came home around 7 p.m. and was unable to get a hold of him,' Meeks said."
and also
"Chambers often spent time in a workshop on the property.

'And that’s where we observed indicators that he did not leave on his own,' Meeks said. 'Several items of his were also missing.'"
http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/up...cle_c5d512b2-0683-11e7-971c-e3cda73252a4.html

The article was last updated at 6:15pm on Mar. 11, not even 24 hours after PaPaw went missing, so perhaps Sheriff Meeks still wasn't familiar with all the facts and details of the case. But as Dayzee pointed out, two days later at the press conference, he stated BC had "returned home a few minutes prior to the call," which he said came in "at approximately 6:55pm."

I know I forget things from time to time and don't always remember things accurately. But it is the consistent pattern of inconsistencies that really trouble me here.

The mascara story was told to me directly by Becca, who then contradicted that story on FB in the comment you mentioned.

The Letters of Testamentary were also explained to me by Becca as NOT a death certificate. Y'all uncovered a certificate of death note, which we have requested a copy of and will share when we receive it.

The DROP money letter was also explained to me by Becca. I am now looking into this more closely, as information is clearly contradicted here, so I'm not sure yet whether to correct myself or not.

I do believe that Meeks' information about her timeline was bad. I have seen the timestamps on the texts (on my way home, home, where are you, I'm looking for you, call me back, etc.). They show 6:14 (I'm home, where are you, your truck is here but I can't find you anywhere) to 7:01 (call me ASAP).

I understand how frustrating it must be to go on something I say and then have me find out I was misinformed (either purposefully misdirected or unintentionally miscommunicated with). Believe me, I am a hundred times more frustrated with not being given the 100% truth from the get-go. I don't like to be wrong. But I also don't want to withhold info here when I think it could be important. :-(

The mascara story was told to me directly by Becca, who then contradicted that story on FB in the comment you mentioned.

The Letters of Testamentary were also explained to me by Becca as NOT a death certificate. Y'all uncovered a certificate of death note, which we have requested a copy of and will share when we receive it.

The DROP money letter was also explained to me by Becca. I am now looking into this more closely, as information is clearly contradicted here, so I'm not sure yet whether to correct myself or not.

I do believe that Meeks' information about her timeline was bad. I have seen the timestamps on the texts (on my way home, home, where are you, I'm looking for you, call me back, etc.). They show 6:14 (I'm home, where are you, your truck is here but I can't find you anywhere) to 7:01 (call me ASAP).

I understand how frustrating it must be to go on something I say and then have me find out I was misinformed (either purposefully misdirected or unintentionally miscommunicated with). Believe me, I am a hundred times more frustrated with not being given the 100% truth from the get-go. I don't like to be wrong. But I also don't want to withhold info here when I think it could be important. :-(

I forgot to mention - I DO NOT REMEMBER who told me he usually kept the doors locked, but one of his sons is the one who corrected me. I know I asked that early on after he went missing, and some of those conversations are blurred together at this point.

Was it common as a home health nurse for you to draw blood or did your patients go to a lab to have blood drawn? Also did your company keep vacutainers in their supply room in case you had to draw blood on one of your patients?
U know I'm not sure how big of area quinlan is but i was a home health nurse and you have so much freedom. Just saying it's not like working in an office or hospital. You are pretty much on your own and YOU make the visit times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Those texts sound pretty strange (amongst other things). Why would she be telling him his truck is at home? Shouldn't he already know where his truck is? Why put that in a text? Just thinking out loud.

Pmelrle00 keep your head up. We know you are doing your best with the information you've been given. Hugs.

It's very common to draw blood on pts at home. Its one of the reasons to have home health. I always packed vials for the day or next. Even kept extras in my box that stayed in my car all the time in case something came up and wouldn't have to run to the office. If the blood came from some of the vials it would have an additive to keep it from clotting up. The vials without allow the blood to clot.
Was it common as a home health nurse for you to draw blood or did your patients go to a lab to have blood drawn? Also did your company keep vacutainers in their supply room in case you had to draw blood on one of your patients?

I also wanted to add that if i was scheduled close to home which i usually was i would stop for lunch or a break. Sometime just to do charting. If her company uses computers there might be away to trace movements. Plus you have to keep a log to show your mileage from place to place as well. Feel free to ask me anything about. I really feel for this family. Pawpaw reminds me of my sweet sweet grandpa and father in law who are both gone now. I've had to give up nursing because of some health issues but i worked 14 years as a nurse and 3 as a home health nurse. It wasn't my favorite because of all the driving.

The area Papaw went missing in is pretty remote, isn't it? I wonder how difficult it would be to do a cell tower dump. I would think there wouldn't be a large amount of data to weed through.

Those texts sound pretty strange (amongst other things). Why would she be telling him his truck is at home? Shouldn't he already know where his truck is? Why put that in a text? Just thinking out loud.
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out why all of the texts and calls were necessary. Even if Pawpaw was a homebody, I don't understand why it would be so alarming to not know where he was for an hour or two. Very odd.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It seems like alot to me as well. If my husband is caught up in something it takes a bit to call or text back. I wouldn't be too concerned after an hour.
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out why all of the texts and calls were necessary. Even if Pawpaw was a homebody, I don't understand why it would be so alarming to not know where he was for an hour or two. Very odd.

It seems like alot to me as well. If my husband is caught up in something it takes a bit to call or text back. I wouldn't be too concerned after an hour.

Exactly. And telling him his truck is there, but she can't find him, is extremely odd. I guess that's something I might text if I knew someone else might be reading later. But maybe I'm putting too much weight on it.

I agree. Especially for an adult male. One hour isn't much time at all to start panicking. Also when your husband is a fireman you are used to going hours without talking to them. I know he's retired now but all those texts within 45 minutes does seem odd to me, but maybe it's not for them.

I'm just saying from my own experience with my husband.

I agree. Especially for an adult male. One hour isn't much time at all to start panicking. Also when your husband is a fireman you are used to going hours without talking to them. I know he's retired now but all those texts within 45 minutes does seem odd to me, but maybe it's not for them.

I'm just saying from my own experience with my husband.

This is why I asked if she also tried texting friends or family before she called 911. I would have wanted to see if one of them picked him up for something. Even after seeing the blood that she also should have known was not a fatal amount since she's a nurse, I would have called to see if perhaps they picked him up to take him to the hospital. I wonder how many calls she made, if any. I maybe would have started out with texts for a while and then start calling to see if he would pick up. Seems like an awful lot or not enough was done in an hour.

This has been my thought also.

Just to point something out tho, not all nurses are trained in venipuncture (drawing blood) and most are not assigned such a task in their job.

We don't even what kind of nurse BC is. A registered nurse? A nurse's aid? practical nurse? Many times people say "nurse" and it's assumed it's an RN but could be nurse's aid

I've been an RN for over 25 years and have worked in all areas of nursing and have never had to draw blood from a patient. Those who do are usually Emergency nurses, Dialysis nurses, ICU. My understanding is that Becca was a "home health or health care nurse."

She is an Lvn. She would draw labs alot because that is part of home health. I worked in the float pool (i was assigned to different areas according to need everyday). I drew tons of blood in the er and only from central lines on the floors and icus. Blood draws are a big part of home health.
Just to point something out tho, not all nurses are trained in venipuncture (drawing blood) and most are not assigned such a task in their job.

We don't even what kind of nurse BC is. A registered nurse? A nurse's aid? practical nurse? Many times people say "nurse" and it's assumed it's an RN but could be nurse's aid

I've been an RN for over 25 years and have worked in all areas of nursing and have never had to draw blood from a patient. Those who do are usually Emergency nurses, Dialysis nurses, ICU. My understanding is that Becca was a "home health or health care nurse."

I'm not sure of becca's thought process but I've said that before to family members or fiancé. Like "wtf I'm freaking out here why is your truck here if you're not?" Kind of text. Lol. IMO.

I'm not sure of becca's thought process but I've said that before to family members or fiancé. Like "wtf I'm freaking out here why is your truck here if you're not?" Kind of text. Lol. IMO.

Were there specific circumstances that made you freak out? I wouldn't have if I saw my husband's truck, but I know all people are different. I would have thought maybe he went for a walk, maybe he went across the street to the neighbor for whatever reason, maybe family picked him up and his phone went dead or he's in an area with bad reception. Maybe the truck won't start and he asked someone to take him to the store to get some gas or a part. Nothing would have made me immediately freak out and start asking neighbors to help me search within minutes. My phone acts up and doesn't work sometimes even when I'm sitting in my own house. I've also had delays in getting text messages sometimes and I don't live far out in the country.

Pmele you are amazing, I really think with your determination you will get to the bottom of this. You got this girl xx

Were there specific circumstances that made you freak out? I wouldn't have if I saw my husband's truck, but I know all people are different. I would have thought maybe he went for a walk, maybe he went across the street to the neighbor for whatever reason, maybe family picked him up and his phone went dead or he's in an area with bad reception. Maybe the truck won't start and he asked someone to take him to the store to get some gas or a part. Nothing would have made me immediately freak out and start asking neighbors to help me search within minutes. My phone acts up and doesn't work sometimes even when I'm sitting in my own house. I've also had delays in getting text messages sometimes and I don't live far out in the country.
This was her first day back to work.
She probably expected him to be home to greet her. The fact the house was dark and locked must have come as a surprise.

I understand the texts about the truck being there because it really didn't make sense that his truck was there but he was nowhere to be found.

<modsnip>

Just trying to see both sides.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

This is why I asked if she also tried texting friends or family before she called 911. I would have wanted to see if one of them picked him up for something. Even after seeing the blood that she also should have known was not a fatal amount since she's a nurse, I would have called to see if perhaps they picked him up to take him to the hospital. I wonder how many calls she made, if any. I maybe would have started out with texts for a while and then start calling to see if he would pick up. Seems like an awful lot or not enough was done in an hour.

There have been times in my marriage where my husband's car is home but he is not. My first thought is to text him, "where are you? Your car is here but I can't find you." If I don't hear back from him I have never thought something bad happened. I usually go to, maybe he went for a jog, maybe a friend or family member stopped by and picked him up, or maybe he's at a neighbor's house. Im sure I'll hear from him within a couple hours.

I think it would take several hours for my mind to start thinking something bad happened to him. I don't know. Were they completely dependent on each other? It sounds like they had some independence if BC took vacations without him and vice versa. Unless he had a medical problem I don't understand the immediate cause for worry. It would make more sense if we were talking about a child imo.

ETA If I walked into something that looked like a crime scene I'd act sooner. Not sure what BC walked into but since LE isn't treating this like a crime I'm assuming it wasn't cause for concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson