Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, something that I can't get out of my mind is the statement Meeks made at the presser. Something like, "Maybe he was protecting his wife."
What in the world do you think he meant by that. What are some possible situations where his disappearance could be protecting his wife?
Thoughts...
When writing to Dateline last night I included this comment to them. Like I said.. A true Novel of what was said by LE and case facts I wrote. [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

You know, something that I can't get out of my mind is the statement Meeks made at the presser. Something like, "Maybe he was protecting his wife."
What in the world do you think he meant by that. What are some possible situations where his disappearance could be protecting his wife?
Thoughts...
My opinion....their inital 'spin' on this case was "Mr. chambers walked in on some meth head robbing him ( see...cash and phone are gone) and they were planning on waiting until the wife got home, take them for all they had. However, Mr. Chambers, kicking into protector mode suggested they could take him somewhere for whatever reason in order to have his wife avoid harm coming to her."
IMO they were probably fed this line by....well, just ask yourselves who would benefit from that theory being promoted and Im sure you can read between the lines enough to know where my suspicions lie.
I dont for one second think they ever counted on the publicity and interest in this case uncovering what it has so far. They assumed it would fade away like so many other cases have and remain unsolved.
Prime example...HCSO put up a billboard recently asking for leads in a cold case nearly decade old double murder. Got the date wrong and put pictures up that family says didn't resemble the victims in real life...their response...meh.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

I am speculating but....there may have been some issues with a particular person beforehand and the name of that person may have been mentioned by BC to Meeks & co. MC would have been aware of the issue and that may be why he may have left the property
with this person. Again, only speculation on my part.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

And if that were the case, it seems that person would be a pretty easy and obvious target for the police and would be a pretty open and shut case. And I guess this person would have had the ability to come back to the house and stage a semi-crime scene by dropping blood in the shop. Our VI's description of the blood is that it was fresh and almost perfectly placed. It didn't appear to be old dried blood from a previous injury.

Amen to that! I've read up quite a bit about HCSO and I thank my lucky stars that I don't live there and count on them for protection. When you have a crooked Sheriff stating that his and his officers' authority comes from God and shouldn't be questioned, something is VERY wrong. There are a few open cases there that make one shake their head in disgust. Is there no oversight to that department by, I don't know, the state of Texas, or are they just allowed to run their ship how they want, ethics be damned?
The running joke ( and sadly its the truth) is....if you want to commit a crime, Hunt County is the place to do it. Don't get me wrong...lots of good people here. Im even sure there are some within HCSO. But the criminal element is allowed to run amuck far too much for me to not believe that many in the court and LE community here probably have a hand in it. All MOO.

The standard for Presumption of Death in Texas is 7 years, as it is in many other states, if not all.
I know that in the Natalee Holloway case (Alabama) her father was able to have her declared deceased after 6 years due to "Lack of Proof of Life."
But again, that was 6 years. Mrs. Chambers started the procedure after one month and ten days. I agree with SaveTheQueen, after that short amount of time, with ONLY those Lack of Proof of Life facts, if I were the judge I would not have done it. But...I wasn't the judge.
I suspect the 'Good Ole Boy' system MAY have been at play here. Just my OPINION.
We have a Sheriff who is friends of the family in a small town, assisting the 'widow' and from what I remember reading earlier, he had to sign off on this in order for it to be done. If you study Hunt County law enforcement, you see they have a unconventional way of running their show. IN MY OPINION, this was just pushed through for reasons I can only speculate.

Surely the Texas Rangers could get involved in this case?

Thoughts...

This also bothers me. It seemed so odd at the time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My opinion....their inital 'spin' on this case was "Mr. chambers walked in on some meth head robbing him ( see...cash and phone are gone) and they were planning on waiting until the wife got home, take them for all they had. However, Mr. Chambers, kicking into protector mode suggested they could take him somewhere for whatever reason in order to have his wife avoid harm coming to her."
IMO they were probably fed this line by....well, just ask yourselves who would benefit from that theory being promoted and Im sure you can read between the lines enough to know where my suspicions lie.
I dont for one second think they ever counted on the publicity and interest in this case uncovering what it has so far. They assumed it would fade away like so many other cases have and remain unsolved.
Prime example...HCSO put up a billboard recently asking for leads in a cold case nearly decade old double murder. Got the date wrong and put pictures up that family says didn't resemble the victims in real life...their response...meh.

I think that you are close. But maybe the fall guy was the person Razz is pointing to as her suspect. And as I posted, I think the blood may be the key here. If my opinion that the blood is planted is correct, then the perp(s) would have had to return to the house after getting rid of MC.

I found it. I read everything but that one. She lists 5 reasons: the massive and numerous manhunts, no attempts to contact family via his phone; inability to contact him via phone and then the blood in the shop.

I read his will and if both he and BC were deceased, he laid out where everything was to go. The Mustang was to go to his son, John. (Does he have it?)(There were a lot of trucks and cars). JC was to receive a Chevy truck and laptop and property in Italy, TX. His other "old cars" were going to sons in law.

One of the sections was about if anyone filed against the Will, they
were to be revoked and taken off the will?! Yikes.

I found it. I read everything but that one. She lists 5 reasons: the massive and numerous manhunts, no attempts to contact family via his phone; inability to contact him via phone and then the blood in the shop.

I read his will and if both he and BC were deceased, he laid out where everything was to go. The Mustang was to go to his son, John. (Does he have it?)(There were a lot of trucks and cars). JC was to receive a Chevy truck and laptop and property in Italy, TX. His other "old cars" were going to sons in law.

I wonder if it is the same Mustang that got sold? Must be, hey? As I understand it, that was her car anyway, it would only have gone to the son if she died first. He had some pretty sweet cars!
Doesn't matter who he would have left anything to if she preceded him in death. He 'died' first so she got everything and doesn't have to abide by his wishes, though I hope she does, for the kids' sake. I think most of us would.
I've seen that language in wills before, if anyone contests, they're out completely. Although again, they are entitled to nothing now anyway, so it's a moot point.

IMO Maybe BC felt she had to rush to declare MC dead because her life might be in danger. MOO

I wonder if it is the same Mustang that got sold? Must be, hey? As I understand it, that was her car anyway, it would only have gone to the son if she died first. He had some pretty sweet cars!
Doesn't matter who he would have left anything to if she preceded him in death. He 'died' first so she got everything and doesn't have to abide by his wishes, though I hope she does, for the kids' sake. I think most of us would.
I've seen that language in wills before, if anyone contests, they're out completely. Although again, they are entitled to nothing now anyway, so it's a moot point.
I'm even more interested in the sale of the Mustang and why.

If I were one of his decendents, I'd be crushed if she sold a car I was going to get someday. But yes, it was hers.

Are all the cars in his garage/shop or does he have space leased somewhere?And if so, I wonder where that is.
And I'm sure it's been checked and all vehicles accounted for.

But I'd still like to think he took one of his cars/trucks and drove to Florida
and is living with a wealthy widow in The Villages. He'd truly be in car heaven there.

Surely the Texas Rangers could get involved in this case?

No. They are not. Unless or until it's deemed a criminal case, they won't be.

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

She sold the Mustang.

And 3 searches I personally would not call massive. Especially when one was only a couple of deputies.

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

There could be a great deal of expense in owning and competing with those cars esp. if you had to pay for storage.

According to this Texas statute, she 'could have been' ordered to do any of the following:

CITATION AND SEARCH. (a) If the fact of a person's death must be proved by circumstantial evidence under Section 454.002, at the request of any interested person, the court may order that a citation be issued to the person presumed dead and that the citation be served on the person by publication and posting and by additional methods as directed by the order.
(b) After letters testamentary or of administration are issued, the court may also direct:
(1) the personal representative to search for the person presumed dead by notifying law enforcement agencies and public welfare agencies in appropriate locations that the person has disappeared; and
(2) the applicant to engage the services of an investigative agency to search for the person presumed dead.
(c) The expense of a search or notice under this section shall be taxed to the estate as a cost and paid out of the estate property.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/ES/htm/ES.454.htm

We know that a PI was hired, but from the BPH page it was stated that he answers to the daughters. I never read anything about a published notice that I can remember. I wonder if any of these things were ordered, especially considering the speed in which this was all wrapped up.

Another interesting part in that statute is that the estate cannot be distributed for three years. That must not apply if it is all going to the spouse, right?

According to this Texas statute, she 'could have been' ordered to do any of the following:

CITATION AND SEARCH. (a) If the fact of a person's death must be proved by circumstantial evidence under Section 454.002, at the request of any interested person, the court may order that a citation be issued to the person presumed dead and that the citation be served on the person by publication and posting and by additional methods as directed by the order.
(b) After letters testamentary or of administration are issued, the court may also direct:
(1) the personal representative to search for the person presumed dead by notifying law enforcement agencies and public welfare agencies in appropriate locations that the person has disappeared; and
(2) the applicant to engage the services of an investigative agency to search for the person presumed dead.
(c) The expense of a search or notice under this section shall be taxed to the estate as a cost and paid out of the estate property.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/ES/htm/ES.454.htm

We know that a PI was hired, but from the BPH page it was stated that he answers to the daughters. I never read anything about a published notice that I can remember. I wonder if any of these things were ordered, especially considering the speed in which this was all wrapped up.

Another interesting part in that statute is that the estate cannot be distributed for three years. That must not apply if it is all going to the spouse, right?

"Another interesting part in that statute is that the estate cannot be distributed for three years. That must not apply if it is all going to the spouse, right?"

Could the word "distributed" also be defined as sold? Hence, she could not sell any of the cars or property for 3 years.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member