Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will become unfrozen once there is some new info. Don't take people's silence for disinterest. If new info presents itself, this thread will light up like a Christmas tree.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I apologize if my utterances were misconstrued. I did not mean to imply there is disinterest in the silence 'here.' I meant that the FBI, Texas Rangers, and HCSO, are appearing to do nothing 'there.' IMO their silence is allowing MC to just 'go away.'

I KNOW that we will not let this man go away. No way, No how!

Let's try it this way:

Pmerle, do you know if there were any weapons found in the shop? Do you know if any weapons were typically kept in the shop?

There was a weapon in the shop (by the door, not hidden). I don't know if it was a shotgun or a rifle of some type. When I saw it, I wasn't worried about noting the type and now I wish I had. It was a couple of feet from where the blood stopped. This was one of his guns, not a mystery gun. I do not know if he normally kept it there, I will try to find out.

<modsnip>

By the way, I am not seeing any firearms listed in the "Inventory, Appraisement and List of Claims" document filed in the probate case. Would they usually be listed (I would think so, and will try to confirm)? I believe PaPaw and BC owned guns as Pmerle said in the past all firearms were accounted for.

That's a good question. They have not been distributed, as far as I know, and I don't know why they would have been left out of the listing. I'm looking into this.

... If new info presents itself, this thread will light up like a Christmas tree.

The sentiment behind this is so heartwarming, Razz.

But then, at the same time, it's a reminder to me that the holidays are coming up. Papaw has already missed one of my sons' birthdays, another one is this month, then my daughter's in December... Christmas, Thanksgiving... I'm more heartbroken every day that draws nearer to those sentimental days, and I did not think it was POSSIBLE to be more heartbroken or stressed. </3

The petition to get the Texas Rangers involved in this case states that on, "The afternoon of August 25, 2017, law enforcement retrieved additional blood swabs from the floor of Mr. Chambers’ shop for processing at an independent lab." On thread 3 VI stated on 8-15-17 that the blood in the shop was cleaned up about a month ago. I'd add the post from thread 3 but I don't know how. So how did HCSO collect more blood samples if it's been cleaned up?

https://www.change.org/p/texas-rangers-company-b-bring-papaw-home-find-michael-chambers

The information in the petition was incorrect. The swabs obtained in August were control swabs from the floor of the shop, not of any blood. Good question, though.

Do we know for certain if there was any cash in the shop or if there was any money in his truck or a safe in the house?

I can't say for CERTAIN that there was cash missing out of his wallet, only that Papaw would TYPICALLY have "emergency money" in his wallet (similar to my husband) and there was none when his wallet was found.

I do not believe any cash was found in the shop. I can't say for certain whether there should have been cash in there or not.

There was cash in the truck in an envelope marked Groceries (or something similar).

I don't know about the safe question, I will try to find that out.

<modsnip>

It was becoming impossible for us to keep up with comments, subcomments, replies, etc. Hopefully this new "method" is enabling better conversations and is easier for people to follow. If not, please know that it is at LEAST helping the family keep up with things without getting frustrated with the platform (FB) and the way it behaves when we are trying to answer questions. <3

<modsnip>

So many scenarios are possible. I know that people don't want to seem to accept the fact that he *could* have walked away to a new life, but I guess that might be because his wife doesn't believe that. In her having him declared dead, she listed the reasons why. I still think suicide is a possible scenario but I know many won't believe that. The thing is, you never know what the true state of someone's mind is.
Some have suggested a robbery gone bad, but many don't think that true, because the lack of missing things and the fact that he is not found. Robberies gone bad usually end with the victim dead and present. Plus what robber locks up behind them, after taking nothing?

Kidnapping? No ransom request makes that unlikely.

A romantic rival? Possibly. Would someone kill him to be with his wife? It's happened before.

Walked off with amnesia? Could be. It's happened before.

One thing I always keep in mind is the saying, "When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras."
What is the most logical scenario, when you take into consideration all that we know?

If you're making a chart with all of the possibilities (that we can think of) and putting facts under each 'theory' which theory has the most points in its column?

We're still considering walk-off and suicide, but the are in the "unlikely but not 100% ruled out" category from my perspective.

If he walked away to a new life, my question is simple - where is he? From his history, we know he is not afraid of divorce. Also from his history, we know he values family and friends and those relationships and would maintain them even in a "new life." So what's the motive for him to change his MO?

If he committed suicide, my question is also simple - what steps did he take for his suicide to be so impossible to detect? No car service has been uncovered, we've canvased places that could have sold him a car and no one has. No weapons are missing. Searches returned nothing. And again, knowing how much he values his family, why would he do things like stage blood? Lock up? Turn off lights? Why was he so calm and normal on the Walmart tape? To me, from a logistical standpoint, this one doesn't make sense.

If it was a robbery - you're absolutely correct. Robbers aren't known to be polite, considerate people. That's laughable. Also, seemingly very little - if anything - was actually taken. If they cornered him in the shop they had access to at least one gun, car parts, tools, CARS, TRUCKS, many things of value. If they cornered him in his truck, why not take the truck or the cash? If they cornered him in the house, why not take anything - electronics, jewelry, guns? This one doesn't make sense. Unless they freaked out because they didn't think anyone was home, but then they had to have seen the truck.

The others I agree with you on, point by point.

I have too many puzzle pieces or too many different shapes, sizes, colors, patterns... for this puzzle and it's making me not know where to start even framing things.

The sentiment behind this is so heartwarming, Razz.

But then, at the same time, it's a reminder to me that the holidays are coming up. Papaw has already missed one of my sons' birthdays, another one is this month, then my daughter's in December... Christmas, Thanksgiving... I'm more heartbroken every day that draws nearer to those sentimental days, and I did not think it was POSSIBLE to be more heartbroken or stressed. </3
I am so sorry Pmerle00. Even though quiet, everyone is still here.

It seems to me his car buddies (not necessarily the ones nearby) know quite a bit about Pawpa. I would interview some of them to see if
maybe there was someone he would have hitched up with. <modsnip>

MOD NOTE:

The "Bring PaPaw Home" Facebook page is now OFF LIMITS.

Any reference to any post or comment from the FB page will be removed.

Continuing to reference any post or comment from the FB page may result in a loss of posting privileges.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Oh shoot. I'm sorry. I just responded to something about a comment on the BPH page before I got to this post in my scrolling. Should I remove it? If so, how do I remove it?

I am so sorry Pmerle00. Even though quiet, everyone is still here.

It seems to me his car buddies (not necessarily the ones nearby) know quite a bit about Pawpa. I would interview some of them to see if
maybe there was someone he would have hitched up with. <modsnip>

Thanks Razz. Many of them are in near constant contact with us. They've been so helpful and you can tell they truly care about Papaw.

When MC first disappeared, a lot of us in the area thought it was probably a case of him coming home unexpectedly and surprising would-be robbers in his shop. But then so many shot that theory down because nothing was stolen from the shop. Now I know that the theories, 6 months later, are WAY different and for some very good reasons.

However, does anyone here think it's possible that MC did arrive home and surprise 2 or 3 robbers before they ever even got a chance to take anything. And they hurt him, which was not part of their plan that day, then they had to hurry and do something with his body, (I'm sorry to even type that) so they took him with them and went back to the Dallas area or wherever they came from. (I just say Dallas because years ago our house was broken into and the police told us there were organized groups out of Dallas coming to rural areas to steal while people were at work.)

Does anyone here think this is still a possibility? Or has too much been uncovered that points to it being a planned and very personal crime?

But if Papaw came home and "caught" robbers... why take the time to put the Walmart purchases inside, throw away the receipt and then lock everything back up??

The information in the petition was incorrect. The swabs obtained in August were control swabs from the floor of the shop, not of any blood. Good question, though.
Thanks for coming back, Pmerle00. It’s been almost seven months, and I can hardly believe PaPaw hasn’t been found yet.

Just quickly: I’m sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what do you mean by “control swabs”?

Also, somewhat related: At first, it was my understanding that the shop was not Luminoled. But then, IIRC, we found out it was, but I really cannot remember for sure. Could you please confirm whether it was, and also if anything else was (e.g., PaPaw’s truck, house, any other vehicle, regardless of owner, etc.).

Sorry, I just thought of one more thing: Did you ever find out whether HCSO took a photo or video of the truck before they looked at it (the following Monday, IIRC)? Did they ever determine whether the driver's seat was pushed all the way up before they entered the vehicle? Or is it still their position that the seat could have been moved while they collected evidence (if they collected evidence, I suppose ...)?

As always, if you cannot answer any of the questions for any reason, I understand.

Been following since day 1 here and BPH. Has the family ever mentioned if BC has done anything with his clothing from home? I know about the truck, etc., but suddenly wondered today about his household belongings.

I am looking into this.

First you need to go to the police station in your area and file a FIR that your mobile phone is stolen. Then take the copy of this FIR and the IMEI number of your phone and contact the service provider of your phone. They will then help you track the mobile phone location.
Track & Block Lost / Stolen Mobile Phone Using IMEI Number - HackTrix
www.hacktrix.com/track-block-lost-stolen-mobile-phone-using-imei-number

Thank you! I have sent this as a question to the investigators to see if they have tried it yet.

Oh shoot. I'm sorry. I just responded to something about a comment on the BPH page before I got to this post in my scrolling. Should I remove it? If so, how do I remove it?
I think you are ok. I'm still here. My eyes got big seeing his thread being used this morning. I hate that we can't talk about much because it makes it go silent.

I don't think it as a walk off or suicide. No way. Mainly because there would be signs of him. I wish it was, but sadly I don't think so.

At this point, I think I would have just real talks to all of his friends. Like eat lunch type of talks. Did he ever complain about anyone. And if so,n what is that person's hobbies, hangouts, places they know. I have a feeling situational awareness will play a big part in this case--- meaning he is somewhere the person used to hunt or go when he was little, somewhere they know well. It won't just be random. I almost think it's time to stop asking why and start looking at where. The where of every person who could be involved. Too bad their can't be a GPS track of everyone we want on that day! Lol. Although..... Lots of times, Facebook posts a place. I woukd look at lots of people's posts from that day and see if they or Facebook gave an area they were in. I'm a little amazed someone hasn't blabbed info.

I'm not sure any of that is helpful. I just feel like maybe it's time for a brain shift since we didn't get where we need down the other road

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Pmerle, if you come back here I have a few questions you may be able to answer.
1.I know this may sound silly because in his description it says he's "balding", but did MC go to a barber? Did he have a regular barber or barber shop he frequented? (If men talk to barbers like women talk to their hairdressers, Im wondering if he may have mentioned anything that may be a clue...odd happenings around the house, a noticeable change in a family member or friend, or even an upcoming event he might attend or friend he might visit)?
2. Has anyone talked to BC's hairdresser?
3.Any lunch spots or coffee shops he frequented? Was he known to eat out a lot or did he mostly stick to eating at home?
4. Also had any service people recently had access to the house....a/c serviceman, plumber, electrician, roofer?
5. Did he mow his own yard or have it done?
6. Was there a house or shop alarm? Had anyone recently tried to sell them an alarm service? 7.Has anyone checked into meter readers and when they may have read the meters? Trash service and when they picked up?
My line of thinking with the latter questions is this...going on the theory this was either some type of 'hit', 'attempted kidnapping' or even 'robbery. Obviously with no signs of a struggle, and little to no evidence this, IMO, doesn't appear to be a case of someone walking into unfamiliar territory. So either someone knew his routine, mannerisms, and the lay of the land, shop and house because they had access to it all the time or they had somehow gained access previously so they weren't going in blind.
Just trying to think who may have access to your house, shop or property besides close friends and family.
All MOO.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

No barber that I know of, but will check.

I'm asking about Becca's hairdresser.

Mostly eats at home, I think, will verify.

Believe he mows his own grass, but also will verify.

Checking on the service calls questions.

If he committed suicide, my question is also simple - what steps did he take for his suicide to be so impossible to detect? No car service has been uncovered, we've canvased places that could have sold him a car and no one has. No weapons are missing. Searches returned nothing. And again, knowing how much he values his family, why would he do things like stage blood? Lock up? Turn off lights? Why was he so calm and normal on the Walmart tape? To me, from a logistical standpoint, this one doesn't make sense.

But if Papaw came home and "caught" robbers... why take the time to put the Walmart purchases inside, throw away the receipt and then lock everything back up??
RSABBM for focus.

Is the general consensus -whether from the family's perspective or LE- now that the blood was planted? How about the shop itself: Was it staged to look like a crime scene or as though PaPaw walked away on his own volition (either to start over or to harm himself - neither of which, by the way, I believe happened)? And if the shop was staged, could it be because the perp(s) wanted to take attention away from the real crime scene?

And as to the Walmart purchases: Is it still LE's (or the family's) opinion that it was PaPaw who went inside the house and placed the items in the bathroom and threw the receipt away?

Again, if you cannot answer, I understand 100%.

Thanks for coming back, Pmerle00. It&#8217;s been almost seven months, and I can hardly believe PaPaw hasn&#8217;t been found yet.

Just quickly: I&#8217;m sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what do you mean by &#8220;control swabs&#8221;?

Also, somewhat related: At first, it was my understanding that the shop was not Luminoled. But then, IIRC, we found out it was, but I really cannot remember for sure. Could you please confirm whether it was, and also if anything else was (e.g., PaPaw&#8217;s truck, house, any other vehicle, regardless of owner, etc.).

Sorry, I just thought of one more thing: Did you ever find out whether HCSO took a photo or video of the truck before they looked at it (the following Monday, IIRC)? Did they ever determine whether the driver's seat was pushed all the way up before they entered the vehicle? Or is it still their position that the seat could have been moved while they collected evidence (if they collected evidence, I suppose ...)?

As always, if you cannot answer any of the questions for any reason, I understand.

My understanding (and it is NOT an in-depth one!!!) is that they needed a swab of the concrete that hadn't been in contact with blood to see what was already on the floor and what (if anything) was "added" to the blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV