Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry ... just one more thing:

Was it just an ATV that was used in looking for PaPaw prior to HCSO's arrival? Or was there a golf cart also?

<modsnip>

We have pleaded with the media to cover the story. My sister and I did an interview with NBC just to get some "new faces" out there. We absolutely do not turn down any offer to air Papaw's story. But we also aren't willing to speak against the only law enforcement agency still working on Papaw's case.

I wonder if there is a way to check his phone records to see if he ever called a suicide help line? It IS a possibility, although not likely!

This is an excellent question. I will find out. Is there a list of numbers to check for somewhere?

I'd love to get some very general answers, such as, has the P.I. the family has hired made any progress at all in developing further leads, along with HCSO? I'm not even sure our VI could or would answer that with a simple yes or no, and but yes or no would give me some fresh energy. Especially a yes or a maybe :)

I'm sure they've discussed it amongst themselves, and perhaps even done it, but I'd also love it if they requested a family meeting with Sheriff Meeks and his investigators. I also can't fully understand why the Sheriff does not have a press conference with an update, even if they can't really divulge new info. I realize these kinds of press conferences often do not provide anything much, but at least it would regenerate some fresh coverage, which is needed at this time.

The PI is still working with HCSO. I don't know about "new leads," but it is my understanding (he mostly communicates with my mom, aunt and uncle) that he has been helpful in sharing information with the family on a regular basis.

We met with Sheriff Meeks in person at the Hunt County GOP breakfast recently and have requested a meeting with him and with the investigators. Still awaiting a response. I asked him about a press conference as well...

There have been several media sources that have reached out. That&#8217;s why we&#8217;re wondering about some of it.

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I know some have reached out, asked us to speak against HCSO and then said "no story" when we tell them we aren't willing to do that and pleaded with them to still air something - ANYTHING. But I hadn't heard about The Vanished being willing.

I know it's like beating a dead horse but was he actually SEEN with his wallet at Walmart? I only ask because my SO just came in with his license and cash and pulled it out of his pocket. He said the basketball shorts he was wearing sagged with the weight of his wallet, so he had to take them out and carry them loose in his pocket. Just a thought.... I'm sorry if its been answered a thousand times.

I have asked HCSO if they interviewed the clerk or asked about this kind of information. Waiting to hear back.

From Thread #1, Page #1.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Au...rance-Suspicious-415956233.html#ixzz4bE3QETF5

That's the heading for the page. Do we know if/when they stopped assisting? I'm assuming they did stop, or this would have been resolved by now. IMO of course. And you know what happens when you assume anything.....

So, Michael Chambers has frozen on Thread #4.

Seriously. How does this become unfrozen?!

HCSO says they keep the Tx Ranger in their office "informed."

RSABBM for focus.

Is the general consensus -whether from the family's perspective or LE- now that the blood was planted? How about the shop itself: Was it staged to look like a crime scene or as though PaPaw walked away on his own volition (either to start over or to harm himself - neither of which, by the way, I believe happened)? And if the shop was staged, could it be because the perp(s) wanted to take attention away from the real crime scene?

And as to the Walmart purchases: Is it still LE's (or the family's) opinion that it was PaPaw who went inside the house and placed the items in the bathroom and threw the receipt away?

Again, if you cannot answer, I understand 100%.

HCSO has not confirmed that they feel the blood is staged, that is my opinion only. I should have said that - apologies. I don't know LE's opinion on anything, I wish I did.

Ok, I think I answered everything that I could. If I missed something, please let me know. And don't ever take my silence to mean I am not coming back! I can't tell you how many times I open this site, start to go to Papaw's page and then... just... can't. <modsnip>, just to keep from getting too down about everything. Until we have answers and find Papaw, I will *always* be back here to answer what I can. It's just hard.

I know some have reached out, asked us to speak against HCSO and then said "no story" when we tell them we aren't willing to do that and pleaded with them to still air something - ANYTHING. But I hadn't heard about The Vanished being willing.

Yeah, you don’t need to be speaking out on that topic. That’s not the story. MC missing is the story.

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

HCSO has not confirmed that they feel the blood is staged, that is my opinion only. I should have said that - apologies. I don't know LE's opinion on anything, I wish I did.

Thanks for answering. Very much appreciate it.

I have always wondered -and for some time I have been of the opinion that the blood was planted and shop staged- how the blood would have been obtained, regardless of who planted it.

It sounds like to me that the blood was fresh when found, unless some sort of preservative was added to it (or would it still look fresh, if it was refrigerated?).

Had PaPaw been having his blood drawn or tested on a regular basis in the days or weeks leading up to his disappearance? I understand he has high blood pressure, but I don’t know if it’s common to have your blood tested regularly for that.

I feel like the lake keeps getting overlooked.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

More thoughts.... I know its hard to verify anything now after so much time has passed, but I'm just running through things that pop into my head. My pawpaw was a truck man, he didn't do much other than try to keep his running, but he worked on tractors, boats, etc also. He had probably six toolboxes but he had one specific one that he took with him when he went to do work offsite. Did MC have anything similar, maybe one smaller handheld toolbox that might have been misplaced, missing or in his truck bed? I'm just brainstorming here with the thought that maybe he was lured away from his work by someone requesting help with a vehicle, knowing that he would volunteer to assist in fixing it. Again, just my thoughts...

What a beautiful day for Papaw to be out tinkering on his cars with the grands/great-grands underfoot. I like to think that wherever he is, he's doing just that in his heart.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I hate to see this wonderful man on page 7. Thinking of pawpaw. Praying he is brought home soon.

I truly believe if Papaw were alive he would have contacted his children by now. Somehow. Only if he is being held agains his will would he not contact them and I don't think that is the case.

I truly believe if Papaw were alive he would have contacted his children by now. Somehow. Only if he is being held agains his will would he not contact them and I don't think that is the case.
I feel the same. I somehow can't justify that a man who ran into burning buildings for a living would fear addressing any aspect of his life or marriage that he could not handle and would instead walk away from it all.
However, I have recently entertained the thought that he may not have been the intended victim...meaning that what if someone came to the house that day in search of BC, not realizing that very day she returned to work? An angry wife? A scorned lover who was resentful his marriage was in the toilet? Or even a work relationship that had turned sour...Im sure that there were quite a few people out there not happy with her and her actions. Suppose they expected to find her there and instead happened upon him and when their intentions were clear he became an unintended victim?
I wonder if she could have been receiving threats? Is this why she may have sent him on mundane tasks? To get him away from home so the possible confrontation might be avoided? Is this why she thought the worst so quickly when she arrived home? Is this why she sought out neighbors to help her search...not just as witnesses but if someone was still around waiting on her there was safety in numbers? Is this what Meeks may have meant about him possibly protecting his wife?
Just more random thoughts that make me flip back and forth on my uncertainty of anything related to this case. The only thing Im certain of is that MC did not deserve this....and I do not believe this was a result of anything HE brought on himself.
All MOO.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Bumping for Papaw......When are you going to be found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84