Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went and rewatched the video. Meeks is definitely reading here (waving hello!).

I just cannot get over how defensive he is about people's comments. Its almost as though he thinks unless you defend him and his actions 1110% then you are anti-law enforcement. No....I can support LE and still think there are bad ones in the bunch. It isn't all or nothing... It seriously irritates me that he is practically playing the victim card. No one supports us, etc.

But back to MC. Meeks said he could get us the make/model of the bike. Has that happened yet? Why not? I would think it would be a quick thing to do. Atleast a color description and general idea of what it looked like. Whats the hold up? It should be as simple as looking at the official report and reading the description that was given to them.

Also? Why wouldnt he comment on whether or not BC took a poly? Would answering that hurt the investigation? I doubt it.

Google earth pics are not real time or in a lot of cases even recent. I can attest to that in that in the photo of my address, we have cars we owned 8 years ago...and no shop we built 3 years ago.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

The google maps image tells you when it was taken. I have thought of that myself. Thanks for the info! I thought it might be worth a try! Also, the satellite picture is usually more recent than the street image. They tend to be quite a bit older.

I’ve really been thinking about that. Or a golf cart. BC borrowed one from the neighbors the evening of the disappearance to ride around the property to supposedly look for MC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve been thinking about the borrowed golf cart as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sort of appears Meeks is not being truthful about several things. To call out a Sheriff on Facebook and call him a liar is pretty damning if you don't have the evidence to back it up.

You are the second person to have first hand evidence he has lied.
I fear that Klein has done himself and this case a disservice by publicly calling SM a liar and uneducated.
I also think it was irresponsible to publicly announce that BC had 3 boyfriends. It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence for her to talk to them and I can't help but think that SM will shut down all communication, too.
At this point, I'm afraid she may tell everyone to go sc-- themselves. She has already been vilified and she doesn't have a lot to lose. She's been interviewed by authorities and she has been cleared of any wrongdoing.

Klein making SM the enemy is the wrong way to handle this. And for
them to publically shame BC is unprofessional. I fear they may have blown it. Now, more time and money will need to be spent for Klein to flesh this all out.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

With how Meeks talked about the PI telling Suzy whatever she wants to hear, and how Klein needs to be googled, gets paid thousands of dollars etc, I think it’s fair to say Suzy is not on speaking terms with Meeks- that’s just my guess. I get the feeling Suzy doesn’t believe much of what Meeks has said to her or the public and she rather not deal with him at all if she doesn’t have too because she doesn’t believe he is going to give her any straight forward answers to bringing her Dad home. IMO!!!

I can bet talking to Meeks may like talking in circles and she probably knows it will exhaust her and lead no where- I mean, look how many times he repeated to Chris from Hunt County Theft Reports that he “needs to do his research on Kelin and he is anti law Enforcement” blah blah blah ....again... My opinion

I fear that Klein has done himself and this case a disservice by publicly calling SM a liar and uneducated.
I also think it was irresponsible to publicly announce that BC had 3 boyfriends. It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence for her to talk to them and I can't help but think that SM will shut down all communication, too.
At this point, I'm afraid she may tell everyone to go sc-- themselves. She has already been vilified and she doesn't have a lot to lose. She's been interviewed by authorities and she has been cleared of any wrongdoing.

them to publically shame BC is unprofessional. I fear they may have blown it. Now, more time and money will need to be spent for Klein to flesh this all out.

What about Meeks shaming Klein publicly ??!! Meeks brought up him being fired in a case- go read that case and you would see why Klein said what he said and why the family fired him- not fun paying for a PI when he puts you on blast because you are the suspect!!!!

And let’s be serious for a second- the fact is, BC has been asked 6 times for an interview- so after all these months, Klein is probably ready to state the facts to the public and that’s who has been willing to be forthcoming and who hasn’t!!! I like those facts. Those facts are important to this case! BC IS MC’s wife!!!!! She should be fighting harder than anyone to find her husband just for peace knowing he is home and have a proper service, burial whatever!

Pretty early on BC backed away and zipped her lips and went about her life so let’s not pretend for two seconds that Klein’s comments is going to make her not come forward and be helpful- she was never going to be anyways!

I went and rewatched the video. Meeks is definitely reading here (waving hello!).

I just cannot get over how defensive he is about people's comments. Its almost as though he thinks unless you defend him and his actions 1110% then you are anti-law enforcement. No....I can support LE and still think there are bad ones in the bunch. It isn't all or nothing... It seriously irritates me that he is practically playing the victim card. No one supports us, etc.

But back to MC. Meeks said he could get us the make/model of the bike. Has that happened yet? Why not? I would think it would be a quick thing to do. Atleast a color description and general idea of what it looked like. Whats the hold up? It should be as simple as looking at the official report and reading the description that was given to them.

Also? Why wouldnt he comment on whether or not BC took a poly? Would answering that hurt the investigation? I doubt it.

* waving Hello, also *
My question is why didn’t he have it readily available on the spot at the interview? And why didn’t he release the description when he gave his initial “This is a suicide with a bike” interview?

But wait.... it’s probably because there never was a bike. So there’s that.

How is any of it a disservice when Klein is speaking the truth?

Klein can’t afford to not be transparent. They have their integrity and jobs on the line. Meeks has nothing but decades of corruption, and a God complex.

Klein has solved hundreds of cases, and brought many, many missing persons home (deceased and alive, both). How many missing people has Meeks brought home?

I only see Klein’s statement as setting the record straight because we’re being fed you know what by Meeks. I don’t see where any excuses need to be made for the “good” Sheriff. Google him if you have any doubts on his sketchy dealings and questionable activities.

How is any of it a disservice when Klein is speaking the truth?

Klein can’t afford to not be transparent. They have their integrity and jobs on the line. Meeks has nothing but decades of corruption, and a God complex.

Klein has solved hundreds of cases, and brought many, many missing persons home (deceased and alive, both). How many missing people has Meeks brought home?

I only see Klein’s statement as setting the record straight because we’re being fed you know what by Meeks. I don’t see where any excuses need to be made for the “good” Sheriff. Google him if you have any doubts on his sketchy dealings and questionable activities.

And I really don’t think making enemies is on Klein’s “Things I Care About” list. They’re in this to find out what happened to a missing hero, not make coffee buddies.

It sort of appears Meeks is not being truthful about several things. To call out a Sheriff on Facebook and call him a liar is pretty damning if you don't have the evidence to back it up.

You are the second person to have first hand evidence he has lied.

I agree completely. I hope you won't mind if I jump off your post here to try to explain my stance a little better. ( Please don't misunderstand. Not implying yours, or anyone else's is any different, but just to clarify my own. )

There have to be good reasons for the P.I. to be making his accusations, and I think discussion of the known ones is not a problem.

The reason though why I, myself want to be very careful in my wording is not to go beyond that. I don't want to be implying anything of anyone that I don't believe can be backed up at this time.

There really can be alternate explanations for behavior that may appear to have a sinister motive.

Not saying I don't have my suspicions about what has happened to PaPaw. But I'm confident the truth will come to light.

I'm heartened by the fact that so many people in that community, and here in 'our' own as well, are not allowing PaPaw to fade away. He's being kept front and center.

This case is no longer a 'case' to me. Because of his family, I feel like I know him and marvel at what a wonderful man he was!

Listening to the video where his grandchild 'interviews' him brings tears to my eyes. Just to hear his cheerful and funny replies. So heartwarming. He and his family did not deserve this!

Just want to say a big thank you to people everywhere who are speaking up for PaPaw...

JMO

With how Meeks talked about the PI telling Suzy whatever she wants to hear, and how Klein needs to be googled, gets paid thousands of dollars etc, I think it’s fair to say Suzy is not on speaking terms with Meeks- that’s just my guess. I get the feeling Suzy doesn’t believe much of what Meeks has said to her or the public and she rather not deal with him at all if she doesn’t have too because she doesn’t believe he is going to give her any straight forward answers to bringing her Dad home. IMO!!!

I can bet talking to Meeks may like talking in circles and she probably knows it will exhaust her and lead no where- I mean, look how many times he repeated to Chris from Hunt County Theft Reports that he “needs to do his research on Kelin and he is anti law Enforcement” blah blah blah ....again... My opinion
My opinion on the local sheriff...1. He comes up with a "theory" of the crime and will not budge, and said "theory" is whatever is most convenient for HIM. 2. If family questions him on it or disagrees, he quickly turns it into a smear campaign against them...puts the responsibility of HIS job off on them "THEY didnt do xyz" ...3. Any community member who speaks out against him is anti-law enforcement. 4. He will duck family, media and community when the heat is on. 5. He accuses anyone else working the case of not having "facts" when in turn he presented NO facts himself. Why didnt he already KNOW a description of said bike....could it be because there WASN'T one?
This is not the first case I have seen him act this way on....its pretty much standard for him. I am most definitely NOT anti-law enforcement...I have LE in my own family. But I do not follow anyone or anything blindly. The sheriff tends to forget he is an elected official...yet, all the "outraged" people in the county had no one else to vote for in the last election. A very scary reality when you have a shady sheriff who is prone to using media to smear people and no one living here wants to (or can find any power in) standing up to him....a reason I believe the antiquated'sheriff' form of LE needs to be revamped. But that's another topic altogether.

I don't think Klein was calling Meeks uneducated. I think he meant he did not educate himself with the fact in the interview.

I am trying to keep an open mind about what could have happened to MC.

The part about BC having three boyfriends doesn't really bother me. If you do the crime you should do the time. Affairs are almost always found out. If you don't want anyone to know about them then get a D-I-V-O-R-C-E and leave. Affairs hurt everyone involved. Spouse, children, grandchildren and friends. But they continue to happen all of the time. I feel for her that it is being played out on social media, but that is what happens when you are dishonest and get caught.

When you aren't doing anything wrong, you shouldn't have to defend yourself all the time. It appears Meeks lied about the divers and the left over bridge. He has not come forward with a description of the bicycle. He has lied about the PI not sharing information. I don't see the PI lying about anything. I have family in LE. I support LE wholeheartedly. There are too many people who are locals who don't support Meeks. I think he has a lot to answer to. He should not have spoken harshly about the PI and Suzy I feel. It doesn't endear him to the public at all.

You may be correct that the PI has done a disservice, but I bet he will get better co-operation from the general public than Sheriff Meeks when it come to finding MC.

My personal opinion is he was harmed by someone, but I will agree some of the evidence suggests he left of his own accord. I hope someone gets to the truth soon.

I agree completely. I hope you won't mind if I jump off your post here to try to explain my stance a little better. ( Please don't misunderstand. Not implying yours, or anyone else's is any different, but just to clarify my own. )

There has to be good reasons for the P.I. to be making his accusations, and I think discussion of the known ones is not a problem.

The reason though why I, myself want to be very careful in my wording is not to go beyond that. I don't want to be implying anything of anyone that I don't believe can be backed up at this time.

There really can be alternate explanations for behavior that may appear to have a sinister motive.

Not saying I don't have my suspicions about what has happened to PaPaw. But I'm confident the truth will come to light.

I'm heartened by the fact that so many people in that community, and here in 'our' own as well, are not allowing PaPaw to fade away. He's being kept front and center.

This case is no longer a 'case' to me. Because of his family, I feel like I know him and marvel at what a wonderful man he was!

Listening to the video where his grandchild 'interviews' him brings tears to my eyes. Just to hear his cheerful and funny replies. So heartwarming. He and his family did not deserve this!

Just want to say a big thank you to people everywhere who are speaking up for PaPaw...

JMO

I agree with you completely!

* waving Hello, also *
My question is why didn’t he have it readily available on the spot at the interview? And why didn’t he release the description when he gave his initial “This is a suicide with a bike” interview?

But wait.... it’s probably because there never was a bike. So there’s that.

Right. He wanted Chris to name 5 people on the spot or else it wasn’t ‘facts’, but he came to an interview to specifically talk about his bike theory, but had no description of the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I respectfully disagree. Being from this county, and hearing what people are saying, had Klein simply "let this go" without addressing these points directly, this case would be essentially dead and here is why:
1. People in this county have a real and legitimate fear of the HCSO. People that attempt to speak up are very often "targets" when what they speak up about does not align with the sheriff.
2. The local media has a history if being very pro-sheriff. It was Dallas MSM (not Hunt County) that called RM out on corruption before and broke those stories. Local media was hesitant to even speak up on it.
3. By Klein actually going on record to respond to RM comments, and even point out the untruths, they have actually gained trust of the locals. Before this, they were simply some hidden, undercover, silent firm the daughter hired to investigate. Locals had the very VOICED expectation that they would just end up confirming or going along with whatever HCSO put out there. Their "bucking the system" so to speak has not only gained them some hard earned respect of the locals, but also trust...which may lead to the local chatter of people who possibly know things but wouldn't speak to HCSO out of fear, turning into valid tips for Klein to persue and this case to be resolved.
Genius on Klein's part if you ask me. All MOO.

I respectfully disagree. Being from this county, and hearing what people are saying, had Klein simply "let this go" without addressing these points directly, this case would be essentially dead and here is why:
1. People in this county have a real and legitimate fear of the HCSO. People that attempt to speak up are very often "targets" when what they speak up about does not align with the sheriff.
2. The local media has a history if being very pro-sheriff. It was Dallas MSM (not Hunt County) that called RM out on corruption before and broke those stories. Local media was hesitant to even speak up on it.
3. By Klein actually going on record to respond to RM comments, and even point out the untruths, they have actually gained trust of the locals. Before this, they were simply some hidden, undercover, silent firm the daughter hired to investigate. Locals had the very VOICED expectation that they would just end up confirming or going along with whatever HCSO put out there. Their "bucking the system" so to speak has not only gained them some hard earned respect of the locals, but also trust...which may lead to the local chatter of people who possibly know things but wouldn't speak to HCSO out of fear, turning into valid tips for Klein to persue and this case to be resolved.

Totally agree! Great post!

Thank you Txteacher for this thoughtful post. Everyone who posts here wants MC to be found and I think we all respect each others opinions. I work with a lady who was raised here and she says it has always been a "good old boys" environment and crooked. It's hard to believe some of that still goes on in this day and time of such transparency expected by LE, but locals do seem to imply that is the case with Sheriff Meeks.

I don't think Klein was calling Meeks uneducated. I think he meant he did not educate himself with the fact in the interview.

I am trying to keep an open mind about what could have happened to MC.

The part about BC having three boyfriends doesn't really bother me. If you do the crime you should do the time. Affairs are almost always found out. If you don't want anyone to know about them then get a D-I-V-O-R-C-E and leave. Affairs hurt everyone involved. Spouse, children, grandchildren and friends. But they continue to happen all of the time. I feel for her that it is being played out on social media, but that is what happens when you are dishonest and get caught.

When you aren't doing anything wrong, you shouldn't have to defend yourself all the time. It appears Meeks lied about the divers and the left over bridge. He has not come forward with a description of the bicycle. He has lied about the PI not sharing information. I don't see the PI lying about anything. I have family in LE. I support LE wholeheartedly. There are too many people who are locals who don't support Meeks. I think he has a lot to answer to. He should not have spoken harshly about the PI and Suzy I feel. It doesn't endear him to the public at all.

You may be correct that the PI has done a disservice, but I bet he will get better co-operation from the general public than Sheriff Meeks when it come to finding MC.

My personal opinion is he was harmed by someone, but I will agree some of the evidence suggests he left of his own accord. I hope someone gets to the truth soon.
I saw the reference about the uneducated remark but Klein's
implication was clear. It was a jab and all those who think SM is the bad guy are doing flips and cartwheels. I love to jab too, but not when things are this serious.

As far as BC staying quiet. Maybe she doesn't feel the need to justify any remarks. Maybe she doesn't want to talk about MC because it would bring further disgrace on the family and
MC's image. As far as divorce goes, it would have worked just fine for BC.
On the other hand, MC would probably have to give up his garage and his house. In other words, he would have been devastated, financially and emotionally.

MC strikes me as a very sensitive man
and a very private one too. IMO, talking about issues he was having with BC were best kept between the two of them, not airing "dirty" laundry to his
family or anyone else for that matter. So I don't think him being depressed is out of the realm of possibility. In fact,
I would be shocked if he wasn't.

I would like MC to be found. But I feel people need to quell their anger for a bit and work in cooperation with SM
or hire their own searchers and/or
divers.

Right now there are two unfortunate, adversarial sides. He was murdered or he committed suicide.
In SM's investigation, he has said there is no evidence of wrongdoing. And according to him, other sheriff agencies have said the same thing.
Perhaps it's time for the other agencies to speak out. But honestly....I don't think the family or part of the public will be satisfied with anything but murder.

So I am hoping that Klein & Co. will continue to to their due diligence and leave the bashing and one upmanship to others.

Your measured and well articulated response is how things need to be said.
You didn't need to rely on jabs or outright accusations. Because of what you said and how you said it makes people sit up and listen.

I think Klein & Co. would do well to follow your lead.

But I respectfully disagree with you on the way Klein handled it.

So it’s OK for RM to lie about the case, any evidence, and the Chambers family, but it’s not OK for Klein to state the hard facts, and set it straight on what’s really going on? Hmm. Maybe consider how the Chambers family feels about what’s being said about that here, and how it’s affecting them. They read here constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member