Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand it. Too hard to let this go.

Meeks said that the bridge was still under construction at the time. Cranes were still erected. I'd be interested to know if there was a place he could have gone off the bridge without doing so purposely. Maybe someone who lives there can say?

I don't think biking 10 miles would be that difficult. But that's just my opinion.
It is odd that no one has mentioned seeing a man cycling along the road.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

No way to 'accidentally' go off 2 mile bridge. Guardrails all the way. No curvy road before or after it. And last summer we were in a drought....the water wasn't terribly deep around the bridge.

I have a hard time buying a 70 year old man would find the need to bike 17 miles away from home...through Quinlan proper, (people around these parts may pull over for a tractor but I would venture to say they aren't as friendly to bikes) with bad knees. The ride alone would make him feel like he was dying. And no one has ever reported seeing him on a bike.

We get reports of people going through Quinlan all the time...and by reports I mean they call the law and complain....people on lawn mowers, one time a lady in an electric wheelchair. Have even seen a report of person on horseback. The road is a simple oil top 2 lane road. With hardly a shoulder. So if you are on the road you back up traffic and irritate people. A 6ft 3 in. tall man in a DFD hat and shirt on a bike would have drawn attention. Not to mention he would have passed the Sheriff substation. I don't know where he was, but my gut tells me it wasnt on a bike or on 2 mile bridge.

The lake was accessible VERY close to his house , and the path is concealed by woods. I can buy the theory he was taken through the woods to a waiting boat and transported somewhere for some horrible purpose. jMO.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

No way to 'accidentally' go off 2 mile bridge. Guardrails all the way. No curvy road before or after it. And last summer we were in a drought....the water wasn't terribly deep around the bridge.

I have a hard time buying a 70 year old man would find the need to bike 17 miles away from home...through Quinlan proper, (people around these parts may pull over for a tractor but I would venture to say they aren't as friendly to bikes) with bad knees. The ride alone would make him feel like he was dying. And no one has ever reported seeing him on a bike.

We get reports of people going through Quinlan all the time...and by reports I mean they call the law and complain....people on lawn mowers, one time a lady in an electric wheelchair. Have even seen a report of person on horseback. The road is a simple oil top 2 lane road. With hardly a shoulder. So if you are on the road you back up traffic and irritate people. A 6ft 3 in. tall man in a DFD hat and shirt on a bike would have drawn attention. Not to mention he would have passed the Sheriff substation. I don't know where he was, but my gut tells me it wasnt on a bike or on 2 mile bridge.

The lake was accessible VERY close to his house , and the path is concealed by woods. I can buy the theory he was taken through the woods to a waiting boat and transported somewhere for some horrible purpose. jMO.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

As the crow flies, it was a much shorter distance to the lake from the house. So why would the guy have needed to ride all that on a bike? And now the PI, who has much more integrity, ethics, and transparency compared to the guy in charge of the local law enforcement, says that there’s no bike. Locals say he never had a bike, and they never saw either of them on a bike. It’s already been researched by several of us here about the bike speeds, etc, stated by RM, which were laughable when compared to reality. So seems like the bike theory is BS all around. NEXT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just started following this case. The bike....am I reading right they think a 70 year old man with knee problems rode 17 miles? Is that correct?

I’m middle age, fairly healthy, not a workout buff but we are pretty active. When weather permits (which isn’t often in OK), we like to take our bikes to a local campground and ride. I can tell you, 4-5 miles and I’m exhausted! It’s not a super hard ride either. I cannot anywhere imagine a 70-year old with knee problems riding far at all....(unless he did it often which I don’t get the feeling he did).

I have to more believe his phone took a ride...either with his body, or with someone who had it taking it to dispose of....

IMO, anything I say is JMO
—————————————-
RIP Lisa Harvey ❤️ http://www.news-ridgecrest.com/news/story.pl?id=0000007796

I can't stand it. Too hard to let this go.

Investigators may have said what they said about the bike in order to get BC
to talk. Perhaps she bought the bike for him as a gift and no one knew about it. Maybe he wasn't thrilled and he hung it up on the wall in his garage and never took it down.

Meeks said that the bridge was still under construction at the time. Cranes were still erected. I'd be interested to know if there was a place he could have gone off the bridge without doing so purposely. Maybe someone who lives there can say?

He also said he stopped at the top of a hill which makes sense. MC may have been out of breath going up the hill and needed to stop to catch his breath.

I don't think biking 10 miles would be that difficult. But that's just my opinion.
It is odd that no one has mentioned seeing a man cycling along the road.

I keep thinking about that garage they built and how they must have been slightly out of their minds. $180,000.00 is a lot of money. They were probably going to have to rely on her paycheck to help pay it off by 2028.

By all accounts, she loved her job. But I wonder if this garage was a sour turning point in their marriage. How do you retire and have fun with that loan hanging over your head?

My husband would like a Tesla when he retires. Well, he ain't getting it. Our financial planners put a kabosh on that.
We have done well during our working lives, probably better than most. But to think of borrowing $180,000 for a hobby is mind boggling to me.

What was she going to get from this loan? Maybe her husband's happiness, maybe to keep him busy while she was at work. Another 10 years of hard work.

It sounds as though he traveled locally to car shows. Would I have gone along?! No thanks; have fun honey and good luck! See you when you get back.

Traveling with her friends may have been her only "fun" outlet. But one big problem in my mind is/was the booze, and perhaps the need to feel she was still attractive to the opposite sex.

Who knows? I can see this so clearly
in my own mind but I may be way off.
No marriage is safe from outside distractions. And it doesn't matter if
you've been married 10 years or 40.

Sorry, didn't mean to get preachy.
I think BC will need to speak and produce documentation about the bike. If there was a bike.

This isn't going to end well for any of the family. I see animosity and anger lingering well after all is said and done.

Now....if they were able to find a phone at the bottom of a lake for evidence in the other case, they can certainly find a bike and MC's phone.

Thank you Razz, for staying with us here. See, I told you we needed your input!

You've brought up so many good points, and I agree with many of them. But here's where we differ. You lean toward believing that he did have a bike. Likely a gift from BC. So, since he might not have been wild about it, he probably hung it up on the wall of his garage.

That's not a bad assumption either, if one truly believes he did have a bike.

Now, here's where my cynicism arises big time. I don't think he had a bike. I don't think he ever had a bike.

I believe the P.I. is getting that information directly from the rest of his family, some of whom I believe had surely been inside that garage prior to him missing. They would have noticed a bike hanging on a wall.

Many of these new allegations from the sheriff sound too pat, too convenient. As if some people put their heads together to try to come up with some believable explanations that just might fly.

If there had been a bike, gift or otherwise, why wouldn't BC want to do everything she could to convince the P.I. that PaPaw did own it? Isn't that what you or I would do if we were in her shoes?

The fact that she's refusing ( six times too! ) to talk to the P.I. makes me really doubt if there ever was a bike.

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But once their actions don't pass the smell test with me, I tend not to believe anything else they say or do. Maybe that's not fair of me, but it's the way I'm wired.

Plus, I can't help but wonder, why won't BC talk to the P.I.?

It's not like talking to LE, where anything you say could be twisted and used against you, is it?

I do like the way you bring up the possible stressors in that marriage, and the likely consequences. I agree with your assessment on them. ( In your past posts as well. )

But I just don't think PaPaw would ever go off and kill himself.

I've been reviewing the first thread of this case. The VI, Pmerle00, was quite adamant in her belief that he would never do that knowing the pain it would cause all those who loved him so dearly.

I believe her. I know it's her opinion. I worked with the mentally ill on a hospital psychiatric unit for 15 years. I know how suicidal people can easily fool the ones they love.

But I do not get a suicide vibe from PaPaw at all. Doesn't mean I'm right. But that is my gut feeling.

Some of the main players who are wanting us to believe he killed himself are not passing that smell test in my opinion.

That, Razz is the reason I am not on the same wave length. But these are just my thoughts.

Your opinions have value, and whether we agree or not, I hope you will keep posting them.

You're smart and intuitive. You keep me thinking...

JMO

I just started following this case. The bike....am I reading right they think a 70 year old man with knee problems rode 17 miles? Is that correct?

I’m middle age, fairly healthy, not a workout buff but we are pretty active. When weather permits (which isn’t often in OK), we like to take our bikes to a local campground and ride. I can tell you, 4-5 miles and I’m exhausted! It’s not a super hard ride either. I cannot anywhere imagine a 70-year old with knee problems riding far at all....(unless he did it often which I don’t get the feeling he did).

I have to more believe his phone took a ride...either with his body, or with someone who had it taking it to dispose of....

—————————————-

Thanks for posting. Glad you joined us! We've been kicking our theories around for months.

Pull up a chair. New faces are always welcome!

—————————————-

Welcome! Thanks for joining us!

Thank you Razz, for staying with us here. See, I told you we needed your input!

You've brought up so many good points, and I agree with many of them. But here's where we differ. You lean toward believing that he did have a bike. Likely a gift from BC. So, since he might not have been wild about it, he probably hung it up on the wall of his garage.

That's not a bad assumption either, if one truly believes he did have a bike.

Now, here's where my cynicism arises big time. I don't think he had a bike. I don't think he ever had a bike.

I believe the P.I. is getting that information directly from the rest of his family, some of whom I believe had surely been inside that garage prior to him missing. They would have noticed a bike hanging on a wall.

Many of these new allegations from the sheriff sound too pat, too convenient. As if some people put their heads together to try to come up with some believable explanations that just might fly.

If there had been a bike, gift or otherwise, why wouldn't BC want to do everything she could to convince the P.I. that PaPaw did own it? Isn't that what you or I would do if we were in her shoes?

The fact that she's refusing ( six times too! ) to talk to the P.I. makes me really doubt if there ever was a bike.

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But once their actions don't pass the smell test with me, I tend not to believe anything else they say or do. Maybe that's not fair of me, but it's the way I'm wired.

Plus, I can't help but wonder, why won't BC talk to the P.I.?

It's not like talking to LE, where anything you say could be twisted and used against you, is it?

I do like the way you bring up the possible stressors in that marriage, and the likely consequences. I agree with your assessment on them. ( In your past posts as well. )

But I just don't think PaPaw would ever go off and kill himself.

I've been reviewing the first thread of this case. The VI, Pmerle00, was quite adamant in her belief that he would never do that knowing the pain it would cause all those who loved him so dearly.

I believe her. I know it's her opinion. I worked with the mentally ill on a hospital psychiatric unit for 15 years. I know how suicidal people can easily fool the ones they love.

But I do not get a suicide vibe from PaPaw at all. Doesn't mean I'm right. But that is my gut feeling.

Some of the main players who are wanting us to believe he killed himself are not passing that smell test in my opinion.

That, Razz is the reason I am not on the same wave length. But these are just my thoughts.

Your opinions have value, and whether we agree or not, I hope you will keep posting them.

You're smart and intuitive. You keep me thinking...

JMO
The private investigators were very firm in their assertion that they don't believe
MC ever had a bike. And didn't this assertion just come up? I feel that she almost needs to say something now.

"Yes, he had a bike. I bought it for him on ? and I bought it at ? You can check with the bike store. They can verify my claim."

Meeks said so much. If he's lying (and I sometimes think he's not well informed or that he doesn't remember things well) then the phone investigation and the divers and the presentations in front of 2 different case squads could easily say he's full of it. I believe they would come forward.

There doesn't seem to me that there's been a lack of searching for him. Helicopters, dogs, searchers on 3 different occasions in the beginning. And now to hear that he had divers in the water twice underneath the bridge.
That's a lot of money to expend for a ruse.

Why not just keep quiet (Meeks)or are you thinking that he had to come up with something because the investigators were beginning to put pressure on him to say something?

In one of my posts the other day I mentioned and referenced the dogs
hitting on a spot 500 yards w/in the house. I then asked if the scent would disappear once he got on the bike. It shocked me that he parroted almost the same thing. Or maybe it was because we were both seeing the same thing and it made sense. Almost made me think he reads here. But I highly doubt it. He doesn't even check the "drop box" the private investigators set up for him. I think he lets his mouth get out in front of himself.

Well, the divers need to go down again
no matter what and I hope it's soon. I also hope BC will speak up about the bike.

The private investigators were very firm in their assertion that they don't believe
MC ever had a bike. And didn't this assertion just come up? I feel that she almost needs to say something now.

"Yes, he had a bike. I bought it for him on ? and I bought it at ? You can check with the bike store. They can verify my claim."

Meeks said so much. If he's lying (and I sometimes think he's not well informed or that he doesn't remember things well) then the phone investigation and the divers and the presentations in front of 2 different case squads could easily say he's full of it. I believe they would come forward.

There doesn't seem to me that there's been a lack of searching for him. Helicopters, dogs, searchers on 3 different occasions in the beginning. And now to hear that he had divers in the water twice underneath the bridge.

Why not just keep quiet (Meeks)or are you thinking that he had to come up with something because the investigators were beginning to put pressure on him to say something?

hitting on a spot 500 yards w/in the house. I then asked if the scent would disappear once he got on the bike. It shocked me that he parroted almost the same thing. Or maybe it was because we were both seeing the same thing and it made sense. Almost made me think he reads here. But I highly doubt it. He doesn't even check the "drop box" the private investigators set up for him. I think he lets his mouth get out in front of himself.

no matter what and I hope it's soon. I also hope BC will speak up about the bike.

I completely agree - if BC bought him a bike, she needs to speak up. What was the occasion? What did it look like? Did the grandkids ride it (I know they are small and probably didnt...just thinking hypothetically). MC was in the garage with Suzy's husband (I BELIEVE I am right with which son-in-law it is) - wouldn't they remember if there was a bike? My husband is much like MC - always has a car he is working on - and he would notice if a spark plug was missing off the shelf and would know if a bike was having there.

Re: Meeks spending money looking for MC. It isn't like Meeks is spending his own personal money to search for him. The county and state (maybe?) are out some money, but it isn't costing Meeks a dime. For all we know, Meeks is looking for MC in places he knows he wont find anything. He could be 'searching' just for appearances sake. If I was a sheriff of questionable integrity and had an idea that someone I cared about could be involved in a murder/kidnapping I probably wouldn't look in any place that I had a reasonable suspicion of finding a body. Just my opinion....

I don't have to post now, Razz, because you said everything I was just about too, lol!

Another possibility is that one of the sons may have had a bike and it was stored at Papaw's shop for years. Or another relative's, even a friend. I have a bike in our barn that's been there for years, and no one hardly ever rides it. One day I had a sudden desire to hop on, so I did. If another family member DID have a bike that was left there, pretty sure they would have told Klein, though, so...

I've been considering the boat theory, but again, it was in broad daylight and it would be rather difficult to load a 6'3" man into a boat ( from a car or truck) without anyone noticing a thing, unless there definitely is a very, very secluded place to back a boat trailer in and off load. MC's phone seems to definitely have traveled relatively slowly from his home to the bridge, with one stop, and there are very limited means by which that could happen. I rule out that his phone traveled by vehicle, and most everyone here is ruling out travel by bike. Someone walking is a possibility, but I doubt that, too.

How fast do 4wheelers go? Would that be a possibitly with the speed we know?

How fast do 4wheelers go? Would that be a possibitly with the speed we know?

I’ve really been thinking about that. Or a golf cart. BC borrowed one from the neighbors the evening of the disappearance to ride around the property to supposedly look for MC.

Geez, so which is it? Do we believe an article that was written before this excuse was necessary, or did something fall through with the man getting the remnants of the old bridge?

"Policy states that all parts of the old bridge must be removed from the lake, so as it is dismantled much like the way it was built — one beam and column at a time — they are hauled and unloaded on his property off FM 513, a couple of miles north of East Tawakoni in Hunt County."

So, was policy not followed, after all? (Would not surprise me.)

I’m semi local. 13 miles away from the Chambers residence. The old bridge was removed and given to a man in Lone Oak. The mans property backs up to my dads ranch. All the old bridge is stacked up on the mans property, and very visible out my dads back gate. Meeks was not being truthful about the remnants of the old 2 mile bridge.

I'm wondering if there was a back way to get to the bridge on foot. "The way the crow flies" kind of thing.

No, there is not. One way in, one way out

I’m semi local. 13 miles away from the Chambers residence. The old bridge was removed and given to a man in Lone Oak. The mans property backs up to my dads ranch. All the old bridge is stacked up on the mans property, and very visible out my dads back gate. Meeks was not being truthful about the remnants of the old 2 mile bridge.

Thank you for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members