Found Deceased TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She’d end up like the others who turned on CM. In a shallow grave somewhere.
I hope that for her unborn baby’s sake, she puts him/her up for adoption. So CM can never have any influence on another child.
CM wasn’t afraid of flying. He refused to get a vaccination necessary for flying. Just more manipulation.
MOO
Yeah he refused the TB shot necessary for flying.

The very thought that CM could have been released for a technicality is so disturbing to me!!

Am I missing something? Is that something that has been in the news? Could you point me to that. please? I have been searching and unable to find anything about that. Thank you!

Am I missing something? Is that something that has been in the news? Could you point me to that. please? I have been searching and unable to find anything about that. Thank you!
For reasons Cruz said he didn’t know, the time for that to occur was drawing to a close and Marks wasn’t back in Texas.

A prisoner must be picked up by the state demanding extradition within 30 days from the time of arrest or the prisoner must be released, according to U.S. extradition law.

Marks was arrested Jan. 8 in Michigan, so that was the date that determined when he had to be picked up. [bbm]

Technicality I referred to was U.S. extradition law quoted above from article posted up thread by @YESorNO . Here's the link again....

Transportation plan for Cedric Marks discussed, investigation into escape continues

No access here in Europe - could someone give a 10% synopsis on this please?

TIA! :)

The transportation for capital murder suspect Cedric Marks, arranged by the Bell County Sheriff’s Department, initially called for U.S. Marshals to bring him from a Michigan jail back to Bell County. the time for that to occur was drawing to a close and Marks wasn’t back in Texas.

A prisoner must be picked up by the state demanding extradition within 30 days from the time of arrest or the prisoner must be released. Marks was arrested Jan. 8 in Michigan, so that was the date that determined when he had to be picked up.

The company that typically billed Bell County $1 per mile for out-of-state prisoner transports should have been able to safely handle any prisoner.

After Texas Prisoner Transportation Services failed to safely deliver Marks to Bell County, the company didn’t bill Bell County for the bungled transport during which Marks escaped the custody of the two guards on Feb. 3 in Conroe.

Bell County deputies and members of the U.S. Marshals Lone Star Task Force traveled to Conroe to pick up and transport Marks after his 9-hour stint of freedom — mostly believed to be spent in a 55-gallon trash car in a man’s backyard.

Texas Prisoner Transportation Services closed its doors Feb. 10, claiming new insurance prices became prohibitive.

more....

Maya Maxwell, Marks’ girlfriend, is in the Bell County Jail charged with tampering with or fabricating evidence, a third-degree felony. Her bond remained Friday at $500,000.

Maxwell admitted in an arrest affidavit she took Swearingin’s car and drove it to Austin to hide it, was in the house with Marks when he reportedly killed Swearingin and Scott, drove with him to Oklahoma and was there when the bodies were buried.

Scott and Swearingin were alive when taken to a Killeen residence. Maxwell admitted she was present both before and after the deaths of Scott and Swearingin, during the bodies’ transport to Oklahoma and during the burial.

The Telegram asked a Bell County District Attorney why Maxwell wasn’t charged with the murders. “As to the question concerning Maya Maxwell, at this time we are awaiting the completion of the investigation and the receipt of all information for all involved agencies. As this case is continuing to be investigated, we are limited in what information we can provide.”

and ....

Marks’ wife, Army Staff Sgt. Ginell McDonough, was in the Muskegon County Jail in Michigan because she allegedly obstructed justice by harboring a fugitive — her husband. Maxwell also was hiding out in McDonough’s Michigan home. McDonough hasn’t been charged yet with a crime in Texas, and she was released from the Michigan jail after her bond was decreased from $75,000 to $10,000.

animated-thanks-smiley-emoticon.gif
JerseyGirl!! Much appreciated!

edited to add - oh - did the article have a # for the district court?? :)

I thought CM lived in Fort Hood. Did he also have a home in Killeen?

Killeen is a city in Texas. Fort Hood is a military base located in Killeen.

Thanks... I guess my confusion is that articles say that MS and JS were killed at a Killeen residence. Is that a separate location from his Fort Hood address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member