Found Deceased TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MMA fighter Cedric Marks formally charged with capital murder and burglary

Mar 18, 2019

"Veteran MMA fighter Cedric Marks, 44, was formally charged with burglary of a habitation with intent to commit other felony/s last Wednesday in Temple, TX. (per KCENTV). Marks was re-arrested — after he escaped a police van — last month under suspicion of multiple homicides.

Last week’s indictment against Marks is in connection to an August 2018 break-in at the Temple home of Jenna Scott, Marks’ ex-girlfriend. The remains of Scott and her friend Michael Swearingin were discovered in unmarked graves in Clearview, OK in January.

In February, Marks was charged with capital murder in connection to Scott and Swearingin’s deaths. Marks has also been charged with interference with an emergency call, false reporting to a police officer, special investigator, or law enforcement employee, and violation of protection order....

In addition to being charged with the murders of Scott and Swearingin, Marks is also a person of interest in the disappearance of April Pease of Bloomington, MN..."

MMA fighter Cedric Marks formally charged with capital murder and burglary

5c536664acd88.image.jpg

Just a reminder that Cedric Marks’ arraignment (for the burglary charge) will be this coming Friday. We would certainly like the “system” to start working in Jenna’s favor, albeit far too late.
Also, Jenna’s 29th birthday would have been this coming Saturday. This will be a difficult milestone and we could all use prayer. Thanks much.

The house is owned by his wife, the one in Michigan. they are technically still married. He has several children, 3 I believe, with another on the way. Maya maxwell is pregnant and I am almost certain they lived together in that house. I don’t really get why he was so obsessed with Jenna if he was married and had a girlfriend that was currently pregnant with his child.

Wow! I had not read anywhere that it belonged to his wife in MI. Interesting. So, he was going back and forth then? All I read was that he and Maxwell had returned to TX in early January, committed the murders, hid the bodies, and then went back to MI. It didn't state he was living in MI. But, wasn't he also employed at the boxing gym in Killeen at the time, or no? Thinking he probably has more than just those three kids running around ...
He was living all over the place, according to the court investigator in Washington, he was already married to McDonough at the time of the custody battle with April Pease. And, isn't he still married to someone else? I remember reading something about one woman who has been trying to get divorced from him the moment she found out he was married to McDonough ... or had married McDonough after they were married? Hard to keep it all straight. Anyway, he refuses to divorce her. Does anyone have UTD info on that? I've been traveling the last couple weeks so not keeping up with anything in the news.

Friday, March 29th:
*Arraignment Hearing – (@ 9:15am CT) - TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 4, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK 1/15/19) – only for *Cedrick Joseph Marks (44) (ex bf of Scott’s) arrested (1/8/19) in Kent County, Mich. For a burglary warrant, waived extradition to Texas. Charged (2/4/19) with capital murder of multiple persons, interfering w/emergency all, false report to police office, violating protective order, burglary habitation intend. $1,766,500 Bond ($16,500 on charges of interference with an emergency call, making a false police report & violation of a protection order, bond for the burglary charge is $250,000 & the murder of multiple persons is carrying a bond of $1.5 million).
Charged & indicted (3/13/19) with burglary (on 8/21/18 at Scott’s home).
While being extradited (2/3/19) from Michigan to Texas escaped & captured after 9 hours (2/4/19) in Conroe, Texas. Scott filed for & was granted a temporary protective order against Marks in July, 2018. Bell County reopened investigation of Marks’ former GF April Pease disappeared 3/17/09 in Bloomington, MN. Another victim, Andre Ogans, Tulsa, OK was scheduled to testify against Marks, Feb. 2007.
3/13/19 Update: Indicted for burglary in connection with break-in at Scott’s home on 8/21/18. Arraignment scheduled for 3/29.

*Maya Renee Maxwell (26) (Mark’s GF) arrested (1/11/19) & extradited from MI to TX (1/16/19), charged (1/16/19) & indicted (3/27/19) with 3rd degree tampering or fabricating physical evidence. $500K bond.
Maxwell admitted in an arrest affidavit she took Swearingin’s car and drove it to Austin to hide it, was in the house with Marks when he reportedly killed Swearingin and Scott, drove with him to Oklahoma and was there when the bodies were buried.
3/27/19 Update: Indicted with 3rd degree tampering or fabricating physical evidence.

*Ginell McDonough (Army Staff Sgt.) (37) (Mark’s wife) arrested (1/11/19) for harboring a fugitive & charged with obstruction of justice. $75K bond reduced to $10K, released on bond with GPS monitor.
Maxwell also was hiding out in McDonough’s Michigan home, according to law enforcement officials. McDonough hasn’t been charged yet with a crime in Texas, and she was released from the Michigan jail after her bond was decreased from $75,000 to $10,000.

MAR 29, 2019
Capital murder suspect Cedric Marks has new attorney appointed
The attorney for Cedric Marks’ felony burglary case officially withdrew from his case Thursday morning during a special hearing.

[...]

Harrell told Jezek it was best if Marks was represented by Michael White, a local attorney who already was assigned to represent Marks in the capital murder case and in the misdemeanor cases because they were all connected to the same alleged victim — Jenna Scott.

In what appeared to be a surprising move, Marks told Jezek he objected to Harrell’s withdrawal, which drew a sharp, surprised look from Harrell.

His reasons were Harrell “knows almost the whole case since September” and he’d feel better if he was represented by her. Marks said this was his first time to be in court with her and he’d already invested almost $10,000 in her. He also told Jezek he had documents for Harrell.

Harrell expressed surprise and said somehow what Marks agreed to Wednesday night during a meeting at the Bell County Jail “went up in smoke.”

Harrell said she met with Marks a total of three times in jail; the last time was Wednesday.

“And he doesn’t have $10,000 paid to me,” Harrell said in court. She revealed the bulk of the fees paid to her were by a “third party.”

Jezek appointed White despite Marks’ objections.

[...]

Two members of Jenna’s family were at the hearing — her brother, TS, and a cousin, AZ. They drove from Colorado to be there.

[...]

Jenna prepared the entire family for the possibility that Marks would kill her, TS said, and Jenna’s father had already accepted that Jenna was dead when she went missing, AZ added. She even told her daughter she might not be there because of Marks.

[...]

(Names changed to initials by me)

MAR 29, 2019
The attorney for Cedric Marks’ felony burglary case officially withdrew from his case Thursday morning during a special hearing.

[...]

Harrell told Jezek it was best if Marks was represented by Michael White, a local attorney who already was assigned to represent Marks in the capital murder case and in the misdemeanor cases because they were all connected to the same alleged victim — Jenna Scott.

In what appeared to be a surprising move, Marks told Jezek he objected to Harrell’s withdrawal, which drew a sharp, surprised look from Harrell.

His reasons were Harrell “knows almost the whole case since September” and he’d feel better if he was represented by her. Marks said this was his first time to be in court with her and he’d already invested almost $10,000 in her. He also told Jezek he had documents for Harrell.

Harrell expressed surprise and said somehow what Marks agreed to Wednesday night during a meeting at the Bell County Jail “went up in smoke.”

Harrell said she met with Marks a total of three times in jail; the last time was Wednesday.

“And he doesn’t have $10,000 paid to me,” Harrell said in court. She revealed the bulk of the fees paid to her were by a “third party.”

[...]

Two members of Jenna’s family were at the hearing — her brother, TS, and a cousin, AZ. They drove from Colorado to be there.

[...]

Jenna prepared the entire family for the possibility that Marks would kill her, TS said, and Jenna’s father had already accepted that Jenna was dead when she went missing, AZ added. She even told her daughter she might not be there because of Marks.

[...]

So defense attorney Harrell discovers in court what the family already knew - that CM is a duplicitous, lying .

MAR 29, 2019

[...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

Such typical behavior from this lying dumb___ (sorry for the language) control freak, IMO.

It may have worked in the past, but not any more, so he’d better get used to it.

Two things I find interesting:
1. Contrary to the previously published court docket, Judge LePak did not preside over the hearing;

2. “‘It’s my belief they will (go for the death penalty) based on facts and circumstances,’ White said.”:
It seems rather unusual that a defense lawyer would say that about his/er client.

Such typical behavior from this lying dumb___ (sorry for the language) control freak, IMO.

It may have worked in the past, but not any more, so he’d better get used to it.

Two things I find interesting:
1. Contrary to the previously published court docket, Judge LePak did not preside over the hearing;

2. “‘It’s my belief they will (go for the death penalty) based on facts and circumstances,’ White said.”:
It seems rather unusual that a defense lawyer would say that about his/er client.
I would think judge LePak would be removed from this case because of what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*