Found Deceased TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@PommyMommy - if I could bother you - could you look up & see if Maxwell has a court date yet. Last one was 2/28.

I have Marks on 4/6 - "might" have changed?

Thanks!
Maxwell isn't on the docket for this week. According to this article, neither Marks or Maxwell will be in court before May.

MAR 23, 2020
Judge extends order, limiting activity at Bell County courthouse
[...]

While the county is officially in a state of disaster because of the coronavirus, a Bell County district judge on Monday extended his administrative order that limits activity at the courthouse until May 8.

Judge Gordon Adams, who presides over the 169th Judicial District Court, issued his original administrative order on March 16. The original order suspended jury trials and non-essential courthouse hearings until April 10. On Monday, Adams extended that order another month, with the hope that regular activity can resume on May 11 after expiring on Friday, May 8.

[...]

“Examples of essential functions include criminal magistration proceedings, CPS removal hearings, temporary restraining orders/temporary injunctions, juvenile detention hearings, and family violence protective orders,” the order reads.

All jury trials are suspended through May 8.

[...]

I'm going to post this so I can shorten it up a bit.

Monday, April 6th:
*Pretrial Hearing-CANCELLED! (@ 1:30pm CT) - TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 4, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK on 1/9/19) – for *Cedric Joseph Marks (44/now 45) (ex bf of Scott’s) arrested (1/8/19) in Kent County, Mich. for a burglary warrant, waived extradition to Texas. *Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with capital murder of multiple persons & tampering with evidence. $2,016,500 Bond. DA will seek DP.
*Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (4/10/19) with interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer violating protective order, burglary habitation intend.
*Charged & indicted (3/13/19) & arraigned (4/26/19) with 1st degree felony burglary (on 8/21/18 at Scott’s home).
$16,500 on charges of interference with an emergency call, making a false police report & violation of a protection order, bond for the burglary charge is $250K, the murder of multiple persons is carrying a bond of $1.5 million & $250K. Plead not guilty to all charges.
*Charged (3/16/20) with 2nd degree murder in Minnesota of April Lee Pease.
Court information from 2/3/19 thru 8/29/19 reference post #846 here:
Found Deceased - TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

Trial was to start on 6/24/19 for misdemeanor charges (interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer & violating protective order).
10/17/19: Next pretrial hearing on 1/23/20. 1/23/20: Next pretrial hearing on 2/6/20.
2/6/20 Update: Thursday’s pretrial hearing involved two motions – one of which has to do with seven drops of blood on a light green-colored towel. The defense either wants the DNA testing to be done under video recording or have those samples tested in an outside lab. This is only the newest information in a case which began in 2018. Thursday was Marks’s third pretrial hearing. Three weeks from today, we are expecting to hear from witnesses about the DNA evidence on the towel and possibly the other items. Next pretrial hearing on 2/27/20.

2/27/20 Update: Judge Fancy Jezek of the 426th District Court ruled on the motion (re DNA evidence) at a Thursday hearing and said the Texas Department of Public Safety crime lab in Waco must provide notes & test results to Marks’ defense attorneys. Brent Watson, a DPS crime lab DNA superintendent, testified that letting other people in the crime lab would cause safety risks, biological or chemical hazards and contamination issues. The next hearing in the case is scheduled April 6.
3/16/20 Update: Charged (3/16/20) with 2nd degree murder of April Lee Pease along with Kellee Kristine Sorensen. (separate case).
3/16/20: While the county is officially in a state of disaster because of the coronavirus, a Bell County district judge on Monday extended his administrative order that limits activity at the courthouse until May 8. The original order suspended jury trials and non-essential courthouse hearings until April 10. On Monday, Judge Gordon Adams extended that order another month, with the hope that regular activity can resume on May 11 after expiring on Friday, May 8.
*Maya Renee Maxwell – Pretrial hearing on 2/28/20. No update as of 4/5.
*Ginell Marie McDonough – 1/31/20: Plead guilty. Sentencing on 11/13/20.

Murder suspect released from jail

Kellee Kristine Sorenson, who said she helped find and capture April Pease in 2009 so murder suspect Cedric Marks could kill her, was released May 10 on bond, a jail roster shows.

Sorenson, 34, charged with second-degree murder with intent but without premeditation in the 2009 death of April Pease, was released from Hennepin County Jail in Minnesota on a $3,000 conditional bond.

Bloomington Police Chief Mike Hartley could not comment as to whether or not he believed the bond was sufficient, he said Friday.

“I’m hoping justice for those who are charged will be served in the months to come,” Hartley said.

The alleged murder date — one of several such charges Marks faces including the slayings of two Temple residents — is March 17, 2009. The charge is that Sorenson searched and found Pease at a shelter in Bloomington, Minn., where she was hiding from Marks along with their 4-year-old son.

Pease was in a different shelter but reportedly was located by McDonough, again for Marks, so she was moved to the one in Bloomington.

Sorenson reportedly abducted her from the shelter and took her to Marks — who allegedly killed her because he wanted their son and she had been awarded custody.

Marks was charged with murder in connection with Pease’s death. Marks and Sorenson, from Lynden, Wash., both face a possible sentence of 40 years in prison.

A probable cause affidavit

A probable cause affidavit obtained Friday by the Telegram contained information provided by Sorenson, a Temple Police investigator, Marks’ wife Ginelle McDonough and Pease’s mother, Dottie Pease.

Also included was information written by Pease. She documented before she died alleged violence and threats against her by Marks.

Almost every person who talked with investigators recalled Marks saying he was going to kill Pease.

Additional murder charges

Marks and another of his girlfriends, Maya Maxwell, are in the Bell County Jail, both charged with capital murder of multiple persons — Marks’ former girlfriend, Jenna Scott, and her friend, Michael Swearingin — and tampering with physical evidence.

Scott and Swearingin were reportedly killed by Marks. Maxwell assisted him, but told investigators she didn’t see him kill them.

Maxwell helped Marks transport the bodies to Clearview, Okla., where he reportedly buried them in a shallow grave in a rural area — next to land owned by some of his family, the probable cause affidavit said.

Bonds for Marks total $2,016,500. Maxwell’s bonds total $750,000

Remains located in Oklahoma

Badly decomposed human remains were found Memorial Day in Broken Arrow, Okla., according to the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office. A resident who lived near a creek found the bones behind his home, which is about 70 miles north of where the bodies of Scott and Swearingin were discovered.

The sheriff said the bones were too decomposed to tell the race, gender or cause of death. A forensic anthropologist is working to identify the remains. There is no proof at this time that it is Pease.

“I have no info at this time that says yes or says that it is not Pease,” Hartley said.

A man also disappeared who was friends with Marks. That man was Ondre Ogans, 36, of Tulsa, Okla. He was reportedly supposed to testify in court against Marks but disappeared Feb. 28, 2007.

One anthropologist believes the bones belong to a man, Sgt. Michael Moore with the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office said Friday. The investigators are waiting for DNA testing to determine the identity.

Maya has court on June 19th.

Thank you @Seifer ! Much appreciated.

and
sgreeting_welcome_team_100-100.gif
To WS & this case!

Anything on Marks? TIA! :) Last hearing I have was on 4/6/20.

Not sure IF this is still a "go" - tagging @PommyMommy :)

Friday, June 19th:
*Pretrial Hearing – (@ am CT) – TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 4, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK 1/9/19) – for *Maya Renee Maxwell (26/now 27) (Mark’s GF) arrested (1/11/19) & extradited from MI to TX (1/16/19), charged (1/16/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (4/26/19) with capital murder of multiple persons & 3rd degree tampering or fabricating physical evidence. $750K bond.
Maxwell admitted in an arrest affidavit she took Swearingin’s car and drove it to Austin to hide it, was in the house with Marks when he reportedly killed Swearingin and Scott, drove with him to Oklahoma and was there when the bodies were buried.
Court info from 4/3/19 thru 8/30/19 reference post #838 here:
Found Deceased - TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

10/31/19 Update: Hearing was cancelled. Defense has too much discovery. 10/31/19: Next hearing is on 12/13. 12/13/29: Next pretrial hearing on 2/28/20. 2/28/20 Update: Next hearing on 6/19/20.
*Cedric Joseph Marks – Next pretrial hearing on 4/6/20-continued due to coronavirus. No update as of 6/19.
*Ginell Marie McDonough – 1/31/20: Plead guilty. Sentencing on 11/13/20 in Michigan.

My apologies for interrupting the discussion. Please.do not comment on this thread about donations. Click here if you have questions

Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,

We need your help as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your wonderful generosity. Your donations have enabled Websleuths to continue operating!!!

However we still need more help to keep Websleuths operating.

Things are difficult for everyone and it pains me to have to ask but I want make sure Websleuths does not go dark.

If you have already donated I feel once is plenty!

If by chance you are just finding out that Websleuths needs help and you are able to make a donation we would really appreciate it. (people have told me in the past they had no idea WS needed help so I am putting this post in more places on the forum)

If you can make any donation, no matter how small, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is our PayPal link. Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me

You can join our Patreon channel for as low as 5 dollars a month
www.patreon.com/websleuthsradiopodcast

Many people have suggested we start charging people membership fees.
CLICK HERE for the explanation as to why this cannot happen at Websleuths.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A DONATION UNLESS YOU CAN TRULY AFFORD TO DO SO!!!

Websleuths is my full-time job. I love being a part of such an amazing community and feel very fortunate that I am able to combine my passion with my job.

On behalf of all the mods, admins, and all other wonderful volunteers on Websleuths thank you.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner, Websleuths.com
PS below is my email feel free to write with any questions.
triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Murder suspect released from jail

Kellee Kristine Sorenson, who said she helped find and capture April Pease in 2009 so murder suspect Cedric Marks could kill her, was released May 10 on bond, a jail roster shows.

Sorenson, 34, charged with second-degree murder with intent but without premeditation in the 2009 death of April Pease, was released from Hennepin County Jail in Minnesota on a $3,000 conditional bond.

Bloomington Police Chief Mike Hartley could not comment as to whether or not he believed the bond was sufficient, he said Friday.

“I’m hoping justice for those who are charged will be served in the months to come,” Hartley said.

The alleged murder date — one of several such charges Marks faces including the slayings of two Temple residents — is March 17, 2009. The charge is that Sorenson searched and found Pease at a shelter in Bloomington, Minn., where she was hiding from Marks along with their 4-year-old son.

Pease was in a different shelter but reportedly was located by McDonough, again for Marks, so she was moved to the one in Bloomington.

Sorenson reportedly abducted her from the shelter and took her to Marks — who allegedly killed her because he wanted their son and she had been awarded custody.

Marks was charged with murder in connection with Pease’s death. Marks and Sorenson, from Lynden, Wash., both face a possible sentence of 40 years in prison.

A probable cause affidavit

A probable cause affidavit obtained Friday by the Telegram contained information provided by Sorenson, a Temple Police investigator, Marks’ wife Ginelle McDonough and Pease’s mother, Dottie Pease.

Also included was information written by Pease. She documented before she died alleged violence and threats against her by Marks.

Almost every person who talked with investigators recalled Marks saying he was going to kill Pease.

Additional murder charges

Marks and another of his girlfriends, Maya Maxwell, are in the Bell County Jail, both charged with capital murder of multiple persons — Marks’ former girlfriend, Jenna Scott, and her friend, Michael Swearingin — and tampering with physical evidence.

Scott and Swearingin were reportedly killed by Marks. Maxwell assisted him, but told investigators she didn’t see him kill them.

Maxwell helped Marks transport the bodies to Clearview, Okla., where he reportedly buried them in a shallow grave in a rural area — next to land owned by some of his family, the probable cause affidavit said.

Bonds for Marks total $2,016,500. Maxwell’s bonds total $750,000

Remains located in Oklahoma

Badly decomposed human remains were found Memorial Day in Broken Arrow, Okla., according to the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office. A resident who lived near a creek found the bones behind his home, which is about 70 miles north of where the bodies of Scott and Swearingin were discovered.

The sheriff said the bones were too decomposed to tell the race, gender or cause of death. A forensic anthropologist is working to identify the remains. There is no proof at this time that it is Pease.

“I have no info at this time that says yes or says that it is not Pease,” Hartley said.

A man also disappeared who was friends with Marks. That man was Ondre Ogans, 36, of Tulsa, Okla. He was reportedly supposed to testify in court against Marks but disappeared Feb. 28, 2007.

One anthropologist believes the bones belong to a man, Sgt. Michael Moore with the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office said Friday. The investigators are waiting for DNA testing to determine the identity.
I had to read this twice. :eek:

Marks victims had no chance.

Please let the families finally see justice this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl