Found Deceased TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Murder suspect released from jail

Kellee Kristine Sorenson, who said she helped find and capture April Pease in 2009 so murder suspect Cedric Marks could kill her, was released May 10 on bond, a jail roster shows.

Sorenson, 34, charged with second-degree murder with intent but without premeditation in the 2009 death of April Pease, was released from Hennepin County Jail in Minnesota on a $3,000 conditional bond.

rsbm

Sickening and disgusting. How is her release even possible? KKS is a killer, a murderer, and a pretty poor excuse for a human, as far as I can tell.

@PommyMommy - just going thru my June hearings - was wondering if there might be an update on Maxwell - last pretrial hearing on 6/19 & Marks pretrial 4/6/20.

TIA!
byegant.gif

Marks hearing on livestreaming pretrial scheduled Tuesday

A hearing to discuss whether capital murder suspect Cedric Marks’ pretrial hearing should be livestreamed online is scheduled to occur Tuesday, First Assistant District Attorney Stephanie Newell confirmed.

Marks’ attorneys, according to his local defense attorney Michael White, will argue that Marks is entitled to an open court hearing. The attorneys will say that requiring the public to type their name to view virtual proceedings is not open court, White said.

Marks’ attorneys want to wait until people can be admitted again in the courtroom, according to White.

“There are several motions on file from the defense. I cannot comment regarding the pending litigation,” Newell said Monday.

Marks, 46, of Killeen, was indicted for capital murder of multiple persons in the Jan. 3, 2019, slayings of Jenna Scott, 28, and Michael Swearingin, 32, both of Temple.

Marks was also charged and indicted for the first-degree burglary of a habitation with intent to commit another felony, tampering with physical evidence to impair an investigation, a third-degree felony, and multiple misdemeanor offenses — all in connection with Scott, according to arrest affidavits....

...Marks remained Monday in the Bell County Jail, held on bonds that total more than $2 million.

Maxwell was still jailed Monday on the capital murder charge of multiple persons and the third-degree charge of tampering with physical evidence to impair an investigation. Her bonds total $750,000.

Tuesday, July 21st:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ pm CT) - TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 4, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK on 1/9/19) – for *Cedric Joseph Marks (44/now 45) (ex bf of Scott’s) arrested (1/8/19) in Kent County, Mich. for a burglary warrant, waived extradition to Texas. *Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with capital murder of multiple persons & tampering with evidence. $2,016,500 Bond. DA will seek DP.
*Charged
(2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (4/10/19) with interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer violating protective order, burglary habitation intend.
Trial was to start on 6/24/19 for misdemeanor charges (interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer & violating protective order).
*Charged & indicted (3/13/19) & arraigned (4/26/19) with 1st degree felony burglary (on 8/21/18 at Scott’s home).
$16,500 on charges of interference with an emergency call, making a false police report & violation of a protection order, bond for the burglary charge is $250K, the murder of multiple persons is carrying a bond of $1.5 million & $250K. Plead not guilty to all charges.
*Charged (3/16/20) with 2nd degree murder in Minnesota of April Lee Pease.
Court information from 2/3/19 thru 2/6/20 reference post #883 here:
Found Deceased - TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

2/27/20 Update: Judge Fancy Jezek of the 426th District Court ruled on the motion (re DNA evidence) at a Thursday hearing and said the Texas Department of Public Safety crime lab in Waco must provide notes & test results to Marks’ defense attorneys. Brent Watson, a DPS crime lab DNA superintendent, testified that letting other people in the crime lab would cause safety risks, biological or chemical hazards and contamination issues. The next hearing in the case is scheduled April 6.
3/16/20 Update: Charged (3/16/20) with 2nd degree murder of April Lee Pease along with Kellee Kristine Sorensen. (separate case).
3/16/20: While the county is officially in a state of disaster because of the coronavirus, a Bell County district judge on Monday extended his administrative order that limits activity at the courthouse until May 8. The original order suspended jury trials and non-essential courthouse hearings until April 10. On Monday, Judge Gordon Adams extended that order another month, with the hope that regular activity can resume on May 11 after expiring on Friday, May 8.
7/21/20 Update: Hearing on 7/21/20.

*Maya Renee Maxwell – Pretrial hearing on 6/19/20. No update as of 7/21/20.
*Ginell Marie McDonough – 1/31/20: Plead guilty. Sentencing on 11/13/20.

@Niner Thanks! Sorry about that, let me see if I can get it in a way you can read it.
I've hosted a picture of it from my server, if you'd rather the whole PDF, I put that up as well. Cheers!

CedricMarks-WeekOfAugust3rd.png

EDIT: One sec, looks like the HTTPS cert is busted, let me fix.
EDIT 2: Well, it looks fine in the post editor but not after I save. Oh well. Here is the direct path to the picture: https://www.totallyrealbusinessname.com/images/MarksCase/CedricMarks-WeekOfAugust3rd.png
and I've attached the source PDF as well.

Attachments

• WeekOfAug062020.pdf
    12.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Tuesday, August 11th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 3:30pm CT) - TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 4, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK on Jan. 19, 2019) – for *Cedric Joseph Marks (44/now 45) (ex bf of Scott’s) arrested (1/8/19) in Kent County, Mich. for a burglary warrant, waived extradition to Texas. *Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with capital murder of multiple persons & tampering with evidence. $2,016,500 Bond. DA will seek DP.
*Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (4/10/19) with interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer violating protective order, burglary habitation intend.
*Charged & indicted (3/13/19) & arraigned (4/26/19) with 1st degree felony burglary (on 8/21/18 at Scott’s home). $16,500 bond on charges of interference with an emergency call, making a false police report & violation of a protection order, bond for the burglary charge is $250K, the murder of multiple persons is carrying a bond of $1.5 million & $250K. Plead not guilty to all charges.
Trial was to start on 6/24/19 for misdemeanor charges (interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer & violating protective order).
*Charged (3/16/20) with 2nd degree murder in Minnesota of April Lee Pease.
Court information from 2/3/19 thru 3/16/20 reference post #904 here:
Found Deceased - TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

7/21/20 Update: A hearing to discuss whether capital murder suspect Marks’ pretrial hearing should be livestreamed online. Marks’ attorneys, according to his local defense attorney Michael White, will argue that Marks is entitled to an open court hearing. The attorneys will say that requiring the public to type their name to view virtual proceedings is not open court, White said. Hearing on 7/21/20.
7/21/20 Update: Attorneys for Marks asked a Bell County state district judge Tuesday to delay his death penalty trial until in-person proceedings can resume. State District Judge Fancy Jezek said she wants to hear from Bell County's IT department & from Lifesize before deciding how to proceed with the trial. 7/21/20 Update: Next hearing on 8/4/20. 8/4/20 Update: Next hearing on 8/11/20.
*Maya Renee Maxwell – Pretrial hearing on 6/19/20.
*Ginell Marie McDonough – 1/31/20: Plead guilty. Sentencing on 11/13/20.

Last edited:
From today's pre-trial, looks like the live streaming was not brought up.

BELTON, Texas — A pre-trial hearing for double murder suspect Cedric Marks centered around whether the prosecution could keep witness names and numbers, among other things, redacted from thousands of pages of evidence.

Marks' defense said they needed full access to everything in the documents.

The judge did not make a ruling Tuesday. He told the two sides to try to come up with a solution on their own. If they could not, he said he would make a ruling based on the arguments.

The defense also asked that Marks be allowed to wear street clothes when he appears in court. They said the jail attire makes him look guilty. The prosecution agreed to that request.

The question of whether future hearings could be live streamed was not discussed, as was originally reported in this article.

Marks is charged with capital murder for the deaths of ex-girlfriend Jenna Scott and her friend Michael Swearingin of Temple on January 3, 2019. Police said with the help of Maya Maxwell he buried their bodies in Clearview, Oklahoma.

Marks and Maxwell were caught in Michigan and extradited to Texas later that month. Marks was brought back by a prisoner transport company that had a contract with the Bell County Sheriff's Department.

Marks escaped when the van stopped in Conroe Feb. 3. Authorities found him nine hours later hiding in a garbage can.

Marks is in the Bell County jail with bonds totaling more than $2 million. Maxwell was also charged with capital murder. Her bond amount is $750,000.

Source: Cedric Marks' defense argues for full access to thousands of documents

Oh @ClosedEyesSeeing - do you see any new court dates for Maya Maxwell? I have her last date as 6/19/20.

TIA! :)

I've been keeping an eye out for her's as well, but I can't search the docket for past dates/names without paying. I'll do a cursory search in other spots to see if I can see anything.

As for the article, it did not mention a follow up hearing date, but I'll try and keep up the weekly check in with the docket. Not opposed to a friendly reminder if I happen to miss it. :p

Cheers!

Oh - thanks so much for helping me on this case! I could access the Bell County site at one time, but then I moved over here in EU - and some courts I can't access anymore.... :(

I hope you enjoy WS! It's a great forum with all different kind of cases here.

Tuesday, August 18th:
*Bond Reduction Hearing – (@ 1pm CT) – TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 4, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK 1/9/19) – for *Maya Renee Maxwell (26/now 27) (Mark’s GF) arrested (1/11/19) & extradited from MI to TX (1/16/19), charged (1/16/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (4/26/19) with capital murder of multiple persons & 3rd degree tampering or fabricating physical evidence. $750K bond.
Maxwell admitted in an arrest affidavit she took Swearingin’s car and drove it to Austin to hide it, was in the house with Marks when he reportedly killed Swearingin and Scott, drove with him to Oklahoma and was there when the bodies were buried.
Court info from 4/3/19 thru 8/30/19 reference post #838 here:

10/31/19 Update: Hearing was cancelled. Defense has too much discovery. 10/31/19: Next hearing is on 12/13. 12/13/29: Next pretrial hearing on 2/28/20. 2/28/20 Update: Next hearing on 6/19/20. 6/19/20 Update: Bond reduction hearing on 8/18/20.
8/18/20 Update: Bond reduction-denied.
*Cedric Joseph Marks – Next pretrial hearing on 8/11/20.
*Ginell Marie McDonough – 1/31/20: Plead guilty. Sentencing on 11/13/20 in Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member