Found Deceased TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Niner - since I was in the research mode, it looks like Marks trial will not be livestreamed as ruled: Court hearings for Cedric Marks won’t be livestreamed, judge rules

BELTON — A Bell County judge decided Tuesday that virtual hearings for capital murder suspect Cedric Marks will not be allowed and future hearings must be held in a public courtroom.

(This is the whole article)

For those that might not have access :) -

BELTON - Maya Maxwell, charged with capital murder of multiple persons and tampering with evidence, is now married and asked today for a large bond reduction.

Heard before newly-elected Judge Steve Duskie, Maxwell's attorney, Wade Faulkner, asked for her bond to be reduced from $750,000 to $75,000 so her husband - named John Doe for the hearing - could afford to bail her out.

After Doe, who currently lives in Michigan, testified for the defense and was questioned by Bell County First Assistant Stephanie Newell, Duskie denied the bond change but said Faulkner could revisit it in the future if circumstances changed.

Maxwell and Doe were married July 12 by proxy, Doe said.

Maxwell allegedly assisted Cedric Marks in the Jan. 1, 2019, murders and destruction of evidence pertaining to the deaths of 28-year-old Jenna Scott and 32-year-old Michael Swearingin, both of Temple.

(End article)

Source: Bond reduction denied by new judge in capital murder case

@ClosedEyesSeeing - just wonder if there might be an update? TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-004.gif

Also, looks like Maxwell might have a tentative trial date set in March 2021: Attorney: Capital murder suspect ready for trial; March 2021 trial date set but could be delayed

"Bell County First Assistant District Attorney Stephanie Newell said a March 2021 date had been set for Maxwell, but there was no certainty it would be held because of the state’s emergency orders."

And it looks like from what I could read in the article - she had a hearing on Tuesday. I'm going to move her there on my stuff.

So - no "date" in March? Can't read the whole article... my 3 freebies are done! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810