Found Deceased TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks PommyMommy for the updates! And NO, you will NOT be fired!
48x48px-LL-5c01b62f_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-060.gif

and found nothing on either Maxwell or Marks.... link is for 10/7 thru 10/11, unless I missed it while on vacation.
impatient1.gif

Marks:

426 80161 10 17 19 PT 130 MARKS, CEDRICK JOSEPH 1 BURGLARY HABITATION INTEND2039 8218 3139 WHITE *C.LANE JA

426 80243 10 17 19 PT 130 MARKS, CEDRICK JOSEPH 3 TAMPER/FABRICATE PHYS EVID 1039 4039 WHITE *C.LANE JA

426 80244 10 17 19 PT 130 MARKS, CEDRICK JOSEPH 1 CAPITAL MURDER OF MULTIPLE2039 1039 4039 CALHOUN*WALDMAN JA

link: page 4 of 12
http://www.co.bell.tx.us/districtcoord/CSTMR/cjdo0001r.pdf

nothing on Maxwell though

Last edited:
Thursday, October 17th:
*Pretrial Hearing – (@ 1:30pm CT) - TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 4, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK on 1/9/19) – only for *Cedric Joseph Marks (44) (ex bf of Scott’s) arrested (1/8/19) in Kent County, Mich. for a burglary warrant, waived extradition to Texas. *Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with capital murder of multiple persons & tampering with evidence. $2,016,500 Bond. DA will seek DP.
*Charged (2/4/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (4/10/19) with interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer, violating protective order, burglary habitation intend.
*Charged & indicted (3/13/19) & arraigned (4/26/19) with 1st degree felony burglary (on 8/21/18 at Scott’s home).
($16,500 on charges of interference with an emergency call, making a false police report & violation of a protection order, bond for the burglary charge is $250K, the murder of multiple persons is carrying a bond of $1.5 million & $250K. Plead not guilty to all charges.
Court information from 2/3/19 thru 4/10/19 reference post #710 here:
Found Deceased - TX - Michael Swearingin, 32, & Jenna Scott, 28, Temple, Bell County, 4 Jan 2019

Trial starts 6/24/19 for misdemeanor charges (interfering w/emergency call, false report to police officer & violating protective order).
5/24/19 Update: Murder charges Pretrial hearing on 6/27. 6/27/19: Trial for interfering (6/24/19) was cancelled. Pretrial hearing scheduled for 8/29. 8/12/19: DA filed notice they will be seeking DP if convicted. DNA test prove Marks is Maxwell’s baby’s father.
8/29/19 Update: Pretrial hearing reset –The pretrial hearings for both Cedric Marks and Maya Maxwell were reset again Thursday. Because of the sheer volume of discovery evidence provided in these cases, more time was necessary to review it and determine what actions needs to take place, Bell County District Attorney Henry Garza said Thursday. Next pretrial hearing on 10/17.
*Maya Renee Maxwell – Last Pretrial hearing on 8/30. No update as of 10/12.
*Ginell Marie McDonough – Pretrial settlement hearing on 11/22.

• CM made an appearance in Bell County court Thursday, but only spoke publicly once to confirm his identity to the judge.
  • Multiple motions were passed including the defense's request that he's not shackled in public and wear street clothes during the jury selection and trial.
  • The defense filed several other motions, which included sending evidence off for independent analysis and DNA testing on all physical evidence.
  • The defense also asked for the criminal records of all witnesses and those on the prosecution team.
  • Marks' next pretrial hearing is scheduled for the middle of January.

My husband and I attended the hearing. I have a couple personal observations.
We were quite impressed with the judge and especially the prosecuting attorney.
First time ever seeing CM in person. Tough guy didn’t look so tough. (Of course, there were multiple armed officers in the courtroom.) Really, there was nothing remarkable about him. Just another criminal who believes his doesn’t stink. Glad he’s locked up. Will celebrate the day he breathes his last. MOO

First time ever seeing CM in person. Tough guy didn’t look so tough. (Of course, there were multiple armed officers in the courtroom.) Really, there was nothing remarkable about him. Just another criminal who believes his **** doesn’t stink. Glad he’s locked up. Will celebrate the day he breathes his last. MOO

I worked in an educational setting with CM's 2 sons 5 years ago and had many encounters with CM. While he doesn't appear very tough, up close and when it came to his boys he had a very menacing aura about him.

First time ever seeing CM in person. Tough guy didn’t look so tough. (Of course, there were multiple armed officers in the courtroom.) Really, there was nothing remarkable about him. Just another criminal who believes his **** doesn’t stink. Glad he’s locked up. Will celebrate the day he breathes his last. MOO

Well - hoping you will attend the trial and report some news with us! :)

We always like an "WS insider" in court rooms! LOL! That way you can tell us about the jury and people watching the hearing/trial!

I see you are a somewhat "new" member at WS - so a little late, but

sgreeting_welcome_sign_general_100-109.gif

Thursday, October 31st:
*Pretrial Hearing – (@ 8:45am CT) – TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 4, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK 1/9/19) – Only for *Maya Renee Maxwell (26) (Mark’s GF) arrested (1/11/19) & extradited from MI to TX (1/16/19), charged (1/16/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (4/26/19) with capital murder of multiple persons & 3rd degree tampering or fabricating physical evidence. $750K bond.
Maxwell admitted in an arrest affidavit she took Swearingin’s car and drove it to Austin to hide it, was in the house with Marks when he reportedly killed Swearingin and Scott, drove with him to Oklahoma and was there when the bodies were buried.
4/3/19 Update: Indicted with 3rd degree tampering or fabricating physical evidence. Bond increased to $750K. Retrial hearing on 4/25. Arraignment scheduled on 4/26.
4/26/19 Update: Charged with capital murder of multiple persons. For both counts next hearing on 5/3. 5/3/19 Update: Waives her arraignment. Next pretrial hearing on 5/24. 5/23/19: Per article hearing has been moved to June, but no specific date. 5/24/19: Next hearing on 6/21. 6/21/19: Hearing moved to 6/27. 6/27/19: Next Pretrial hearing on 7/26. 7/26/19 Update: Rescheduled pretrial hearing on 8/30.
8/30/19 Update: Pretrial hearing reset – The pretrial hearings for both Cedric Marks and Maya Maxwell were reset again Thursday. Because of the sheer volume of discovery evidence provided in these cases, more time was necessary to review it and determine what actions needs to take place, Bell County District Attorney Henry Garza said Thursday. Next hearing on 10/31.
*Cedric Joseph Marks – Next pretrial hearing on middle of January, 2020.
*Ginell Marie McDonough – Pretrial Settlement Conference hearing on 11/22 in Michigan.

Pretrial settlement conference set for Cedric Marks’ wife

A pretrial settlement conference for Ginell McDonough, accused of a felony charge of harboring fugitives, is set for Nov. 22 in a Michigan courtroom.
[.....]
The pretrial hearing date for Maxwell, also from Muskegon, was reset Thursday for the third time. She was scheduled to be in court at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, but that changed, Bell County District Attorney Henry Garza said.

“Currently neither side has a need for a pretrial hearing before the Court and, as such, it will be scheduled for a later date,” Garza said.

Friday, November 22nd:
*Pretrial Settlement Conference Hearing (@ am CT) – MI/TX – Michael Lee Swearingin (32) & Jenna Kay Scott (28) (Jan. 4, 2019, Temple; found in Clearview, OK 1/9/19) – for *Ginell Marie McDonough (Army Staff Sgt.) (37) (Mark’s wife) arrested (1/11/19) & charged (2/19/19) for harboring a fugitive & charged with obstruction of justice. $75K bond reduced to $10K, released on bond with GPS monitor.
Maxwell also was hiding out in McDonough’s Michigan home, according to law enforcement officials. McDonough hasn’t been charged yet with a crime in Texas, and she was released from the Michigan jail after her bond was decreased from $75K to $10K.
Trial was set to begin 9/16/19-continued…no further dates available.

9/17 Update: Next Pretrial Settlement Conference on 11/22.
*Maya Renee Maxwell – Pretrial hearing on 10/31, which was cancelled with no scheduled date as of 11/22.
*Cedric Joseph Marks – Murder charges: Pretrial hearing on middle of January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme