Found Safe TX - Michelle Reynolds - 6th Grade Reading and Language Arts Teacher - Missing Since 22 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read this article recently about people who wear hoodies or jackets even in warm weather. The author suggests that hoodies "administer emotional comfort, too, similar to that of a weighted blanket. Research shows that weighted blankets — and also hoodies, going by this logic — encourage the release of serotonin and dopamine, neurotransmitters that make us feel more relaxed, a highly coveted feeling in today’s increasingly panicked world."

Basically, wearing a heavier sweatshirt or jacket can provide a feeling of protection and comfort, which is another reason why someone who's feeling emotionally upset or vulnerable might wear one, even if it's not cool outside.

IMO. MOO.
There is also a disease called Raynauds Syndrome. I wear long sleeves in summer and can not tolerate air conditioning. I keep mine at 80 degrees.I bring sweaters just to go in grocery store.
To think people would automatically think I am a drug user for this pains me greatly.
Jumping off your post.

As far as the long sleeves/jacket go, the warmer the place you live, the colder they crank up the AC in any establishment. It's just been too long since she went missing. Unfortunately I think this will end up being a self harm situation, IMO. Mental illness is a *advertiser censored*!

Hopefully, the city of New Orleans will not tow the vehicle.

This article says her husband had the car moved to a Lexus dealership on Thursday:

This makes me wonder: why move it to a dealership? It seems to me like either the police would take it as evidence if there was some suspicion of foul play, or else the husband would need to take it home. Why a dealership?

This article says her husband had the car moved to a Lexus dealership on Thursday:

This makes me wonder: why move it to a dealership? It seems to me like either the police would take it as evidence if there was some suspicion of foul play, or else the husband would need to take it home. Why a dealership?
BBM. Maybe it was damaged during this bizarre flight and needed repair. However, I agree. It should be in police possession. Unless of course, they know she is alive and moving about free at will.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Major credit to Texas Equusearch for tracking down that exceptionally high-resolution photo. Well done by them. … I’m sure they watched the car for days in hopes she would return to it, and that hope is now dimmed, so might as well keep it safe and preserve it … I do feel some hope that she may eventually be found safe.

Schools are communities. When students and their families are having difficulties, schools usually provide services like counseling, making special arrangements for attendance, transportation, classwork, tutoring, etc. They woud meet with the Dad and decide together how they can best help the family.
So you're saying the assistance the ISD is providing has nothing to do with finding MR?

If that is true then I don't know why the comment would be in an article about MR being missing. Heartwarming and all, blah blah blah, but irrelevant to the situation at hand. IMO

Dang still haven't found her how sad. Hopeful she's found in a homeless shelter or hospital,that would be the only places I could think of if she's still alive and didn't self harm. If she's gone this many years controlling her mental state I don't know if she would self harm but she's not my family so idk if she's attempted before. I keep checking to see if she's found

So you're saying the assistance the ISD is providing has nothing to do with finding MR?

If that is true then I don't know why the comment would be in an article about MR being missing. Heartwarming and all, blah blah blah, but irrelevant to the situation at hand. IMO

I’m not sure why knowing that the school is providing help to Michelle’s family would be considered “irrelevant” and “blah, blah, blah.” The probable practical help @ReadySet described the school providing is encouraging for me to read and is certainly not “irrelevant,” even if it isn’t directly about the search for Michelle. Missing people have hurting families and it’s quite customary for an employer to be supportive and issue a statement. We can all use a dose of “heartwarming” in these cases. If the employer said nothing, no doubt there would be pages of speculation here about the reason. :)
JMO

The hoodie she would have decided to bring with her from her home town - whatever the weather was there.

I wonder if that hoodie gives her some protection/comfort - to not outwardly show a female form - give her some bulk/obscurity. Or maybe she was going to always stay out in the elements away from the car.

If a car is taken to a dealership - is that to check gps or to service the car due to its condition. Just seems odd to take it there. MOO

Some speculation here but re Michelle's vehicle, I think it was stated early on that New Orleans LE had checked it for fingerprints so I assume they also did any other processing of it that they thought was needed.

An earlier article also said the husband wanted to leave the SUV where it was at that time, in case Michelle returned to it.

Now, IDK but maybe he just arranged to have it held at the dealership for safekeeping until he is able get back to NO to retrieve it. ?

Last edited:
I was responding to your comment wondering about issues in the school community.
I agree with you. I'd think it's expected for the ISD to put out a statement, especially since they're both long term employees.

Something along the lines of expressing their condolences, stating that they are fully cooperating with LE, that they are supporting the family however they can (which might include paid leave, for ex.)--- and letting the public know that they aren't authorized to answer their questions. I don't see what else they could do without overstepping their proper role in it all.

Last edited:
Why take it to the dealership? Perhaps to see if the vehicle was stranded because of a malfunction. Components on the vehicle might still be covered by warrantee.

Dealerships can also track GPS, stops, starts, miles, speed, cameras, and everything else on the car connected to a sensor. I'm sure that's why he took it there. LE probably told him to get the info for them and save them the warrant (and time).

JMO.

Dealerships can also track GPS, stops, starts, miles, speed, cameras, and everything else on the car connected to a sensor. I'm sure that's why he took it there. LE probably told him to get the info for them and save them the warrant (and time).

JMO.
I was thinking the same thing. The dealership can tap into the car's computer & "black box" and get LE more information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back