Found Safe TX - Michelle Reynolds - 6th Grade Reading and Language Arts Teacher - Missing Since 22 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She has a disheveled, disoriented appearance IMO.
RSBBM
Looking at her feet, her gait also may be off. On her right foot which is down on the pavement, the right heel is resting on the edge of her sandal. Even for a foot that is about to lift off, it does not seem normal. It's as if she did not care about how her sandals were fitting. It could also indicate that she had been walking for quite a while. I also see her left toes curling up, however that is fairly common and may not mean anything at all.
JMO

ETA: this looks like the corner of Constance and Poeyfarre, the building out of view to the left would be a parking garage with mixed use on the ground level.

Last edited:
RSBBM
Looking at her feet, her gait also may be off. On her right foot which is down on the pavement, the right heel is resting on the edge of her sandal. Even for a foot that is about to lift off, it does not seem normal. It's as if she did not care about how her sandals were fitting. It could also indicate that she had been walking for quite a while. I also see her left toes curling up, however that is fairly common and may not mean anything at all.
JMO
They need to look in the nearby parks. It's amazing how many missing people discussed on WS are found in parks. It's generally a safe public spot (although nighttime is iffy).

She might be going to homeless shelters as well.

I fear she will or has become a crime victim because she appears to be very vulnerable in a city where crime is commonplace. Praying that is not the case.

Last edited:
I agree with you. She does look different in this new photo compared to the previous ones.

Reynolds-Michelle-220923-223x450.png

The area where this photo was taken (Constance St. towards Pontchartrain Expressway) is only a few blocks from where her car was left. The driver of the car (presumably Michelle) left it just after noon and this photo was taken at about 4:00pm. I wonder what she was doing for those four hours? And where is she now?
Do you have a link for where the time was mentioned? I'm not seeing it on the Equusearch site where the photo is posted. TIA!

Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED and corrected info in GRAY

- moved from Natchitoches, LA to Orange, TX for a teaching job (9)

- marriage to husband (9)

AROUND 2014
- couple began teaching in Alvin - both 6th grade teachers at different schools (9)

AROUND 2015
- began struggling with mental health (9)

AROUND SEP 1
- "had been undergoing outpatient treatment for about three weeks after a recent episode, having been on leave from her job as a teacher during that time. She had been taking nightly medications" (8.)

THU SEP 22 - LAST CONTACT WITH FAMILY -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- AM - [Zoom meeting with counselor (8.)] visited a counselor in person, then came home (9)
- 12p - [spoke to husband,] said she was going to get something to eat (last contact with family)] (7) told daughter she was going to get food and stop at the bank; when daughter returned home from school, called dad at work to see if he knew where she was; he started calling MR but calls went directly to voicemail (9)
- PM - reported missing by husband to local LE (Brazos County Sheriff's Department) (9)

FRI SEP 23
- 12:01 PM - Vehicle parked at corner of S Peters St & St Joseph St, New Orleans (4) in front of broken parking meter (10); person who may look like MR sits in car for about twenty minutes, then gets out (9) and leaves alone on foot (5) heading west (6) - husband notes potential height discrepancy between his wife and the driver in the video (8.)
- 4PM - MR spotted on surveillance footage walking south on Constance St towards the Pontchartrain Expressway (11)
1664565359879.png
- PM - Lexus "pinged" car in New Orleans; upon LE arrival, vehicle was no longer there (1)

SAT SEP 24
- PM - Vehicle located in New Orleans by husband and brother by geo-location. (2) - see Sun Sep 25

SUN SEP 25
- 3AM - Vehicle located in New Orleans by husband and brother by geo-location (9)
- First MSM news coverage (3)

MON SEP 26

TUE SEP 27
- Footage released of MR leaving vehicle alone on foot (5)
- Helicopter search on Mississippi River (8.)

WED SEP 28
- Boat search planned for Mississippi River (8.) - see Thu Sep 29
- Equusearch received several calls about possible sightings and leads; each was mistaken identity (10)

THU SEP 29
- Boat search on Mississippi River (10)
- Husband moves vehicle to Lexus dealership (10)

FRI SEP 30

- Surveillance image of MR walking south on Constance St towards the Pontchartrain Expressway released (11)

SOURCES
(1)Search for missing Alvin ISD teacher continues after car found in New Orleans
(2)'Really tough time' | Husband of missing Alvin woman says children are struggling with news
(3)Alvin ISD teacher still missing after car found in New Orleans, sheriff's office says
(4)Missing Texas teacher's car found in New Orleans as search continues
(5)HAVE YOU SEEN MICHELLE REYNOLDS?: Search continues for missing Alvin ISD teacher last seen on Thursday
(6)Missing TX teacher's car found in New Orleans; husband desperately in search of answers exclusively speaks to WDSU
(7)A Search Is Underway for a Texas Teacher Whose Car Was Found Out of State
(8.)Alvin teacher Michelle Reynolds still missing; New Orleans police now involved in case | Houston Public Media
(9)Family desperate for clues in Texas woman Michelle Reynold's disappearance
(10)Texas EquuSearch hits pivotal point in the hunt for TX school teacher
(11)https://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Reynolds-Michelle-MPR-Flyer-Rev-02.pdf

I'm also attaching a map below, showing the vehicle's location compared with the location of this latest surveillance footage.

Attachments

• MRmap3.png
    MRmap3.png
    715.9 KB · Views: 57
Updating TIMELINE with new info in RED and corrected info in GRAY

- moved from Natchitoches, LA to Orange, TX for a teaching job (9)

- marriage to husband (9)

AROUND 2014
- couple began teaching in Alvin - both 6th grade teachers at different schools (9)

AROUND 2015
- began struggling with mental health (9)

AROUND SEP 1
- "had been undergoing outpatient treatment for about three weeks after a recent episode, having been on leave from her job as a teacher during that time. She had been taking nightly medications" (8.)

THU SEP 22 - LAST CONTACT WITH FAMILY -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- AM - [Zoom meeting with counselor (8.)] visited a counselor in person, then came home (9)
- 12p - [spoke to husband,] said she was going to get something to eat (last contact with family)] (7) told daughter she was going to get food and stop at the bank; when daughter returned home from school, called dad at work to see if he knew where she was; he started calling MR but calls went directly to voicemail (9)
- PM - reported missing by husband to local LE (Brazos County Sheriff's Department) (9)

FRI SEP 23
- 12:01 PM - Vehicle parked at corner of S Peters St & St Joseph St, New Orleans (4) in front of broken parking meter (10); person who may look like MR sits in car for about twenty minutes, then gets out (9) and leaves alone on foot (5) heading west (6) - husband notes potential height discrepancy between his wife and the driver in the video (8.)
- 4PM - MR spotted on surveillance footage walking south on Constance St towards the Pontchartrain Expressway (11)
View attachment 369958
- PM - Lexus "pinged" car in New Orleans; upon LE arrival, vehicle was no longer there (1)

SAT SEP 24
- PM - Vehicle located in New Orleans by husband and brother by geo-location. (2) - see Sun Sep 25

SUN SEP 25
- 3AM - Vehicle located in New Orleans by husband and brother by geo-location (9)
- First MSM news coverage (3)

MON SEP 26

TUE SEP 27
- Footage released of MR leaving vehicle alone on foot (5)
- Helicopter search on Mississippi River (8.)

WED SEP 28
- Boat search planned for Mississippi River (8.) - see Thu Sep 29
- Equusearch received several calls about possible sightings and leads; each was mistaken identity (10)

THU SEP 29
- Boat search on Mississippi River (10)
- Husband moves vehicle to Lexus dealership (10)

FRI SEP 30

- Surveillance image of MR walking south on Constance St towards the Pontchartrain Expressway released (11)

SOURCES
(1)Search for missing Alvin ISD teacher continues after car found in New Orleans
(2)'Really tough time' | Husband of missing Alvin woman says children are struggling with news
(3)Alvin ISD teacher still missing after car found in New Orleans, sheriff's office says
(4)Missing Texas teacher's car found in New Orleans as search continues
(5)HAVE YOU SEEN MICHELLE REYNOLDS?: Search continues for missing Alvin ISD teacher last seen on Thursday
(6)Missing TX teacher's car found in New Orleans; husband desperately in search of answers exclusively speaks to WDSU
(7)A Search Is Underway for a Texas Teacher Whose Car Was Found Out of State
(8.)Alvin teacher Michelle Reynolds still missing; New Orleans police now involved in case | Houston Public Media
(9)Family desperate for clues in Texas woman Michelle Reynold's disappearance
(10)Texas EquuSearch hits pivotal point in the hunt for TX school teacher
(11)https://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Reynolds-Michelle-MPR-Flyer-Rev-02.pdf

I'm also attaching a map below, showing the vehicle's location compared with the location of this latest surveillance footage.
So by 4 PM, about a mile from the bridge over the Mississippi River … just an observation ….

Last edited:
Michelle is 48.

So MH issues beginning at 41 and appears they have escalated over time. Unusual for MH issues to just "spring up" so late in the game. I can think of 3 potential causes offhand - 1. Early/difficult menopause (hormonal), 2. Substance-related, 3. trauma. Am leaning towards 1.

JMO.

Has her hair been cut?

She was wearing open-toe sandals and her hair was cut short and colored blonde. Texas EquuSearch said this was the exact clothing she was wearing when she was last seen.

It looks like her hair has been cut since the originally published photos were taken, but I haven't seen any information about whether that hair cut (and color?) happened before or after her disappearance.

So MH issues beginning at 41 and appears they have escalated over time. Unusual for MH issues to just "spring up" so late in the game. I can think of 3 potential causes offhand - 1. Early/difficult menopause (hormonal), 2. Substance-related, 3. trauma. Am leaning towards 1.

JMO.

I wonder if her problems actually only began at 41 or perhaps the MH issues were mild and manageable when she was younger, but she has needed more help as she headed into middle age. I agree with you that peri-menopause could exacerbate the situation.

So she left her keys and purse in the car but took the car keys with her?? Didn't it say her husband unlocked the car. Could locking the car be a clue - she didn't want to take her phone with her but she kept the keys to return later??

Maybe she was going to that location to deal with some trauma from her past - follow someone - confront someone.

Maybe the jacket was because she was experiencing hot and cold chills form withdrawal - she looks very distracted even empty like. So sad if she is experiencing something she cannot resolve or get any inner peace from. Hope and prayer for a good resolution considering they at least know a starting point now and maybe others might know if this place has any significance for her. MOO

JMO.
It can definitely exacerbate existing mental health issues (depression, bipolar d/o). It's possible to have first onset during perimenopause, as well. Psychiatry Online

It's one of those things that sounds bizarre until you've experienced it. My body has been throwing me some curve balls the past few years, physically and mentally. It can be quite unsettling.

It looks like her hair has been cut since the originally published photos were taken, but I haven't seen any information about whether that hair cut (and color?) happened before or after her disappearance.
It looks to me like her color is growing out and the hair is not flat ironed so it seems shorter & more unkempt because of her natural curl. She may have trimmed it around the bottom as well.

On Facebook there is a picture from earlier this year where her roots are darker like this. I definitely recognize her in this pic. I hope they can find video of her that is more current. Her shoes are too floppy to be safe & her clothing looks very warm for the weather. Intervention is needed IMO.

How awful to be alone & possibly in danger.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back