TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No further questions.

Defense takes a turn.

Q: Why do you have so many cameras?
A: Wants to be able to watch her cars and look for suspicious activity?

Q: Did the officer point the Jeep out to you? Or did you point it out to officer?
A: Officer pointed it out

Q: Is hill steep on 18th?
A: Correct

Q: Tight turns into alley?
A: It's a narrow alley

Q: Have you ever seen Kaitlin Armstrong before today?
A: No

No further questions. Witness dismissed.Next witness: Michael Donlin, lived in #ATX at time of murder. He is a former neighbor on Maple Ave.Donlin saw a post on NextDoor (neighborhood app) about APD canvassing the neighborhood. His home had a doorbell cam. It records audio.

Court is back. Next witness: Martha Palao, she lives in East Austin on 18th St.She owns four Ring cameras. Two in front, two in back. The front cameras capture 18th street, the back captures a back alley, where she parks her car.

Police knocked on her door on May 12, 2022 at around 6am. The police asked to see her footage and she allowed it. She watched her laptop and saw a black Jeep stop in her back alley. The crime scene is about 100 meters from her home.

We are now looking at video footage from Palao's front Ring doorbell camera. This is new video/different angle we have not seen yet. It is from 5/11/22 @ 8:36pm.You can see a black Jeep slowly pass by on 18th street. The Jeep has a bike rack. The video ends.

We are now looking at her Ring footage from the back. This is the footage we have seen. You see the same Black Jeep with a bike rack. It is 1 minute after the Jeep passed out front in the other footage.

Correction: The footage from the front was 8:26. The footage from the back was 8:37. It is 11 minutes later that the Jeep passes from front to back.

Palao says she was awake at the time of the murder, but did not hear any gunshots. Around 10, she began to see police lights gather around her home.2 days later, a detective came back to her home to speak to her. He wanted to see the footage again. Palao turned it over.

No further questions. Defense takes a turn.Q: Why do you have so many cameras? A: Wants to be able to watch her cars and look for suspicious activity?Q: Did the officer point the Jeep out to you? Or did you point it out to officer? A: Officer pointed it outQ: Is hill steep on 18th? A: CorrectQ: Tight turns into alley? A: It's a narrow alleyQ: Have you ever seen Kaitlin Armstrong before today? A: No

No further questions. Witness dismissed. Next witness: Michael Donlin, lived in #ATX at time of murder. He is a former neighbor on Maple Ave.Donlin saw a post on NextDoor (neighborhood app) about APD canvassing the neighborhood. His home had a doorbell cam. It records audio.

Next witness: Michael Donlin, lived in #ATX at time of murder. He is a former neighbor on Maple Ave.Donlin saw a post on NextDoor (neighborhood app) about APD canvassing the neighborhood. His home had a doorbell cam. It records audio.

Donlin sent an email to a detective with the video footage in the timeframe which had been requested, as seen on NextDoor. We are about to watch and hear audio from his doorbell camera.

The footage shows his front porch. There is no timecode, but Donlin said he verified the time before and after sending to police. You can see a black Jeep passing by sometime after 8pm. It is moving slowly.

And I’m sure CS away going to be ultra loyal and committed to her now that a rival was eliminated…not.
This article (that IMO CS was likely a source for) had the gross info about how “passionate” KA was with CS immediately after she allegedly murdered poor MW.
That testimony will be interesting.
Although I bet circular & self distancing.
Someone orchestrated this triangulation
which gave 2X the ego fuel.

Justice for Mo
MOO

A second video from the same vantage point shows the Jeep passing by slowly at a different time. The timecode shows 8:08pm.

At 8:26pm, the Jeep is going in the different direction on Maple, but it is again moving slowly.At 9:15pm, you can hear a woman screaming and two consecutive gunshots. After a pause, a third gunshot. It is distant, but it is audible.

While video plays, inside the courtroom, #KaitlinArmstrong stares ahead. Maybe a slight flinch when the gunshots echo from the video. Caitlin Cash has her head down. Her friend consoles her with an arm over her shoulder.

State has no more questions. Defense's turn:No police came to Donlin's door to ask for footage, the only reason he turned it over was because he saw a post on NextDoor saying that police needed video. He never saw the Jeep in person. Before today, he had never seen Kaitlin Armstrong.

'No police came to Donlin's door to ask for footage, the only reason he turned it over was because he saw a post on NextDoor saying that police needed video."

Thank God someone posted the request on NextDoor and that he saw it. But why on earth wouldn't LE at least go door to door within a few blocks??

To me it sounds like MW was ambushed while inside the house. The noise that the downstairs landlord heard might have happened considerably earlier than when the shooting happened as that could have been something done to cause MW to leave the house temporarily so that KA could sneak in and wait for the right time, like perhaps KA hid in Cash's bedroom or in the shower and waited for MW to go to the bathroom before pouncing. The scene and the timing really doesn't sound to me like KA just knocked on the front the door to come in with or without poiting a gun.

No further questions. Witness dismissed.Next Witness: Andrew Vuong, lives on 18th street. Lived there for two years. He owns a closed circuit video system at his home, which stores video in a hard drive, not a digital cloud. It continuously records 24/7.

Next witness: Michael Donlin, lived in #ATX at time of murder. He is a former neighbor on Maple Ave.Donlin saw a post on NextDoor (neighborhood app) about APD canvassing the neighborhood. His home had a doorbell cam. It records audio.

Donlin sent an email to a detective with the video footage in the timeframe which had been requested, as seen on NextDoor. We are about to watch and hear audio from his doorbell camera.

The footage shows his front porch. There is no timecode, but Donlin said he verified the time before and after sending to police. You can see a black Jeep passing by sometime after 8pm. It is moving slowly.

A second video from the same vantage point shows the Jeep passing by slowly at a different time. The timecode shows 8:08pm.

At 8:26pm, the Jeep is going in the different direction on Maple, but it is again moving slowly.At 9:15pm, you can hear a woman screaming and two consecutive gunshots. After a pause, a third gunshot. It is distant, but it is audible.

While video plays, inside the courtroom, #KaitlinArmstrong stares ahead. Maybe a slight flinch when the gunshots echo from the video. Caitlin Cash has her head down. Her friend consoles her with an arm over her shoulder.

State has no more questions. Defense's turn:No police came to Donlin's door to ask for footage, the only reason he turned it over was because he saw a post on NextDoor saying that police needed video. He never saw the Jeep in person. Before today, he had never seen Kaitlin Armstrong.

No further questions. Witness dismissed.Next Witness: Andrew Vuong, lives on 18th street. Lived there for two years. He owns a closed circuit video system at his home, which stores video in a hard drive, not a digital cloud. It continuously records 24/7.

Next Witness: Andrew Vuong, lives on 18th street. Lived there for two years. He owns a closed circuit video system at his home, which stores video in a hard drive, not a digital cloud. It continuously records 24/7.

On 5/11/22, officers asked for his footage. A few days later, a detective also reached out. Vuong uploaded the footage to a USB drive, which was picked up by an officer.He was not home at the time of the murder. We are about to watch his footage.

I so appreciate the diligent Tweets, but damn, I wish we could watch this trial. I, like many of you here, have read every post of every thread of this case, and everything else I could find, and watched almost every report and story that aired, that I was able to. I, like many of you, followed along on the search for, and capture in Costa Rica, of KA, and we watched her trying to flee from her medical appt just a few weeks ago. Many of us had the date of Oct 30 circled on our calendars for months.

And now we have to read Tweets. Damn.

The video shows the side of his home. A fence separates his home from Chestnut St. In the top left corner, you can see the intersection of Chestnut and 18th.At 8:02, you can see a black Jeep move slowly down 18th street.

At 8:23, the black Jeep heads the other direction, circling the block.For about 2-3 minutes, the Jeep is stopped directly in front of Vuong's home. It doesn't move. Then it crosses Chestnut and moves slowly down 18th.

I so appreciate the diligent Tweets, but damn, I wish we could watch this trial. I, like many of you here, have read every post of every thread of this case, and everything else I could find. I, like many of you, followed along on the search for, and capture in Costa Rica, of KA, and we watched her trying to flee from her medical appt just a few weeks ago. Many of us had the date of Oct 30 circled on our calendars for months.

In cases where judges rule against a pool feed, I wish at a minimum the trials would be videorecorded with release post verdicts.

In the interest of transparency.

JMO

I so appreciate the diligent Tweets, but damn, I wish we could watch this trial. I, like many of you here, have read every post of every thread of this case, and everything else I could find. I, like many of you, followed along on the search for, and capture in Costa Rica, of KA, and we watched her trying to flee from her medical appt just a few weeks ago. Many of us had the date of Oct 30 circled on our calendars for months.

I hate to call any trial "entertaining," but Charlie Adelson's trial is a hoot (if you need a trial fix). Defendant will be back on stand tomorrow morning.

I so appreciate the diligent Tweets, but damn, I wish we could watch this trial. I, like many of you here, have read every post of every thread of this case, and everything else I could find, and watched almost every report and story that aired, that I was able to. I, like many of you, followed along on the search for, and capture in Costa Rica, of KA, and we watched her trying to flee from her medical appt just a few weeks ago. Many of us had the date of Oct 30 circled on our calendars for months.

Ditto to all Steve said! I *need* to see Colin and her sister testify. I’ve watched no trials start to finish and this was going to be my first.

One positive note … there is SO much video footage being shown of the ominous black Jeep that while it may not show the driver or license plate, the defense won’t be able to claim that if only a single copy was available, that perhaps a single copy wasn’t considered legit, like if they claimed since there was no time stamp it may have been from a previous day. Multiple copies don’t lie!

Haven't followed from day one, however, I am familiar about the crime when it first happened. Read about it periodically. I usually dont follow too many cases often... I will wait for trial. So yes, disappointed when heard no cameras in the courtroom. Agree, it would be much better to watch trial in real time.

Curious why the judge decided to disallow cameras? moo

Haven't followed from day one, however, I am familiar about the crime when it first happened. Read about it periodically. I usually dont follow too many cases often... I will wait for trial. So yes, disappointed when heard no cameras in the courtroom. Agree, it would be much better to watch trial in real time.

Curious why the judge decided to disallow cameras? moo
I only read one article guessing that they felt witnesses would be intimidated to speak on camera, but it wasn’t a comment directly from the judge. I’d be curious as to the exact reason as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member