TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things in this article I don’t remember seeing in the tweets (but may have missed).…also says which attorneys were doing some of the direct & cross.

Thanks for sharing. The timeline is very tight.

8:36pm - Mo arrives back at the apartment.
9:13pm - Mo sends her last text message.
9:15pm - Ring camera records screams followed by three gunshots.
9:54pm - Cash arrives home and discovers Mo.

Stoned or not, the fact that the landlord in the garage didn't hear gunshots but did hear the door slamming, someone rushing down the stairs and what he thought was the sound of a bicycle heading away leads me to believe KA did stick around after the shooting and it was the sound of the garage being raised that made her leave. Thankfully she was gone by the time Cash arrived home.

I'm curious about what KA might have thrown away in the dumpster. Did she bring a change of clothes and was ditching anything that may have had blood and other evidence on it? Is she crazy enough to have changed inside the apartment, maybe even taking something from Mo's open luggage?

Good morning! This is all I've got today y'all - I'm confident someone else will post X tweets. :)

KAITLIN ARMSTRONG MURDER TRIAL:

Today marks day three of witness testimony. We've seen crime scene photos & videos, plus audio of gunshots & a woman screaming. No cameras allowed until closing statements, so I'll live tweet below.

Armstrong takes her position at the defense table. She is ushered in by three sheriff's deputies. Today she is wearing a grey pantsuit with a black collared blouse. Her long, wavy, strawberry blonde hair hangs to the side. She smiles as she chats quietly to her attorneys.

The Wilson family is here and have their positions in the front row behind the prosecution. There is a large group of friends and fellow cyclists who are in the rows surrounding the Wilsons. Kaitlin Armstrong's mother and father are here and are sitting on the opposite side.

Alex Caprariello

@alcaprari23
·
20m

Armstrong takes her position at the defense table. She is ushered in by three sheriff's deputies. Today she is wearing a grey pantsuit with a black collared blouse. Her long, wavy, strawberry blonde hair hangs to the side. She smiles as she chats quietly to her attorneys.

·
19m

The Wilson family is here and have their positions in the front row behind the prosecution. There is a large group of friends and fellow cyclists who are in the rows surrounding the Wilsons. Kaitlin Armstrong's mother and father are here and are sitting on the opposite side.

@alcaprari23

First witness: Daniel Sheer, lives in Austin on Maple Ave. Owns a surveillance camera which hangs underneath his carport. Police left a card at his door a few days after the murder, requesting footage from his camera. When he submitted the footage, he didn't know what crime had been committed.

10:27 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·
@alcaprari23

We are about to watch Sheer's video:The Nest camera shows a black vehicle parked inside the carport, which belongs to Sheer. The port is slim and can only fit one car. There is a door on the right leading into the house and a fence to the left, separating homes. You see Sheer emerge from the door toward his car. At the same time, a motorcycle passes by the carport. It is only a flash of time, but you can tell it's a motorcycle. We know from police documents that Colin Strickland picked up and dropped off Mo Wilson on his motorcycle in the hours leading up to her murder.

10:32 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·
@alcaprari23
·
5m

No further questions. Defense:Q: Did police knock on your door? A: YesQ: Who? A: DetectiveQ: Were you previously aware of CS or KA? A: NoQ: Have you seen KA before today? A: NoNo further questions. Witness dismissed.

(I wonder if we'll learn that KA owned or purchased some sort of coverall, and that's what went into the dumpster. I wonder further if anything was recovered from said dumpster.)

@alcaprari23

Next witness: Sgt. Jason Ayers, Austin Police Department. Ayers is talking about the significant increase in homicides in Austin over the past few years. He isn't clear on the exact years, but he guesses homicide totals was in the 30s one year, 60s the next and 80s the next. New homicide detectives had to be brought on board.

10:39 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·

I'm trying to remember what we know about the initial interaction police had at CS's house but I'm pretty sure they didn't actually speak to KA at that time so I wonder why the defense is taking issue with the footage being shown.

I'm trying to remember what we know about the initial interaction police had at CS's house but I'm pretty sure they didn't actually speak to KA at that time so I wonder why the defense is taking issue with the footage being shown.
I wonder if they're concerned that they will see Colin's reaction directly and want to factor him into the equation? I seem to recall at first he said he didn't know an Anna Wilson...

@alcaprari23

Ayers says the last person to see a victim is almost always a person of interest. Ayers and a different detective decided to go visit Colin Strickland in person. He knew that he was a competitive cyclist and the last person to be seen with Mo. He knew about a past romance.

10:45 AM · Nov 3, 2023
I like how the prosecution is getting out ahead, with CS. Sort of the obvious initial POI, but elimanated quickly. Solid alibi.

JMO

@alcaprari23

The questioning continues without the jury present. State asking Ayers if Strickland seems evasive or deceitful when being questioned. We are watching the body cam footage now.

10:54 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·

@alcaprari23

Video: You see Colin in a grey shirt and green shorts in his garage. "There's no easy way to put this, but last night, she passed away," Spitler tells Strickland about Wilson. Strickland is at a loss for words and his mouth is wide open. He has his hands on his hips and is looking toward the floor silently. The police are silent as the watch his behavior.APD asks for Mo's mother's address. Colin doesn't know it and doesn't say much. He is rubbing his face and crossing his arms.

10:58 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·

@alcaprari23

Strickland tells APD that he went to Deep Eddy with her yesterday afternoon and dropped her off a little before dark. Estimates their time together was likely 5:30-7ish. APD asks if anyone weird was hanging around them or lurking. Strickland says no.Strickland says he dropped her off in the alley at the base of her apartment right before dark."She's the best female bike racer in the country right now," Strickland says of Wilson.APD keeps questioning the story and timeline of Strickland and Wilson's time together. It's as if they are checking his consistency.

11:02 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·

@alcaprari23

Strickland describes what she was wearing the day before. Strickland says he did not go inside the apartment when dropping her off. He stayed at the base of the stairs, took the motorcycle helmet, helped her get her bag and left."She's passed away?" Strickland asks. "Yes, sir." Colin covers his mouth in disbelief.

11:05 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·
@alcaprari23

Colin on his relationship with Mo to APD: Met at a couple of bike races last fall in Idaho. Says she is talented. Colin says during her visit to #ATX in October, they had a "brief relationship." They went on rides together. He calls the relationship intimate but said he was on a break with his current girlfriend. Explains that he got back together with #KaitlinArmstrong, but maintained a professional relationship with Mo. Helped her get sponsors. Had seen her at events, but hadn't been intimate since Oct. 2021."She's awesome and a cool person," Strickland says.

11:08 AM · Nov 3, 2023

@alcaprari23

Strickland says he did not talk to her after he dropped her off. Strickland says he has met Caitlin Cash and calls her a sweetheart. He says there was "no anxiety, nothing out of the ordinary" about their night together.

11:11 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·
@alcaprari23

Spitler asks Colin to come to APD to get an official statement."Not to be too personal, but does [Kaitlin Armstrong] know [about your relationship with Mo]?" Sgt. Ayers asks Colin."No, not at all," Colin responds.#KaitlinArmstrong

11:13 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·

"Spitler asks Colin to come to APD to get an official statement."Not to be too personal, but does [Kaitlin Armstrong] know [about your relationship with Mo]?" Sgt. Ayers asks Colin."No, not at all," Colin responds."

Woah.
I wish we could see the footage because maybe Colin thought they were asking if KA knew that he spent the evening with Mo (and in his mind, he thought he had covered his tracks). Otherwise ya, huge lie and he was already foreseeing the need to cover KA's butt.

I wish we could see the footage because maybe Colin thought they were asking if KA knew that he spent the evening with Mo (and in his mind, he thought he had covered his tracks). Otherwise ya, huge lie and he was already foreseeing the need to cover KA's butt.
That's a good point. It does seem like he's protecting KA right off the bat.

I wonder at what point Colin learned that "passed away" meant she was murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82