TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No questions.

Defense's turn:Asks why he has cameras? For security, Vuong says. Questions about timecode discrepancies in his footage. Vuong says it needs occaisonal calibrating. Vuong says he has seen Jeeps in his neighborhood, but has never seen Kaitlin Armstrong before. Witness has been dismissed.

The court is down breaking for day.

Court will resume again tomorrow at 9amCT.

Next Witness: Andrew Vuong, lives on 18th street. Lived there for two years. He owns a closed circuit video system at his home, which stores video in a hard drive, not a digital cloud. It continuously records 24/7.

On 5/11/22, officers asked for his footage. A few days later, a detective also reached out. Vuong uploaded the footage to a USB drive, which was picked up by an officer.He was not home at the time of the murder. We are about to watch his footage.

The video shows the side of his home. A fence separates his home from Chestnut St. In the top left corner, you can see the intersection of Chestnut and 18th.At 8:02, you can see a black Jeep move slowly down 18th street.At 8:23, the black Jeep heads the other direction, circling the block.For about 2-3 minutes, the Jeep is stopped directly in front of Vuong's home. It doesn't move. Then it crosses Chestnut and moves slowly down 18th.

No questions.

Defense's turn:Asks why he has cameras? For security, Vuong says. Questions about timecode discrepancies in his footage. Vuong says it needs occaisonal calibrating. Vuong says he has seen Jeeps in his neighborhood, but has never seen Kaitlin Armstrong before. Witness has been dismissed.

No questions.

I realize the defense attorney has nothing to work with, but in this day and age, asking someone why they have Ring doorbell cams and other security cams at home is pretty ridiculous. I probably know as many people with cams as without.

I so appreciate the diligent Tweets, but damn, I wish we could watch this trial. I, like many of you here, have read every post of every thread of this case, and everything else I could find, and watched almost every report and story that aired, that I was able to. I, like many of you, followed along on the search for, and capture in Costa Rica, of KA, and we watched her trying to flee from her medical appt just a few weeks ago. Many of us had the date of Oct 30 circled on our calendars for months.

And now we have to read Tweets. Damn.
Yeah, tweets are better than nothing, but it is only the reporter’s notes of what’s going on in the courtroom and how much they can include in how fast they can type. It looses so much! All the little tidbits they don’t pick up on (and we do!), voice inflections, etc…but most of all, we don’t get to see the visible reactions of the defendant and witnesses. We don’t even know what attorney is doing direct and cross in this trial.

Will we ever know what transpired in the 40 min between 8:35 and 9:15? Did KA pace around outside, perhaps waiting for a neighbor to go inside, or was she staking out the house to see if she could determine if anyone else was inside? Did she knock and did Mo let her in and did they have a "conversation" or argument for awhile before she was shot? Or did KA just storm in close to 9:15? We know KA's jeep was turned off for that long time period, based on what the prosecutor said yesterday in the opening statements.

Edited to add - actually, we did learn yesterday that Mo was on her phone until almost 9:15, so there probably was no interaction between her and KA until closer to 9:15. So where was KA and what was she doing for the 40 min?
That's a great question! Maybe she was making sure Mo was alone and psyching herself up to do what she was about to do. It's scary to think of the state she must have been in when she entered that flat. Geezus.

And I’m sure CS away going to be ultra loyal and committed to her now that a rival was eliminated…not.
This article (that IMO CS was likely a source for) had the gross info about how “passionate” KA was with CS immediately after she allegedly murdered poor MW.

Do you think CS is going to defend her 100%?

Oh definitely not. I meant that KA was deluded if she thought she could get away with murder, and also that CS would be the committed man of her dreams now the perceived obstacle to KAs happiness was dead.

Ok thanks for elaborating, I wasn’t sure if that is what you meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member