TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is twice I have seen references to her dress being pulled up past her waist, and the wording concerns me. It sounds as if investigators feel that it was intentionally pulled up rather than just ended up above her waist somehow, when she fell down. Could KA have intended to inflict even more damage than she did? Did something cause her to make her getaway before she perhaps intended? This is bothering me. Am I the only one? JMO
I picked up on that too, and am hoping that it was a loose sundress (I think we learned it was a sundress of sorts) which would mean no waistband or anything snug to keep it down, so I'm hoping that when she fell after being shot that it flew up... or at least the front part flew up (like if you were lying down and reached down and just pulled up the front of the dress yourself, but the back of the dress was still between your butt and the floor under you). I sure hope we aren't going to learn anything even more horrible about this... Or did Cash perhaps try to use it to stop the blood flow from the chest, or during CPR it got messed up?

Next witness: David Harris, landlord to Caitlin Cash. He has lived at 1708A Maple Ave since 2014. He lives there with his two sons, aged 19 & 16. He is a civil engineer by profession. Cash lives at 1708A Maple Ave.

Harris has never testified before but is not nervous. He remembers seeing ambulances pull up to his neighborhood, but he didn't do anything. He saw police officers near his unit, but did not inquire. When he went to bed, two police officers knocked on his door. He cooperated.

His son, Wyatt, was also inside the house. He was a high schooler at the time. David didn't have any further contact with police until the following Saturday. He was out on a walk with his dog when he approached plainclothes police officer with a bodycam talking to neighbors.

He wanted the police officer to "let him know what I know." He had had time to reflect over that night and realized it was much more serious and that he might have had more information then he initially let on to Price.

Conversation with APD: He recollected that he had gone into garage and heard someone rush down the stairs. He heard a bicycle whisking off. He feels that whoever rushed off heard him open the garage, causing them to flee.

This story should have been written sooner. This story should have had a different ending. This story should not have been about the tragic murder of a young woman from Kirby in Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom.

The article majorly highlights the danger of triangulation! JMO

Harris says he went to the garage to take a marijuana bong hit before going on his walk for exercise. When he went in to open the garage and smoke, that's when he heard someone running off.

I am so glad that came up, because I'd read on SM that that could be why he wasn't certain what he saw or heard, but that couldn't be mentioned here!

Harris tried to remember the timeframe this happened, but couldn't remember what time it was. He knew that there was some light out, but it wasn't totally dark yet. When he returned to his home, it was dark. The crime happened in May, so it stays light out longer.

Even to this moment, Harris appears fuzzy in his memories. He can't really remember the moment or what he heard exactly. Only really describing his perception of that moment, i.e. can't say it for sure what a bike that whisked away, but he remembers thinking it was a bike.

Q: If police came into your house and asked to search, would you have let them?A: Absolutely.

The article majorly highlights the danger of triangulation! JMO
Yes, but KA could have, should have, just walked away from CS and the toxic relationship. Like the vast majority of folks do.

She was living it up in Costa Rica after the murder. Why didn’t she choose that before?

Instead she went into next-level rage.
Reminiscent of Betty Broderick, IMO.

O
Harris tried to remember the timeframe this happened, but couldn't remember what time it was. He knew that there was some light out, but it wasn't totally dark yet. When he returned to his home, it was dark. The crime happened in May, so it stays light out longer.

Even to this moment, Harris appears fuzzy in his memories. He can't really remember the moment or what he heard exactly. Only really describing his perception of that moment, i.e. can't say it for sure what a bike that whisked away, but he remembers thinking it was a bike.

Q: If police came into your house and asked to search, would you have let them?A: Absolutely.

Man… not suspicious of him or anything, but so… blasé about a murder in his tenant’s apartment? That fogged out? Did I miss something? Am I being a Karen? Rhetorical of course. Edit: one kid there. Sigh. OK, onward. MOO

Last edited:
Next witness: David Harris, landlord to Caitlin Cash. He has lived at 1708A Maple Ave since 2014. He lives there with his two sons, aged 19 & 16. He is a civil engineer by profession. Cash lives at 1708A Maple Ave.

Harris has never testified before but is not nervous. He remembers seeing ambulances pull up to his neighborhood, but he didn't do anything. He saw police officers near his unit, but did not inquire. When he went to bed, two police officers knocked on his door. He cooperated.

His son, Wyatt, was also inside the house. He was a high schooler at the time. David didn't have any further contact with police until the following Saturday. He was out on a walk with his dog when he approached plainclothes police officer with a bodycam talking to neighbors.

He wanted the police officer to "let him know what I know." He had had time to reflect over that night and realized it was much more serious and that he might have had more information then he initially let on to Price.

Conversation with APD: He recollected that he had gone into garage and heard someone rush down the stairs. He heard a bicycle whisking off. He feels that whoever rushed off heard him open the garage, causing them to flee.

Harris says he went to the garage to take a marijuana bong hit before going on his walk for exercise. When he went in to open the garage and smoke, that's when he heard someone running off.

State: "Mr. Harris, I hate to ask you this, but did you kill Moriah Wilson?" A: "No, I did not.”

Defense takes over. Asks if he cracked garage to smoke bong. Harris agrees. Says he was not inebriated from his bong hit. Harris says he can hear muffled sounds from his garage, but can't discern conversations. Does not agree that he could definitely hear gunshots from home, but he definitely could from garage.

No further questions. Witness dismissed.Court will take a brief recess.

Yes, but KA could have, should have, just walked away from CS and the toxic relationship. Like the vast majority of folks do.

She was living it up in Costa Rica after the murder. Why didn’t she choose that before?

Agree, but KA wasn't invested in CS like BB was in Dan. moo. no excuse for BB, tho.

Sgt. describing the body: Her face and hair were covered in blood. Appeared she had entry wounds in the face, but there was too much blood to tell by looking. She was clutching a black hat in her hand and she had sandals on and a summer dress.

Mo clutching a black hat in her hand is a surprise to me. I imagined she had been sitting on the sofa on her phone prior to the attack. They did mention there was luggage open on the floor. Maybe she was pulling stuff out when she was interrupted.

And I’m sure CS away going to be ultra loyal and committed to her now that a rival was eliminated…not.
This article (that IMO CS was likely a source for) had the gross info about how “passionate” KA was with CS immediately after she allegedly murdered poor MW.

She owns four Ring cameras. Two in front, two in back. The front cameras capture 18th street, the back captures a back alley, where she parks her car.

Police knocked on her door on May 12, 2022 at around 6am. The police asked to see her footage and she allowed it. She watched her laptop and saw a black Jeep stop in her back alley. The crime scene is about 100 meters from her home.

We are now looking at video footage from Palao's front Ring doorbell camera. This is new video/different angle we have not seen yet. It is from 5/11/22 @ 8:36pm.You can see a black Jeep slowly pass by on 18th street. The Jeep has a bike rack. The video ends.

We are now looking at her Ring footage from the back. This is the footage we have seen. You see the same Black Jeep with a bike rack. It is 1 minute after the Jeep passed out front in the other footage.

Correction: The footage from the front was 8:26. The footage from the back was 8:37. It is 11 minutes later that the Jeep passes from front to back.

Palao says she was awake at the time of the murder, but did not hear any gunshots. Around 10, she began to see police lights gather around her home.2 days later, a detective came back to her home to speak to her. He wanted to see the footage again. Palao turned it over.

Palao says she was awake at the time of the murder, but did not hear any gunshots. Around 10, she began to see police lights gather around her home.2 days later, a detective came back to her home to speak to her. He wanted to see the footage again. Palao turned it over.

This is wild to me that police didn't immediately ask for the footage. What if she had deleted it by the time they came back two days later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879