TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I not see info that indicated that Moriah had mentioned to Colin that Kaitlin called her…. Could he really think she was just jealous of their professional relationship? Or perhaps he is just not being honest. I have always wondered about this. * My opinions

“Not long after, Armstrong got Wilson’s number and called her, warning her to stay away from Strickland. In the arrest affidavit issued for Armstrong on May 17, 2022, a friend of Wilson’s—who went by the pseudonym Jane—stated that Armstrong called Wilson so many times that Wilson eventually blocked her number. Whether Armstrong’s attempt to contact Wilson came up between her and Strickland isn’t clear. But in an interview with Austin police detectives after Wilson’s murder, Strickland said Wilson told him she got a weird call from Armstrong telling her to back off.”

Last edited:
@alcaprari23

The video ends. It was 17 minutes long.

11:14 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·
@alcaprari23

Defense objecting about using this video in front of the jury in it's entirety based on hearsay from the comments Strickland makes in the video. State believes tone of voice, demeanor, reaction to processing information and things Colin says is important to show.Court finds that the video can be shown in its entirety, but the audio portion will be stopped at a certain mark because Judge believes APD officer is no longer focusing on reaction, but is actually interrogating, leading to hearsay.The jury will be brought back in after a 10 minute recess so the attorney teams can doctor the video to follow the new rules of the court.

11:23 AM · Nov 3, 2023

Did I not see info that indicated that Moriah had mentioned to Colin that Kaitlin called her…. Could he really think she was just jealous of their professional relationship? Or perhaps he is just not being honest. I have always wondered about this. * My opinions
I believe we did learn that. And Colin had to add Mo to his Contacts list on his devices under a false name because he didn't want KA to know he was still in touch with her.

And why wouldn’t that be his first question - ‘How did she pass away?’
Exactly! I would have thought how did this super fit young woman pass away? Heart attack? Esp when he was asked if he noticed anyone suspicious around them that evening.

I wish they'd just show the jury the whole video. CS lived with KA and all of this is relevant, to me. How he reacted and what he said.

I believe we did learn that. And Colin had to add Mo to his Contacts list on his devices under a false name because he didn't want KA to know he was still in touch with her.
replying to myself to add - plus there was an event that Colin, Mo and KA attended where Colin told Mo he shouldn't have brought KA along. Colin darn well knew KA was aware of Mo and wanted her out of his life!

replying to myself to add - plus there was an event that Colin, Mo and KA attended where Colin told Mo he shouldn't have brought KA along. Colin darn well knew KA was aware of Mo and wanted her out of his life!

Yes. I believe it was in Bentonville that the article referenced them awkwardly sitting at dinner with Colin in between the two gals. An acquaintance even joked did he have a hand on the thigh of each gal.
*My opinions.

I have really wondered how much of an act he has been putting on. He was clearly concerned and ultimately affected by perceptions from the cycling and local community. * My opinions.

“Wilson was in Bentonville, too. She and Strickland shared a few sponsors, and she found herself at the same events as Strickland and Armstrong. The situation was awkward for everyone. At one point, all three were seated together at the same dinner. Strickland was in the middle, and Armstrong and Wilson were on either side. “What, does he have a hand on each thigh?” one of Strickland’s friends joked.”

Last edited:
I could be wrong but my impression from CS's responses is that he believed KA was unaware of his ongoing contact with Mo. I think he thought KA believed it ended when their intimate relationship ended and that he'd kept their continuing friendship a complete secret, not that KA never knew about any relationship between him and Mo.

JMO

Some additional details from a different reporter -- seems like CS was informed it was homicide early on in the conversation.

Tony Plohetski
@tplohetski
·
47m

The sergeant said it was "hard to say" whether Strickland was being evasive, but that he was struck that Strickland first denied knowing Moriah Wilson.

Tony Plohetski
@tplohetski
·
46m

We are now watching the investigator's body camera video:"Do you know Anna? Everybody calls her Mo?""Oh yes, yes, I do," Strickland says.
https://twitter.com/tplohetski

Tony Plohetski
@tplohetski
·
45m

The moment police tells Strickland that Wilson is dead and it is being investigated as a homicide: Strickland stands silently with his mouth open. His first words: "That's wild." Police say they are trying to find Wilson's parents to inform them of her death.

---------------------------
Tony Plohetski

@tplohetski
·
23m

The state says his tone as he processes information is makes clear he's "still in shock and grappling with the information."

I could be wrong but my impression from CS's responses is that he believed KA was unaware of his ongoing contact with Mo. I think he thought KA believed it ended when their intimate relationship ended and that he'd kept their continuing friendship a complete secret, not that KA never knew about any relationship between him and Mo.

JMO

I agree, you are likely right.
Yet, how can he be so convinced that she could not be possibly involved? So much so, that he was willing to close his eyes and sleep next to her that night, without fear of harm to himself? Perhaps he is that oblivious. *My opinions

Some additional details from a different reporter -- seems like CS was informed it was homicide early on in the conversation.

Tony Plohetski
@tplohetski
·
47m

The sergeant said it was "hard to say" whether Strickland was being evasive, but that he was struck that Strickland first denied knowing Moriah Wilson.

Tony Plohetski
@tplohetski
·
46m

We are now watching the investigator's body camera video:"Do you know Anna? Everybody calls her Mo?""Oh yes, yes, I do," Strickland says.
https://twitter.com/tplohetski

Tony Plohetski
@tplohetski
·
45m

The moment police tells Strickland that Wilson is dead and it is being investigated as a homicide: Strickland stands silently with his mouth open. His first words: "That's wild." Police say they are trying to find Wilson's parents to inform them of her death.

---------------------------
Tony Plohetski
@tplohetski
·
23m

The state says his tone as he processes information is makes clear he's "still in shock and grappling with the information."
Thanks for finding that.

First thing he says is "That's wild" ??? OMG.

@alcaprari23

Ayers says his questioning of Strickland was a "surprise visit." Unannounced visits prevent persons of interests from coming up with excuses and alibis, Ayers says.

11:51 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·
@alcaprari23

The jury is now watching Ayers' bodycam footage for the first time. Audio is allowed right away for the jury to see Colin's behaviors and reactions. Jury members have their eyes focused on he screens ahead of them. Kaitlin Armstrong continues to stare straight ahead emotionless.

11:54 AM · Nov 3, 2023

@alcaprari23

Per previously agreed court order, audio drops at the moment that Colin Strickland begins going through his memory of the sequence of events the day before in the hours before Mo Wilson was killed.

11:56 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·

@alcaprari23

In the courtroom, Ayers explains to the jury that after the bodycam footage ends, Strickland follows the detectives to APD HQ to submit an official statement.

11:57 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·

@alcaprari23

"I was suspicious of him," Ayers says to the courtroom, knowing at the time that he was the last person to see Mo Wilson alive. Other detectives said yesterday that Colin was considered the main person of interest when the homicide investigation was just beginning.

11:58 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·

@alcaprari23

Ayers says his questioning of Strickland was a "surprise visit." Unannounced visits prevent persons of interests from coming up with excuses and alibis, Ayers says.

11:51 AM · Nov 3, 2023
·
@alcaprari23

The jury is now watching Ayers' bodycam footage for the first time. Audio is allowed right away for the jury to see Colin's behaviors and reactions. Jury members have their eyes focused on he screens ahead of them. Kaitlin Armstrong continues to stare straight ahead emotionless.

11:54 AM · Nov 3, 2023
During the break, a good word:

Characteristics of female sociopaths

I wish we could see the footage because maybe Colin thought they were asking if KA knew that he spent the evening with Mo (and in his mind, he thought he had covered his tracks). Otherwise ya, huge lie and he was already foreseeing the need to cover KA's butt.
I don't think he's covering her butt. I think he's covering his own. He's defensive about being a schmuck.

@alcaprari23

Later that evening, Ayers helped execute a search warrant at Strickland's home with a team of others. While at the home serving the warrant, Kaitlin Armstrong was on the driveway. She was with her attorney, but they were not allowed inside. The black Jeep was also searched.

12:04 PM · Nov 3, 2023
·

@alcaprari23

Recovered during the search: Two MacBooks, two cellphones, DNA swabs of steering wheel, digital photographs inside. Two 9mm handguns taken.2nd Search Warrant: 4924 Manchester Circle. Another home being renovated by Armstrong. The house was being remodeled. Nothing was taken.

12:06 PM · Nov 3, 2023

@alcaprari23

We are about to view photos taken during search warrant.Photos: Closet in master bedroom. A small box on the top shelf is a case for handguns. A cardboard box sits on top of it. Inside is 9mm ammo, magazines, owner's manual & pistol holster. There are at least 5 boxes of ammo.

12:11 PM · Nov 3, 2023
·

@alcaprari23

A grey handgun box with insignia "SIG". The box is opened and inside is two different handguns. A silver pistol and a black pistol. Magazines and two cable gun locks, one black and one red. The black gun is the Sig Sauer. The Sig is fully locked with cable, preventing discharge.

12:15 PM · Nov 3, 2023
·

@alcaprari23

The boxes of ammo are opened. There is no ammunition missing from the five boxes. 50 bullets fully intact per box.A different make/model ammo is opened. 25 bullets fully intact. Witness passed, defense's turn.

12:18 PM · Nov 3, 2023

And why wouldn’t that be his first question - ‘How did she pass away?’
IMO he was shocked and in denial, mind racing. I might have reacted the same way: just not asked.

If you came from a childhood where adults didn't want you asking questions about a situation, you could end up not asking any when under stress, even if someone keeled over in the next room. So, for me, I wouldn't put a lot of weight on CS's initial reaction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member