TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to post this, but you beat me to it! It actually was even slightly more, $450K that he had given her to invest. She apparently invested it in herself. JMO

Interesting. I am not sure how she would have ever been able to use any of those funds, though, without giving away her location, or new name. If she was going by the name Ari in Costa Rica, and let's say she opened some sort of bank account there eventually, would she have been able to log into her KA account and wire transfer funds from it to Ari's account without authorities knowing? Probably not, because they probably had tabs on the KA account looking for any activity.

Not to slam HIM further, but this also shows his naivete - who TRANSFERS that amount of money to a woman you don't think you'll marry, whom you've broken up with off and on repeatedly, hoping she'll invest it wisely for you? He should have kept it in his name and just had her manage his account. Easily done! Either just by sharing a password or adding her as a manager to the account. By giving her the money, assuming his name was never on the account, the funds and interest earned would be hers unless she set it up as joint or him as a beneficiary.

Edited to add - so does Colin now have to sue her in a new court case to obtain the funds back?

Interesting. I am not sure how she would have ever been able to use any of those funds, though, without giving away her location, or new name. If she was going by the name Ari in Costa Rica, and let's say she opened some sort of bank account there eventually, would she have been able to log into her KA account and wire transfer funds from it to Ari's account without authorities knowing? Probably not, because they probably had tabs on the KA account looking for any activity.

Not to slam HIM further, but this also shows his naivete - who TRANSFERS that amount of money to a woman you don't think you'll marry, whom you've broken up with off and on repeatedly, hoping she'll invest it wisely for you? He should have kept it in his name and just had her manage his account. Easily done! Either just by sharing a password or adding her as a manager to the account. By giving her the money, assuming his name was never on the account, the funds and interest earned would be hers unless she set it up as joint or him as a beneficiary.

Edited to add - so does Colin now have to sue her in a new court case to obtain the funds back?
My thoughts exactly. Who gives $450K to someone like that to invest. Not knowing when he gave it to her we have no clue what she did with it. Perhaps some of it was put into the property she owns that is/was being remodeled. She could have skimmed away the entire amount within a year. If he wasn't paying attention, it's easy enough to fake documents that showed his investments were paying off or at least breaking even to keep him quiet.

It would be a financial crime and I would think he would need to file a complaint with APD to get the ball rolling. But if he's as clueless as he seems, he may have no proof that he even transferred it. It is an interesting situation to be sure.

My thoughts exactly. Who gives $450K to someone like that to invest. Not knowing when he gave it to her we have no clue what she did with it. Perhaps some of it was put into the property she owns that is/was being remodeled. She could have skimmed away the entire amount within a year. If he wasn't paying attention, it's easy enough to fake documents that showed his investments were paying off or at least breaking even to keep him quiet.
It would be a financial crime and I would think he would need to file a complaint with APD to get the ball rolling. But if he's as clueless as he seems, he may have no proof that he even transferred it. It is an interesting situation to be sure.
It’s a lot of money as well! It must be missed. He must have been doing quite well..

DBM

Last edited:
It’s a lot of money as well! It must be missed. He must have been doing quite well..

He and KA had a business, Wheelhouse Mobile where he was remodeling old trailers to be customized for athletes or celebrities who wanted a really cool custom trailer to stay in when traveling or competing in various locations. He had sold several, and it seemed to be a promising venture for a guy who needed an income while traveling and competing. KA was handling the finances, as I recall. There was a celebrity who bought one. I thought they looked really sleek and modern, and I'd loved to have had one.

The website is down now, but you can find a video of him talking about the trailer. That was where he stayed in Lockhart, Texas. Wheelhouse Mobile: Where Colin Strickland's Love Of Machines Meets Central Texas Gravel

I've said it from day one that KA is a scam artist and a sociopath. I believe a big chunk of this money actually came from proceeds of a cash-out refinance of CS's property, involving KA during a hot market, and before mortgage rates were the highest in 25 years (Nov 3 @ 8.258%). I'm sure the details can be found in threads #1 or 2.

We know KA formed an LLC (I think right before or after they were came off the October relationship "break") for a travel trailer restoral business, and KA was allegedly investing this money to capitalize the business.

I'd be questioning the source of RC's retainer if I were CS. JMO

30 YR Fixed - Texas

He and KA had a business, Wheelhouse Mobile where he was remodeling old trailers to be customized for athletes or celebrities who wanted a really cool custom trailer to stay in when traveling or competing in various locations. He had sold several, and it seemed to be a promising venture for a guy who needed an income while traveling and competing. KA was handling the finances, as I recall. There was a celebrity who bought one. I thought they looked really sleek and modern, and I'd loved to have had one.

The website is down now, but you can find a video of him talking about the trailer. That was where he stayed in Lockhart, Texas. Wheelhouse Mobile: Where Colin Strickland's Love Of Machines Meets Central Texas Gravel

Looks like she was an officer in his Wheelhouse but I’m not sure what particular title she held in LLC terms, and so when it’s been stated that he “gave her” $450k was it through this business or personal? If through the business so “giving her” was just a casual term, the funds should be with Wheelhouse, I’d think.

interesting that he added KA as an officer shortly after their breakup in Oct 2021 when he had his relationship with Mo. and that each was removed so if he dissolved his LLC last September you’d think the funds would be there.

IMG_1569.jpeg

I believe CS has also lost several lucrative endorsement contracts in 2022 after the murder. It was unclear from the Outside magazine story of 2022 what the status of his major Red Bull contract was.

So he has had very negative repercussions from this entire incident. I cannot determine if he has competed in 2023.

Last edited:
The thing is...... have you ever been around cyclists? They're kinda like that.

When I was a bit younger, I got a lovely bike and signed up for a group ride so I could explore the universe. The group was gonna ride by my house, and I was gonna join them. They ZOOMed up and wanted to know where my toe clips were. I.e. they wanted to be sure I could keep up (which I couldn't).

But this is pretty typical. I found it to be true of mountain bikers, too. You hear about it if you can't keep up (I never can). People get irked if they have to wait around, cold and sweaty. It disrupts their flow, the rush, the pace, the focus, the tempo, which are pretty much the whole point of mountain biking! It's like trying to drive a Formula One race car and you have to hold back.

And CS's remarks to KA were on a professional-level mountain bike fun ride. This was totally in line with the kind of thing bikers say IME. Sure, they're unkind. But they're also de rigueur for cyclists.
Totally true about cyclists. A different breed, not always pleasant. I blame the spandex

When I was in my mid-20s, one of my very best guy friends dated this girl who was crazy jealous and insecure and did NOT want him hanging out with me. Our relationship was 100% platonic (and always had been) but this girl would NOT LET IT GO!! They argued about it alllllll the time. She rode by my house like a million times a day... at times when he was there and at times when he wasn't. I kept asking him why in the world he would put up with that, but he believed that all girls were like that. I tried to assure him they certainly were not, but he never listened. Sadly, the girl somehow roped him into marrying her... at which point, she made him cut off all contact with me. They were only married a few years before they got a divorce (no surprise there), and he eventually called me to apologize. I forgave him, but it really hurt that he would just cut me out of his life like that (because we were seriously THE BEST OF FRIENDS!), so our relationship just hasn't ever been the same since.

Anyway... the moral of the story is that men need to stay away from insecure women. It never ends well.

I agree with your statement. I've been in your situation before and it does suck to be cut off from a platonic friendship over someone else's insecurity.
I'm still not 100% sure Colin didn't provoke this situation though. I guess I'll keep reading.

I've said it from day one that KA is a scam artist and a sociopath. I believe a big chunk of this money actually came from proceeds of a cash-out refinance of CS's property, involving KA during a hot market, and before mortgage rates were the highest in 25 years (Nov 3 @ 8.258%). I'm sure the details can be found in threads #1 or 2.

We know KA formed an LLC (I think right before or after they were came off the October relationship "break") for a travel trailer restoral business, and KA was allegedly investing this money to capitalize the business.

I'd be questioning the source of RC's retainer if I were CS. JMO

30 YR Fixed - Texas

Never made any sense how KA seemed desperate to keep a foot inside CS door when this relationship was so done. CS tried to get out and away from KA and she convinced him it was too difficult to untangle their relationship because of their business investments. So she immediately forms a legal entity to tie them together....

IMO, the $400 was probably already gone she was afraid of being uncovered which would happen if they went their separate ways.

The thing is...... have you ever been around cyclists? They're kinda like that.

When I was a bit younger, I got a lovely bike and signed up for a group ride so I could explore the universe. The group was gonna ride by my house, and I was gonna join them. They ZOOMed up and wanted to know where my toe clips were. I.e. they wanted to be sure I could keep up (which I couldn't).

But this is pretty typical. I found it to be true of mountain bikers, too. You hear about it if you can't keep up (I never can). People get irked if they have to wait around, cold and sweaty. It disrupts their flow, the rush, the pace, the focus, the tempo, which are pretty much the whole point of mountain biking! It's like trying to drive a Formula One race car and you have to hold back.

And CS's remarks to KA were on a professional-level mountain bike fun ride. This was totally in line with the kind of thing bikers say IME. Sure, they're unkind. But they're also de rigueur for cyclists.
Wow, had no idea. I do get it, from a more basic perspective. If I want to walk for exercise but my partner wants to stop to take photos every 5 min, I won’t feel I’m getting an exercise benefit from it. So sometimes you need equal partners in whatever you’re doing. (Usually I’m the one stopping to take the pics tho, lol)

I believe CS has also lost several lucrative endorsement contracts in 2022 after the murder. It was unclear from the Outside magazine story of 2022 what the status of his major Red Bull contract was.

So he has had very negative repercussions from this entire incident. I cannot determine if he has competed in 2023.
I believe that was her (KA) way of "killing" CS and leaving him alive at the same time. His remark about feeling tortured by his proximity to the horrible crime must have sparked glee with KA.

I agree with your statement. I've been in your situation before and it does suck to be cut off from a platonic friendship over someone else's insecurity.
I'm still not 100% sure Colin didn't provoke this situation though. I guess I'll keep reading.
I think male-female friendships can be tough if one of them has a partner, esp if the partner has been burned before with cheating. You want to trust, but…

Never made any sense how KA seemed desperate to keep a foot inside CS door when this relationship was so done. CS tried to get out and away from KA and she convinced him it was too difficult to untangle their relationship because of their business investments. So she immediately forms a legal entity to tie them together....

IMO, the $400 was probably already gone she was afraid of being uncovered which would happen if they went their separate ways.
I wish we knew more about her previous relationships. Surely there were many, given her age and looks, so what happened to each of those?

I wish we knew more about her previous relationships. Surely there were many, given her age and looks, so what happened to each of those?

I believe the defense attorney asked about prior relationships, and LE reported that she had a previous boyfriend in the Santa Cruz area but they split up because of each of their professional cycling careers.

I don't think he is still affiliated with Red Bull. He is not currently listed as one of their athletes on their website.

Filtered for cycling: https://www.redbull.com/us-en/athle...3a5af6afd38e&filter.assetType=person-profiles

I think male-female friendships can be tough if one of them has a partner, esp if the partner has been burned before with cheating. You want to trust, but…

I so agree but by KA's age, you come to know the difference between an interloper and a female gal-pal to your partner who respects the couples relationship, and the female that doesn't respect boundaries, and typically seeks "friendships" predominately with attached men for reasons she should explore in therapy. We all know those women!

However, I think the beauty of an evolved relationship is when your partner grows to see the difference between female friends who respect boundaries, and those who do not, and makes a conscious decision not to invest any energy in the later. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x