TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I so agree but by KA's age, you come to know the difference between an interloper and a female gal-pal to your partner who respects the couples relationship, and the female that doesn't respect boundaries, and typically seeks "friendships" predominately with attached men for reasons she should explore in therapy. We all know those women!

However, I think the beauty of an evolved relationship is when your partner grows to see the difference between female friends who respect boundaries, and those who do not, and makes a conscious decision not to invest any energy in the later. JMO
You make it sound so simple! Women can be cunning, on both sides. And also intentionally misleading. And how would a woman know if a new to the equation female has less than desirable intentions for her mate? And not every situation is comparable. Probably a huge topic for a new thread here.

You make it sound so simple! Women can be cunning, on both sides. And also intentionally misleading. And how would a woman know if a new to the equation female has less than desirable intentions for her mate? And not every situation is comparable. Probably a huge topic for a new thread here.
A woman might not know a new female‘s intentions. It would be up to her guy to read the room and decide for himself if he can successfully friend-zone the new gal-pal. That is - if he’s self-aware and truly cares about his existing relationship.

And if he‘s not up to the task of figuring it out, then his woman probably isn’t in the relationship with him that she thought she was. Not her problem and not her responsibility to figure it out for him. That would be the time for her to peace out and move on.

jmo

The thing is...... have you ever been around cyclists? They're kinda like that.

When I was a bit younger, I got a lovely bike and signed up for a group ride so I could explore the universe. The group was gonna ride by my house, and I was gonna join them. They ZOOMed up and wanted to know where my toe clips were. I.e. they wanted to be sure I could keep up (which I couldn't).

But this is pretty typical. I found it to be true of mountain bikers, too. You hear about it if you can't keep up (I never can). People get irked if they have to wait around, cold and sweaty. It disrupts their flow, the rush, the pace, the focus, the tempo, which are pretty much the whole point of mountain biking! It's like trying to drive a Formula One race car and you have to hold back.

And CS's remarks to KA were on a professional-level mountain bike fun ride. This was totally in line with the kind of thing bikers say IME. Sure, they're unkind. But they're also de rigueur for cyclists.
I know a couple who are incredibly passionate about mountain biking - so much so that they decided not to have a family!

CS wasn't exactly a prize, a nobleman, for KA to be clinging to when he clearly wasn't into her. He showed her over and over again that his character was deeply impaired.

We heard from CS earlier that the reconciliation post MW hookup was because it was a hassle to untangle the business, and they 'lacked the inertia to separate.' During CS's testimony on Friday, he repeated that this was not a relationship that was ever going to lead to marriage.

Seems to me that what CS really needed was an assistant, not an assistant/GF!

IMO all the signs were there about CS yet KA wouldn't move out or move on, partnered in real estate with CS, and lastly inserted herself in a trailer rehab business she knew nothing about -- sort of like adopting cycling in an attempt to keep CS's interest. I dunno .. given KA's controlling personality, I really doubt any of the above were initiated by CS.

IMO, KA was a volatile bomb waiting to go off. If it wasn't MW, it could have been the barista, upholstery designer, or the organic gardener whose kept CS's glance 30 seconds too long. She's a danger to society.

KA, the girl asking for community supervision in advance of her trial for shooting a young woman in cold blood, that girl ain't right!
o_O

20 June 2022

Mr Strickland told The Sun that after he broke off the relationship with Ms Armstrong in October 2021, he met Ms Wilson through a cycling event in Austin.

He said he “clearly expressed” to Ms Armstrong that he was seeing other women.

He and Ms Armstrong later reconciled, partly due to the fact they were partners in several businesses.

“Mo and I communicated about twice a month (after that) and I think it was skewed in a very misleading way in the affidavit,” he said.

June 21, 2022

"I had ended the relationship with Kaitlin and it was just interesting timing because Mo had come to Austin to visit a friend that exact week," Strickland told The Sun(link is external)

"It was completely unplanned and yeah, we started spending some time together. That was clearly expressed to Kaitlin at that time and Kaitlin dated other men directly after that.

"We were clearly going our separate ways but we just didn't get enough inertia to separate. Kaitlin and I were involved in several businesses together. ..."

Found it -- it was in CS formal statement where it was reported that MW had also recently ended a relationship when they had a week of romance during October 2021.

5/21/22

Colin Strickland's statement​

I am reeling from grieving Mo Wilson's death and from the facts that have emerged during the investigation. I cannot begin to imagine the pain felt by Mo's family and her close friends.

There is no way to adequately express the regret and torture I feel about my proximity to this horrible crime. I am sorry and I simply cannot make sense of this unfathomable tragedy.

Although it will be a matter of small consolation to anyone else who cared for Mo, I want you to know that I have cooperated fully with investigators ever since I learned the terrible news and I will continue to do so until some form of justice is served.

As a point of clarification to facts previously reported, Moriah Wilson and I had a brief romantic relationship from late October-early November 2021 that spanned a week or so while Wilson was visiting Austin.

At the time, she and I had both recently ended relationships. She returned to her home in California and about a month later, Kaitlin Armstrong and I reconciled and resumed our relationship.

Since then I often so Mo at cycling events, and always in public settings. We both competed in Bentonville, AR, Stillwater and Monterrey, CA. We also met for a 4-hour training ride in Santa Cruz after the Sea Other (sic) Classic in Monterrey.

After our brief relationships in October of 2021, we were not in a romantic relationship, only a platonic and professional one. It was not my intention to pursue along an auxiliary romantic relationship that would mislead anyone. Moriah and I were both leaders in this lonely, niche sport of cycling, and I admired her greatly and considered her a close friend. I am deeply grieving her loss.

Interesting. I am not sure how she would have ever been able to use any of those funds, though, without giving away her location, or new name. If she was going by the name Ari in Costa Rica, and let's say she opened some sort of bank account there eventually, would she have been able to log into her KA account and wire transfer funds from it to Ari's account without authorities knowing? Probably not, because they probably had tabs on the KA account looking for any activity.

Not to slam HIM further, but this also shows his naivete - who TRANSFERS that amount of money to a woman you don't think you'll marry, whom you've broken up with off and on repeatedly, hoping she'll invest it wisely for you? He should have kept it in his name and just had her manage his account. Easily done! Either just by sharing a password or adding her as a manager to the account. By giving her the money, assuming his name was never on the account, the funds and interest earned would be hers unless she set it up as joint or him as a beneficiary.

Edited to add - so does Colin now have to sue her in a new court case to obtain the funds back?

I suspect that CS, like many other people, doesn't like to deal with the bureaucratic side of events. He is athletically gifted and, judging by his origins and what he's achieved, gifted in general, and good with his hands. Enough for a guy. But paperwork is not his forte. Given how thankful he was for KA spending the whole day on the phone about his mother's social security/medicaire, I bet he doesn't like "organizational" calls either. So I think he just relieved himself from extra work by giving her the money, or maybe, he did view marriage/partnership with KA in the cards, just not too proactively.

I think KA belongs to this rare, perfectionists type of "grievance collectors" who cannot accept themselves for who they are and would, periodically, laser-beam on one person and projects all personal misfits in life onto that very person. Problems of childhood, previous relationships, dramas, the fact that KA is unmarried and has no children yet, financial problems - suddenly all is blamed on one person. In this case, it became Mo.

Why, as many asked, she turned herself not against CS (after all, he was her BF, they lived together, he cheated on her, he lied) but against Mo? I think it is understandable. Intense jealousy. Mo was more than a worthy rival, given her athletic talent, her education, her job history, her great family, all of this besides being a famed athlete plus everything else that Mo was. I don't know how the relationship between CS and KA used to be before. I think we'll never know for sure. But KA had many things under her belt. Mo reminded her of what she hadn't achieved, and her own claims to life KA transferred onto Mo.

Yes, KA is a huge danger if ever released into the community. Especially, to women.

This is the first time I saw the video and it wasn't the "push" I expected, considering what people were saying about it.
His posture also wasn't what I expected. He walked like a defeated and exhausted person. I hope he has psychological and spiritual help
Well, it was definitely a deliberate shove. Not cool. I understand he must want to be anywhere else in the world than in that courtroom. He did not kill Mo, so he is a victim too of KA. But he doesn’t come off as a good person in general.

Like you, I hope he receives help as well. This will be a lot to live with for the rest of his life.

CS said she was his manager and had access to everything including his funds. That said, I'm surprised she didn't take some of his money with her. I also wonder if she paid herself anything for handling his schedules, etc.
Their whole relationship sounds ridiculous. Breaking up, but still living together, crazy jealousy when they date others, and then full access to bank accounts and management of accounts. What could go wrong.

And things seemed like they were at least decent money wise to have $400k cash available.

Not that it really matters, because there’s definitely no excuse for KA to murder Mo, but we have only heard CS’ side of his and KA’s relationship. Maybe KA did think they had a future. Why would CS have to change Mo’s name in his phone if they were free to date others.

He said they lacked the inertia to end their relationship (ie lazy). KA sounds anything but lazy. Was he breadcrumbing her along so that she’d continue to basically do everything for his business and he’d continue living his like as he chose? Really, what woman would do that?

And to think KA gave up her entire like (and obviously Mo’s, which she probably doesn’t care about anyway), for some selfish guy who used her, disrespected her, and cheated on her.

Not that it really matters, because there’s definitely no excuse for KA to murder Mo, but we have only heard CS’ side of his and KA’s relationship. Maybe KA did think they had a future. Why would CS have to change Mo’s name in his phone if they were free to date others.

He said they lacked the inertia to end their relationship (ie lazy). KA sounds anything but lazy. Was he breadcrumbing her along so that she’d continue to basically do everything for his business and he’d continue living his like as he chose? Really, what woman would do that?

And to think KA gave up her entire like (and obviously Mo’s, which she probably doesn’t care about anyway), for some selfish guy who used her, disrespected her, and cheated on her.
I suspect that KA defined herself by the acceptance or rejection of others. She wanted CS to validate her worth. He likely did breadcrumb KA, and possibly Mo too. Who knows how many others?

CS is not likable, IMO.
But he didn’t pull the trigger.

I suspect that KA defined herself by the acceptance or rejection of others. She wanted CS to validate her worth. He likely did breadcrumb KA, and possibly Mo too. Who knows how many others?

CS is not likable, IMO.
But he didn’t pull the trigger.
Well said.
No man by his words or actions should define your worth. She should of moved out and on.
He was not her guy.

Moo

Well, it was definitely a deliberate shove. Not cool. I understand he must want to be anywhere else in the world than in that courtroom. He did not kill Mo, so he is a victim too of KA. But he doesn’t come off as a good person in general.

Like you, I hope he receives help as well. This will be a lot to live with for the rest of his life.

This doesn't look good, if he shoves women in public on film, what does he do in private?
He has some issues he needs to resolve.

We have heard it before "there's someone out there for everyone," but perhaps KA couldn't see that... was she possibly overwhelmed with jealousy about MW's success. CS's words hurt her and MW the better athlete had more in common with her guy, did she want MW out of the picture?

Jealousy can really bring out the worst in a person and unfortunately that's what happened here... Did she want revenge against MW?

Thought she first attempted to stage the crime scene but then heard the neighbor and decided to leave. It's unbelievable she wouldn't know her vehicle would be caught on camera. The bike being thrown - at first I thought was staging, but the more I think about this the more I lean toward rage against MW. Destroy everything MW!

Do women like to have what they can't have... KA may very well have been done with CS, but when another woman is involved, the claws, come out. Unfortunately, MW lost her life.

Speculation and moo

Hey folks ... Remember that CS is not who's on trial here. By WS Victim Friendly policy, he is actually a victim. He may not be every woman's dreamboat, but whether you like him or not, please stop with the absolute trashing of the guy.

Thanks.

I don't know what kind of a person he is. Opinions vary between his good friends and his exes, and neither might be too fair. All I know is that he was raised by hippies and achieved everything himself. We also can see that he was not in love with KA, but - she later murdered another woman in cold blood, so maybe, KA she didn't deserve much love? I also believe that the falling out between himself and KA in the autumn was real and that they both were free to, and saw different people.

He has been through a lot and lost everything in the process. As to his walk - ex-athletes sometimes fall apart fast physically when they stop training, maybe it is what's happening? (He is close to 40, and if there is a family history of rheumatoid arthritis in his family, I can immediately tell you what I see, but I simply don't know).

Was the prosecution finished questioning CS Friday? I was trying to read back to see what he testified to so I could get an idea of what the defense will question him on and missed it if anyone tweeted the state was through with him.

Hey folks ... Remember that CS is not who's on trial here. By WS Victim Friendly policy, he is actually a victim. He may not be every woman's dreamboat, but whether you like him or not, please stop with the absolute trashing of the guy.

Thanks.
He is most certainly a victim. When he and Mo we're involved, he was not in a relationship with KA. When he and KA reconciled, the physical relationship with Mo ended and he never cheated on KA. I do believe that he had deep admiration for Mo and wanted to both mentor her and have a friendship with her. Obviously KA was far more unstable and volatile than he ever realized. Blaming CS is the laziest interpretation of what happened here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper