TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownRice

Reaction score
Texas police are hunting for a 34-year-old yoga teacher accused of shooting dead the leading U.S. gravel cyclist, dubbed the 'winningest woman in America', because she'd had a brief relationship with her boyfriend.

Kaitlin Armstrong has not been seen since May 13 - two days after the murder of Moriah Wilson, 25 who was found covered in blood at a friend's home in East Austin on May 11.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Armstrong, a yoga teacher, who remains on the run and has deleted all her social media accounts.

Armstrong's boyfriend Colin Strickland, also a professional cyclist, had a brief romantic relationship with Wilson in October when he and his girlfriend of three years were on a break.

He and Armstrong got back together shortly after his fling with Wilson but his girlfriend only found out about the one-week dalliance in January. “

Yoga teacher, 34, 'murders world class cyclist, 25, in jealous rage'

Link to timeline created by Websleuths member cujenn81:
Kaitlin Armstrong Trial
Kaitlin Armstrong Trial [ABRIDGED]

Link to Timeline prepared by Websleuths member SMK777

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Some posts have been removed. CS has been cleared by LE and KA is the only person charged with this crime. Please stop the negative speculation about anyone else's involvement in this crime.

Thank you.

He's not being very honest or transparent here, is he... Did he really not tell APD about Mo being blocked on his phone in order to protect KA? Was he afraid of KA at that time and just hoped police would figure out who killed her and felt telling them this wasn't relevant because it couldn't possibly have been KA who shot her?

I don't know because I feel like we had already heard that previously so he must have mentioned it in one of his police interviews? Unless it came out in an article?

Edit: Turns out the info about the blocked number was in the police affidavit. In the defense's motion to suppress evidence, they noted that in the two lengthy interviews they reviewed, CS never stated that KA had blocked Mo's number. Hopefully the State can clear this up on redirect.

Last edited:
Defense is now down a line of questioning regarding who else would drive Armstrong's Jeep. Strickland said he'd drive it on rare occasions and it's "conceivable" that Armstrong's friends or family would also drive it on a rare occasion, but Armstrong drove it primarily.

Defense now asked Strickland about Wilson's contact being blocked.

Defense pulling up previously viewed text messages between Mo & Colin.Pointing to a text from 5/11 where he mentions "he never heard" from Mo. Earlier that day, Mo Wilson did send him a text.Q: "Would you sometimes get messages from people and act like you didn't receive them?"Colin clarifies that he was already on a bike ride when she texted him and wasn't looking at his texts

Colin being asked about what "sexting" means to him. Colin refuses to answer, calls the term ridiculous. They are discussing a naughty photo that a Colorado woman sent him of herself in a bra.Colin very clearly is agitated with having to answer the defense's questions.

Colin says he met with the district attorney and went over all his blocked contacts.Q: Did anything seem wrong or inaccurate to you?Defense says 71 contacts had been blocked in the spreadsheet that he reviewed with the DA. Colin agrees.Defense asks if it's possible that he might have personally blocked upwards of 60 contacts. Colin can't recall or confirm.

How could he not even answer that? The only time I've blocked a number is from spam calls. I don't think I've ever blocked an actual contact/friend/relative. Surely he would know that he's never blocked 60 legit contacts?

ITA but this seems easier said than done. She had a lot of access to his life and obviously is the type to cause destruction on the way out. He wouldn’t be the first person to feel stuck in a relationship with a controlling and volatile partner.
I hear ya, but respectfully, people engage in contentious divorces every day, but realize that the divorce is better than the alternative. Yes, the entanglements certainly would make things require an attorney or two, but better to cut your losses and move on than to live your life in an on again/off again relationship with little evidence of love, and no evidence of trust, and one that doesn't allow you to safely pursue a fulfilling one. JMO

Defense: "Would you agree that sending a picture of yourself in a bra would signal some sort of romantic or intimate relationship?"Colin says he did not tell Armstrong about this photo. He did not discourage it and he did not tell KA. Colin says it was unfair for KA to be upset about this.

Carissa Lehmkuhl
@CarissaonFOX7

CS (re: Wilson): “I believe at one point I determined the contact had been blocked & I unblocked her”
D: “Why didn’t you tell the police that on May 12th? 17th?"
CS: “I don’t recall why”
D: “Why is the first time you’re saying that today on the witness stand?"
CS: “You got me”
11:40 AM · Nov 6, 2023

Strickland admits to blocking dozens of phone contacts/email addresses himself on occasion.

Defense asks if Wilson & Strickland's text conversations were ever sexual in nature. Strickland says no.
@fox7austin
11:42 AM · Nov 6, 2023

Strickland is more or less dodging a lot of questions and some of his answers are coming off as cryptic. Seems very uncomfortable up there.
@fox7austin
11:44 AM · Nov 6, 2023

Prosecution and defense having a sidebar with the judge. Have to wonder if it has to do with the Strickland is fighting back against the defense's line of questioning. Strickland has his head in his hands and looks upset.

Defense asking about a dish kept in the living room where they keep their keys. Now asking about marijuana and magic mushrooms kept in the home that police found during search warrant. The weed was his, the shrooms were Armstrong's, Colin says.

It would be so much easier if CS just said that in the days after Mo's murder, he may have been protecting KA, either consciously or subconsciously, and that's why he wasn't volunteering information to the police that would paint her in a bad light.

Prosecution and defense having a sidebar with the judge. Have to wonder if it has to do with the Strickland is fighting back against the defense's line of questioning. Strickland has his head in his hands and looks upset.

Defense asking about a dish kept in the living room where they keep their keys. Now asking about marijuana and magic mushrooms kept in the home that police found during search warrant. The weed was his, the shrooms were Armstrong's, Colin says.

Good Lord. We had heard about the pot being all over the house, but now we are hearing about shrooms...Shrooms are the last thing KA needed. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C