TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I think CS's early response -- new phones, etc -- was protective, pre-emptive. Last social contact with Mo, he may have been worried that he'd be a POI and would be railroaded and defenseless.

I wonder at what moment he learned the death was a homocide and how many moments thereafter before he realized who the murderer was and why.

JMO

I might be misunderstanding your post but the reason they needed new phones is because police seized theirs. I recall reading in the police interview transcript, CS asking if it was OK for him to get a new phone. He was also anxious to get his laptop back as he needed it for his business.

Cherrywood neighborhood is on the opposite side of Manor Road from the Chestnut neighborhood. A realtor should know this. This strikes me as an attempt to appear as if she didn't know the murder location. just moo
Wonder when it was revealed that Mo was murdered in her (CC's) house.

There would have been zero reason to assume that. And even less for KA to assume that, seeing as she would've had to play ignorant, as if she didn't know where Mo was staying or with whom.

I'm interested to know whether KA told on herself.

JMO

What if it is PTSD? I think it is…

KA ruined everything he worked for and absconded with his money. He is a pariah and been blamed for the situation everywhere. The woman he (I think) was in love with is dead. He also realizes that for three years, he was living with a totally unhinged, but planning, would-be murderer. Does he have the right to be angry or maybe, apprehensive when a paparazzi making money on a tragedy shoves the camera in his face?

So when celebrities lose it on the paparazzi, we are fine. One of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s bodyguards seriously beat up a paparazzi, that’s all fine. Sean Penn beat up a paparazzi, we don’t boycott him. Why the double standard here?

For one thing, the difference is paparazzi are usually freelance photographers just stalking celebrities in day-to-day life or social situations. It is highly likely that very many, and maybe even most, of the camera persons taking pics here are employees of media outlets covering a major murder trial, and several of them are likely local media outlets. Should we ban news outlets from covering trials? Here many of us are chomping at the bit that the trial is not being televised. JMO

Last edited:
@alcaprari23

Spitler says the plan was to arrest Armstrong and bring her in for questioning. She had an active warrant already out for her arrest for a separate matter: A Class D Misdemeanor.Armstrong was at her home at the time, but Spitler did not speak to her. A different detective did.Spitler says Armstrong was released; APD drove her home.

But if she was trying to appear not to know it, why mention a neighborhood at all?

It's odd that she didn't even try to fake anger at him when he (Colin) told her (KA) that he'd been with Mo that evening. I'm kind of surprised this has not been brought up yet, unless I missed it.
Guessing by then she didn’t care. She knew Mo was dead. And I am beginning to think she hoped they would try to pin it on CS.

Double duper’s delight.

When did CS tell KA he had actually been with Mo that night?

Before or after he went in for the interview with police?

I ask because KA was able to tell Tindall why Mo was in Austin right as CS was going to the police station.

I think after.
My feeling is, CS was very scared of KA that day. He was lying, but was on a tight time budget. Maybe he went out with MW to probe the soil, to see if anything could get out of it. But nothing did, and he was in a hurry to get home so that KA would have no suspicions. KA was physically harsh with him that night - I wonder if he wondered if she was guessing? MOO - he thought she was suspicious and was afraid to irritate her more.
So I would bet he didn’t say a word about Mo until after his visit with the police.

Just compare a guy who saves MO’s phone number under another person’s name, and thinks no one will guess. Then texts one woman and shares photos with another one. And leaves his Mac at home so GF sees all his messages. I bet KA knew how to get into his iCloud anyhow, if he uses the same passwords (probably “Unboundgravel2019”, lol) but he also left his Mac at home. And thought he concealed his steps well.

Between him “disguising” his affairs and his GF who was searched for by the Marshals, had several passports, changed the face, tried to run away from the jail…who would you bet on?

Guessing by then she didn’t care. She knew Mo was dead. And I am beginning to think she hoped they would try to pin it on CS.

Double duper’s delight.
Yeah. I think she screwed up in one way, assuming the time stamps on the Ring video that captured the audio are correct. If Colin dropped her off around 8:37/8:38 but the Ring camera picked up Mo's screams and the shots at 9:15, Colin was long gone. If KA had entered Cash's home immediately after Colin zoomed off, it may be a very different situation today.

EdiTed to add… I keep forgetting they have MO’s cell phone data to show the 9:15 time as well as the camera audio!

Last edited:
For one thing, the difference is paparazzi are usually freelance people just stalking celebrities. It is highly likely that very many, and maybe even most, of the camera persons taking pics here are employees of media outlets covering a major murder trial, and several of them are likely local media outlets. Should we ban news outlets from covering trials? Here many of us are chomping at the bit that the trial is not being televised. JMO
If he just walked quickly past, there might be a 1 sec televised shot of him, head down and masked.

But now there's lotsa televised footage of him because he's attacking journalists, and probably more crews being sent, to film it if he does it again.

JMO

But if she was trying to appear not to know it, why mention a neighborhood at all?

It's odd that she didn't even try to fake anger at him when he (Colin) told her (KA) that he'd been with Mo that evening. I'm kind of surprised this has not been brought up yet, unless I missed it.
I suppose she was implying perhaps it was a murder in an unsafe neighborhood...random crime. IDK..just a guess.

I think she was smart enough to know she would have received a very unkind response if she had faked anger for them being together after he told her she was murdered.

For one thing, the difference is paparazzi are usually freelance people just stalking celebrities. It is highly likely that very many, and maybe even most, of the camera persons taking pics here are employees of media outlets covering a major murder trial, and several of them are likely local media outlets. Should we ban news outlets from covering trials? Here many of us are chomping at the bit that the trial is not being televised. JMO
IMO, all of this simply confirms what most feel about CS's character, and that CS is all about CS.

CS is not a stranger to media and his behavior around the courthouse is probably not any different than his behavior towards media following a race where he failed to place in the top 3.

I'm mostly sorry that CS still doesn't understand this trial, tragedy, and effort for justice is for MS, and it's not about him. JMO

@alcaprari23

Spitler explains why its important to get access to Mo's cellphone. Wanted location data, shopping habits, missed calls, text messages. He was able to access her phone by the end of the day.Spitler attempted to collect video from the scene.On 5/14, APD was getting ready to publish a press release. Spitler notified the Wilson family.

I suppose she was implying perhaps it was a murder in an unsafe neighborhood...random crime. IDK..just a guess.

I think she was smart enough to know she would have received a very unkind response if she had faked anger for them being together after he told her she was murdered.
Right. What I meant was by mentioning a specific neighborhood, she may have given herself away if no one had yet told her the location where the crime occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho