TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin agrees that KA was a legal resident in his home during the time he was having his fling with Mo Wilson. Agrees KA was using dating apps at the time of their breakup.On 5/12, after Mo Wilson was killed, he told APD that "he did not know Moriah Wilson very well.""We had spent very little time together on planet earth at that time," Colin tells the courtroom.

@alcaprari23

When they moved in together, Colin agrees that KA did not manipulate him to agree to that living arrangement, but she did ask if she could move in.Relationship Timeline March 2020-Oct. 2021:Some breakups occurred. Can't recall if he dated or had sex with anyone else.Breakup in Oct. lasted ~5 weeks. Intended to be final, Colin says.Defense pulls up an exhibit from his interrogation with APD. During this interview, he characterizes the Oct. breakup as a "blip". Basically defense pointing out that he told APD that that breakup was not intended to be final.

@alcaprari23
Yeah, this is why you need to go over your interviews prior to your testimony.

@alcaprari23

Colin agrees that he deleted his entire text thread with Mo Wilson, changed her name to avoid confrontation with KA. He says he wasn't trying to be romantic or intimate with Mo on 5/11.Colin says he knew that having a conversation with KA about Mo would be a dramatic conflict.Q: "You don't like to have emotional conversations, do you?"A: "Apparently not."

If he was exclusive with KA since 2019 with the

That's for sure. Her becoming such a huge part of the business aspect probably majorly added to the complication of separating. Life became "easy" in many aspects.
I’m getting the sense from things we’ve heard in the past and from this testimony that Colin has a little bit of “man-child” in him. KA, clearly very smart, took care of a lot of the adult things for him and he became codependent. Similarly, I think KA enjoyed that control and power over him knowing she was much smarter. I can’t get past her constantly snooping on him on multiple devices and he was oblivious to it, oblivious to her blocking numbers on his phone, etc.

@alcaprari23

On 5/12, Colin tells APD that Kaitlin was a wonderful person and very sweet. In his experience, she had only shown above and beyond examples of human compassion and care and going out of her way to help others. He tells APD that KA was "not a particularly jealous person."He says that APD Detective Spitler was the one who was pushing that KA was a jealous person. He tells APD that KA was a mild and gentle person who is "not particularly needy."

That's his reason for not thinking it'd last - the way she dressed? I do recall that that one lengthy article mentioned this, along with the fact that he grew up on an organic farm but she was from suburban Michigan, or however he described it. La-de-dah.
Yep—about the ‘fast fashion’ it was in this article

Superficially, they seemed quite different. She didn’t share his eclectic interests in music and art. He bought quality goods and repaired his own clothing; she didn’t mind shopping at cheap chain stores. He grew up on an organic farm and thought deeply about food; she didn’t really cook. He went to a hippie-style Waldorf school; she grew up in Livonia, a middle-class suburb of Detroit.

Strickland says he viewed Armstrong as a calm and mild person at one time. Defense is bringing up a third party, who allegedly warned Wilson not to get involved with Strickland. Strickland says he did not know about that.

Strickland says he believes Armstrong had a problem with Wilson

Questions about the changed contact name for Wilson. Strickland agrees that he told detectives at the time that changing the name, he deemed the path of least resistance. Strickland says “apparently not” when asked if he does not like emotional conversations.

Strickland says they broke up for a five week period -in which time Armstrong dated other people, and he had a fling with Wilson. Armstrong’s belongings were in Strickland’s home at the time of Strickland and Wilson fling.

Strickland says his internal view of the relationship was tumultuous. Says Armstrong’s “fast fashion” was a part of the reason he didn’t think the relationship would be long term. Defense asks if that’s, ‘fair to say more of a you issue than a Kaitlin issue,’ Strickland agrees

I think that’s code for pedigree. Social/economic class. Status.

@alcaprari23

Now asking about a previous relationship Colin had with Amity Rockwell, another cyclist. Colin cannot recall KA ever being jealous about Rockwell.Colin now speaking about an intimate relationship he had with a woman named Morgan Rojas. Colin says that KA was never jealous about Rojas.Colin now speaking about an intimate relationship he had in 2016 with a woman named Virginia. In a groupchat, Colin suggested KA and Virginia ride bikes together. Virginia once came over to celebrate KA's birthday. Colin says he cannot recall if KA ever displayed jealous behavior about Virginia.

Yep—about the ‘fast fashion’ it was in this article

Superficially, they seemed quite different. She didn’t share his eclectic interests in music and art. He bought quality goods and repaired his own clothing; she didn’t mind shopping at cheap chain stores. He grew up on an organic farm and thought deeply about food; she didn’t really cook. He went to a hippie-style Waldorf school; she grew up in Livonia, a middle-class suburb of Detroit.
Thank you! And I misspoke. I thought it mentioned thrift stores - it was "cheap chain stores." The comparison here just makes me sick to my stomach. But I guess it's not clear if this was the author's interpretation after speaking with him, or if he made the comparisons. Although we now know the clothing was indeed an issue for him.

Colin says he was in an exclusive relationship beginning Oct. 2019. He did not date other people or have sex with other women while he was dating KA.Discussing a timeline of breakups. One in Spring 2020, he cannot recall if he had sex, sexting, flirting with other women during this time.Colin broke up with her because he didn't believe they had enough in common to continue.

^I call bs on that one.

Reminding myself: He’s not on trial.
Except in the court of Steeltowngirl.. where I find him guilty of douchery.

How could he not even answer that? The only time I've blocked a number is from spam calls. I don't think I've ever blocked an actual contact/friend/relative. Surely he would know that he's never blocked 60 legit contacts?
Yeah, but he's a professional racer, meeting people all over the country whom he'll never meet again, wanted to heckle him, fell in love with him, whatever. I don't see why that would be any kind of problem.

And then there's the issue about whether KA blocked all those people on CS's phone.

Last edited:
Carissa Lehmkuhl
@CarissaonFOX7

Defense asking about events on May 11 leading up to Wilson’s death. He notes that Strickland ran into a friend at Pool Burger. Asks if he was scared that he got caught. He says no.
@fox7austin
12:21 PM · Nov 6, 2023

D: "You said you've actively tried to forget what happened on May 11th, correct?"
CS: "Yes."
D: "All information your sharing is based purely on your memory right?"
CS: "Conceivably, yes."
D: "And you’re actively trying to forget what happened?"
12:23 PM · Nov 6, 2023

D: “You didn’t notice anything peculiar about Armstrong's behavior the evening of May 11?”
CS: “Not that I noticed”
D: "The night of May 11, Armstrong never said anything to you that suggested she was planting an alibi correct?"
CS: "I don’t recall."
12:45 PM · Nov 6, 2023

Defense is discussing vandalism that occurred at Strickland’s house the night of May 12 or early morning May 13. His motorcycle appeared to have been pushed into Armstrong’s Jeep leaving a dent & stone pavers were flipped over.
@fox7austin
12:52 PM · Nov 6, 2023

Defense revisits KA/CS relationship. CS had called their relationship “tumultuous at times” on Friday. Today he said he meant more so internally - because of not knowing if they would work long-term - rather than the relationship itself.
@fox7austin
1:01 PM · Nov 6, 2023

Strickland: “It was mostly very peaceful and pleasant with the exception of the events referenced already.”
@fox7austin
1:02 PM · Nov 6, 2023

Defense asks if during break-ups/blips in his relationship with Armstrong (prior to Fall 2021 when he briefly dated Wilson) if Strickland dated or slept with other people? Hit on other people? Strickland responds "I don't recall" each time.
@fox7austin
1:13 PM · Nov 6, 2023

Strickland admits he at one point changed Wilson's name to "Christine Wall" in his phone to avoid potential "dramatic conflict" with Armstrong.
@fox7austin
1:15 PM · Nov 6, 2023

Defense notes that CS initially described Armstrong to APD as very sweet & “not a particularly jealous girlfriend." *CS agrees that past girlfriends expressed more jealous behavior. Defense brings up scenarios where Armstrong would have had an opportunity to express jealousy.
1:21 PM · Nov 6, 2023

@alcaprari23

On 5/12, Colin tells APD that Kaitlin was a wonderful person and very sweet. In his experience, she had only shown above and beyond examples of human compassion and care and going out of her way to help others. He tells APD that KA was "not a particularly jealous person."He says that APD Detective Spitler was the one who was pushing that KA was a jealous person. He tells APD that KA was a mild and gentle person who is "not particularly needy."
There was clearly some real cognitive dissonance going on with him when he spoke with APD. Because there have been NUMEROUS examples of this woman's jealous behavior -- even when they were on a break. The "I'm sure you know better than to bring that girl to the Meteor" text message she sent to CS is only one such example. I can only assume he didn't want to believe the woman he had built a life with and who slept in his bed every night was so jealous that she murdered a woman he had dinner with the night before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot