TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@alcaprari23

Colin cannot put the black gloves on for some reason. Maybe too small. A bailiff hands him white surgical gloves instead.Colin is handed a bag and asked to open it. Inside is a pistol. He holds it up for the jury to see. It is silver with a brown handle. This has been previously referred to as his Springfield 9mm.

A second bag is handed to Colin. He does not recognize what is inside of it. To me, it appears to be a black attachment for a handgun. Cannot confirm as the court does not verbally state what it is.Another evidence bag: Magazine for his Springfield 9mm.Another evidence bag: Gun lock.Another bag: Magazine for his Sig Sauer 9mm pistol.

Am I the only one who thought of the OJ trial when I read the first sentence? LOL

@alcaprari23

Defense is beginning to look annoyed. Colin is explaining that he doesn't know really how to operate the gun lock or load the magazine into the pistol.The court will now break for lunch.
I don't know whether to believe this guy or not. He did say earlier that he never fired his gun, but was this an act to "prove" even though he's not on trial, that he doesn't know how to load it, let alone fire it?

While being involved in a Search and Rescue event (I was with the injured person) in northern Georgia "wilderness", I was taken out of the location in the middle of the night on an ATV driven by a HUGE guy, immense in every dimension. I called him Bubba. And, yes, I encircled as much of him as I could with my arms, and gripped on for dear life for about 40 minutes as he propelled, tipped, and bucked that ATV. He even yelled at me to LEEEEAAANNNNN so as to counterbalance him (lol), otherwise we'd flip into a deep pool of muck. I can guarantee you my arm encirclement was not an intimate gesture. Just sayin'.

Defense trying to make something out of gripping a motorbike driver when you're the passenger is ABSURD.
I don't think they're trying to make anything out of the grip. They are setting the stage for the introduction of alternative ways KA's DNA could have ended up on Mo and her bike.

Evidently if KA wasn't jealous of these previous relationship partners it was because she didn't see the same level of attraction from CS that she saw with Mo. That he was enamoured with Mo and her rising star in a sport he was devoted to must have been obvious she could not have missed it. The idea that in order to be considered jealous of 1 woman you have to be jealous of all other women is an idea without merit.
moo

I agree! I am also sure how he talked to and about "Mo" to others was one in admiration - CS admired MW cycling ability. KA reading that just made her feel unworthy and then to have him tell her she isnt experienced enough to cycle was hurtful to her ego on so many levels.

After the 25 + minute break, defense's cross of CS continued:

Back. Defense asking about KA behavior and his perception of it on the evening of 5/11/22. Colin says that KA did not seem frazzled or acting out of the ordinary. Colin says he can't recall if KA ever suggested she was "planting an alibi." After speaking to APD on 5/12, Colin agrees he spoke with Armstrong. He reveals to her that he was with Mo Wilson the night before. Colin says that "KA did not seem upset about that.”

On 5/13, Colin met with a defense attorney. After speaking with attorney, he decided to separate himself from Armstrong completely. He is unaware if Armstrong also met with an attorney.Interview with Detective Spitler on 5/12 was 6+ hours. During that interview, Colin asked if Wilson's bike was stolen. APD never brought up anything about her bike up to this point, defense claims.

On 5/17 during 2nd interview with APD, Colin mentions vandalism that happened at his house on 5/13 about 24 hours after Mo was killed: His motorcycle was pushed into Armstrong's black Jeep and someone pushed over stone pavers in his driveway. Two $1 bills were found nearby. Colin suggested to APD that a homeless person did it. Colin took photos of the scene but Colin cannot recall if APD investigated or opened a case about it.

Colin tells the courtroom that at the time of the initial murder investigation, he felt like APD detectives were pushing a narrative.

Colin says it felt like APD detectives were trying to lead him along and he felt upset about it."-- profanity -- you guys for manipulating me," is what Colin wanted to tell detectives.

Defense now asking about his usage of the word "tumultuous." Defense throws out a Miriam-Webster definition. Colin says the relationship never included verbal assault, physical assault, harassments, abuse, had the cops called, etc. Basically agreeing that tumultuous is not the right word to use about his dissatisfaction with the relationship.

Talking about his uncertainty with the longevity of the relationship: Her clothes (what he calls fast fashion) bothered him. Colin agrees there was "no real trauma" with his relationship with Armstrong. Colin agrees that Armstrong was athletic and that yoga was a big part of her life. KA often asked him to go to yoga, which Colin says he never went to: "I had no interest in yoga.”

Armstrong agrees that they had a "brief fling" in Oct. 2021. Agrees they had sex when they had a fling. He was 35, she was 25. Mo Wilson just got out of a relationship.Q: Were you taking advantage of her youth? Of her emotional state after her breakup?A: No.

Talking about the break-up and mending of his relationship with KA. Says he was aware KA went to Mexico spontaneously because she was upset about the break-up, which didn't strike him as unusual. He is also aware of a trip she took to Bali.Says he knows that she lived in Indonesia, Singapore. Traveled to Iceland, Thailand for yoga.

Q: "Did you lie to the police to protect Kaitlin?" A: "I don't believe so.”

Colin says he was in an exclusive relationship beginning Oct. 2019. He did not date other people or have sex with other women while he was dating KA.Discussing a timeline of breakups. One in Spring 2020, he cannot recall if he had sex, sexting, flirting with other women during this time.Colin broke up with her because he didn't believe they had enough in common to continue.

When they moved in together, Colin agrees that KA did not manipulate him to agree to that living arrangement, but she did ask if she could move in.Relationship Timeline March 2020-Oct. 2021:Some breakups occurred. Can't recall if he dated or had sex with anyone else.Breakup in Oct. lasted ~5 weeks. Intended to be final, Colin says.Defense pulls up an exhibit from his interrogation with APD. During this interview, he characterizes the Oct. breakup as a "blip". Basically defense pointing out that he told APD that that breakup was not intended to be final.

Colin agrees that KA was a legal resident in his home during the time he was having his fling with Mo Wilson. Agrees KA was using dating apps at the time of their breakup.On 5/12, after Mo Wilson was killed, he told APD that "he did not know Moriah Wilson very well.""We had spent very little time together on planet earth at that time," Colin tells the courtroom.

https://twitter.com/alcaprari23

Colin agrees that he deleted his entire text thread with Mo Wilson, changed her name to avoid confrontation with KA. He says he wasn't trying to be romantic or intimate with Mo on 5/11.Colin says he knew that having a conversation with KA about Mo would be a dramatic conflict.Q: "You don't like to have emotional conversations, do you?"A: "Apparently not.”

On 5/12, Colin tells APD that Kaitlin was a wonderful person and very sweet. In his experience, she had only shown above and beyond examples of human compassion and care and going out of her way to help others. He tells APD that KA was "not a particularly jealous person."He says that APD Detective Spitler was the one who was pushing that KA was a jealous person. He tells APD that KA was a mild and gentle person who is "not particularly needy.”

Now asking about a previous relationship Colin had with Amity Rockwell, another cyclist. Colin cannot recall KA ever being jealous about Rockwell.Colin now speaking about an intimate relationship he had with a woman named Morgan Rojas. Colin says that KA was never jealous about Rojas.Colin now speaking about an intimate relationship he had in 2016 with a woman named Virginia. In a groupchat, Colin suggested KA and Virginia ride bikes together. Virginia once came over to celebrate KA's birthday. Colin says he cannot recall if KA ever displayed jealous behavior about Virginia.

Defense pointing out the lie/alibi that Colin concocted on the night that Mo Wilson was killed. Defense really leaning in on the word "lie."

Colin tells APD in May 2022 that "Kaitlin had never been violent."It was his opinion at the time that Kaitlin was "at peace" with the situation between him and Mo. On the days leading up to the murder, Colin told KA that she should not come to his bike races anymore because she required too much attention.Defense asking if Colin had sex with other women from 2019-2022? Yes, only Mo Wilson, Colin says. Colin admits he flirted with other women during this time, but Colin says he doesn't believe that KA was jealous during that time.

Colin says he paid for the guns found in his home, it was his idea. KA did not ask to buy the guns, but she selected the gun she wanted. He was not manipulated to buy the guns. It was Colin's opinion at the time that all women should have guns. He now says he doesn't agree with that philosophy. He encouraged her to train how to use the gun.

Colin explaining gun storage and safety. Says he puts the cable locks on the guns. Says the guns were stored in his closet on the top shelf. Says KA did not have prior experience with cable locks. Says he has never seen KA clean a gun before. Says he has never cleaned a gun before. Defense states it has physical exhibits it wants to bring into the courtroom. I imagine we are about to examine the guns.

The defense is now putting on black surgical gloves. Defense attorney Cofer leans over and whispers to #KaitlinArmstrong. A court appointed law enforcement officer wheels in a wagon that carries several boxes and bags in front of Colin. Colin Strickland has his face in his hands on the witness stand. Some jury members are observing him closely.

Defense is cutting open one of the evidence bags. He removes a hard black box and several envelopes. Inside the bag is another smaller bag. He cuts open the smaller bag. Strickland is now being asked to put on black surgical gloves. He does so begrudgingly.

Colin cannot put the black gloves on for some reason. Maybe too small. A bailiff hands him white surgical gloves instead.Colin is handed a bag and asked to open it. Inside is a pistol. He holds it up for the jury to see. It is silver with a brown handle. This has been previously referred to as his Springfield 9mm.

A second bag is handed to Colin. He does not recognize what is inside of it. To me, it appears to be a black attachment for a handgun. Cannot confirm as the court does not verbally state what it is.Another evidence bag: Magazine for his Springfield 9mm.Another evidence bag: Gun lock.Another bag: Magazine for his Sig Sauer 9mm pistol.

Colin agrees that he purchased all of these items. He looks weary on the stand.Another evidence bag: The 2nd pistol, a black 9mm Sig Sauer. This one is not held up for the jury to see.Another evidence bag: MagazineColin now stands up and demonstrates for the jury how the gun lock works. He demonstrates on the black 9mm Sig Sauer.

Defense is beginning to look annoyed. Colin is explaining that he doesn't know really how to operate the gun lock or load the magazine into the pistol.The court will now break for lunch.

Ugh, I feel so bad for Strickland. For those of you who have never been in a bad relationship, then count yourselves lucky. People like me have been in relationships where we knew it was time to leave but we didn't. Geez, Strickland gets raked over the coals yet it is Armstrong who is the awful person, not Strickland. And then to have all of your text messages reviewed by police. I would be mortified. Plus none of his messages are even coming across as showing him to be a cad.

I do wish he was more honest about the relationship. I have a feeling he had to walk on eggshells, never knowing which version of Armstrong he would get on any given day.

Because the police interviews were done when everything was still fresh in his mind. Most people are not able to retain the same level of details years later. So when you are coming to court to be a witness, it's good if you review your past statements to refresh your memory. Sometimes witnesses will be given a chance to review things while on the stand for the same reason.
IMO I wouldn't be reviewing my interview notes if I were in this situation. Sometimes time can add more perspective; indeed, it sounds like it has for CS.

I don't think they're trying to make anything out of the grip. They are setting the stage for the introduction of alternative ways KA's DNA could have ended up on Mo and her bike.
My understanding was that they want the jury to picture Mo with a comfy grip around Strickland's waist while riding the motorbike.

My understanding was that they want the jury to picture Mo with a comfy grip around Strickland's waist while riding the motorbike.
That may be true as well.

JMO that showing a less than platonic relationship between CS and MW would indicate that KA had a reason to be jealous but, the defense may be trying to point out that CS is a cad and a liar and if that's the case, if I were a juror I would think by the defense pointing out lies, I would be free to think he was lying when he said KA wasn't upset.

He may want to bring that anger and frustration down a notch or two. He could end up facing an assault charge if a camera operator falls when he is pushing a camera away. Like it or not, those people are just doing a job they are paid to do. He needs to deal with it. JMO

Posted 2 hrs ago

#KaitlinArmstrong’s parents walk into courtroom. A show of support for Armstrong who is on trial for the murder of Mo Wilson. Mo previously had a fling w/ Armstrong’s BF Colin Strickland months before the murder. Before Mo was shot, she’d gotten back from swimming, dinner w/ CS.

the defense may be trying to point out that CS is a cad and a liar and if that's the case, if I were a juror I would think by the defense pointing out lies, I would be free to think he was lying when he said KA wasn't upset.
IMO, the defense strategy is probably more about getting her off, by suggesting that he was the one who killed MW.

KA is pleading not guilty, rather than 'guilty by reason of insane jealousy'...

JMO

My understanding of "fast fashion" is that it is "single-use" or maybe "single season" clothing. Sometimes, it refers to fad-ish garments that are not worn more than a few times. "Fast fashion" is nothing to do with expense or quality, as some are reading into the term. This kind of clothing is frowned on by environmentalists as being wasteful.

"Fast fashion" says something about the type of clothing and the values of the wearer.

Evidently, CS felt KA had a "high turnover" wardrobe, and didn't like her for that reason.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member