TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I feel so bad for Strickland. For those of you who have never been in a bad relationship, then count yourselves lucky. People like me have been in relationships where we knew it was time to leave but we didn't. Geez, Strickland gets raked over the coals yet it is Armstrong who is the awful person, not Strickland. And then to have all of your text messages reviewed by police. I would be mortified. Plus none of his messages are even coming across as showing him to be a cad.

I do wish he was more honest about the relationship. I have a feeling he had to walk on eggshells, never knowing which version of Armstrong he would get on any given day.

He's really going through the ringer and seems justifiably put out.

It seems like the defense is almost trying to entrap him into a situation where HE could have fired the gun, etc.

I'm feeling sympathy for him, too. He was financially stuck with KA, who then absconded with some funds that were his, and now he is having to prove he is not a murderer. This doesn't mean I like him.

It seems to me he was utterly focused on his biking career, and sponsors, and Mo was a colleague. The relationship with KA seemed static and not going anywhere, but that was OK for the time as he was concentrating on the contracts with sponsors and his trailer remodeling business. What KA did was horrible enough, but clearly it also ruined his career that was just taking off.

Last edited:
The man is in a court of law in jeans, cursing during questioning, and shoving people for god's sake. Who behaves like this? Try going out in public and purposely hip checking some people and see how that goes.

@alcaprari23

Colin to APD: "I told them that I had found blocked contacts that I don't believe I blocked myself...""It became apparent to me that in the past that occurred..."Colin says he can't think of an exact date that he knew KA went through his phone. He agrees that this has been a long and traumatic experience for him and he doesn't remember timelines very clearly anymore.

@alcaprari23

After a refresher of his interrogation with APD, Colin remembers Oct. 25, 2021: The date that Colin told APD he believed Armstrong had accessed his phones.Colin says he did not take the guns out of the closet, load it with a magazine, remove the gun lock when Armstrong was seen shooting at a range. Witness passed back to defense.

Yeah, this is why you need to go over your interviews prior to your testimony.
CS said he's trying to forget 5/11, and did not view his interview with police prior to the trial and /or his witness testimony. This followed CS confirming Defense called and talked to him on 10/28 (defense did not disclose why/what resulted from contact with witness).

In other words, seems to me that CS is being equally hostile witness-ish. He so doesn't want to be here. JMO

Meredith Aldis
@MeredithonFOX7

Colin Strickland says he believes Kaitlin Armstrong “had a problem” with Anna Moriah Wilson.

Strickland changed Wilson’s contact name in his phone because he felt he “had a right to maintain a friendship with an ex-girlfriend without constant strife {with Armstrong}."
3:41 PM · Nov 6, 2023

Strickland is being asked to reread his statements from when he was interrogated back in 2022.He says annoyed, "You can’t simply read this or project this?"

Prosecutors: "We have to, there’s certain rules."
3:44 PM · Nov 6, 2023

Meredith Aldis
@MeredithonFOX7

(snipped for focus) Strickland is being asked to reread his statements from when he was interrogated back in 2022.He says annoyed, "You can’t simply read this or project this?"

Prosecutors: "We have to, there’s certain rules."
3:44 PM · Nov 6, 2023
Again, WHERE’S HIS COUNSEL? Who’s advising him? Yikes. Sorry for yelling. Let the prosecution help you! MOO

KAITLIN ARMSTRONG AFTERNOON THREAD

This morning we heard from Colin Strickland, who explained text messages he shared with Armstrong & Mo Wilson. When we broke for lunch, defense was questioning him about his gun purchases & he was showing the jury his pistols. Live tweeting continues below.

Defense has no more questions. State redirect:Q: What was Armstrong driving when she came home the night of 5/11/22?A: Her black Jeep with a bike rackStrickland clarifies that the numbers and emails that he blocked in the past were spam.

Some back and forth clarifying between Colin and the State about what was said during his APD interrogation. Example: Colin told police he felt he had the right to maintain a friendship with Mo Wilson in a professional manner.

Colin says Mo had one of the most valuable bicycles you can get on the market. In the courtroom he estimates at $11,000-$12,000. He calls it understated in appearance and the general public wouldn't be able to determine the value.

When APD told him that a vehicle resembling Armstrong's Jeep was at Mo's apartment at the time of the murder, Colin recalled it was "very stunning."His response to APD to that news: "I don't know how to respond to that. That is intense information.”

Colin explaining himself to APD and why he changed her name in his phone: "I wanted to be able to connect with Moriah and maintain a communication without triggering old wounds that the defendant was carrying."

Colin to APD: "I told them that I had found blocked contacts that I don't believe I blocked myself...""It became apparent to me that in the past that occurred..."Colin says he can't think of an exact date that he knew KA went through his phone. He agrees that this has been a long and traumatic experience for him and he doesn't remember timelines very clearly anymore.

After a refresher of his interrogation with APD, Colin remembers Oct. 25, 2021: The date that Colin told APD he believed Armstrong had accessed his phones.Colin says he did not take the guns out of the closet, load it with a magazine, remove the gun lock when Armstrong was seen shooting at a range. Witness passed back to defense.

Defense asks if he has handled the firearms? Correct.Manipulated and played with them? I examined them.Colin says he is far less sophisticated with the mechanics of guns. Armstrong does not know if Strickland knows how to handle, clean or properly shoot a gun.

Colin told APD that Armstrong was "very feminine...liked pink things...she's not familiar with guns."He told APD that Armstrong had no mechanical knowledge of guns. He told APD she had significant amount of mechanical knowledge of how bicycles work after dating him.

No further questions from defense.State asks if he believes Mo Wilson gave her number to Armstrong. State asks if he gave Mo Wilson's number to Kaitlin Armstrong. No to both questions.

State: "Mr. Strickland, did you kill Moriah Wilson?"A: "No."No further questions. Colin Strickland has been dismissed for the day. Mr. Strickland will be kept on recall if they need him back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist