TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. The defense is trying to show any reasonable doubt on all of the evidence the state is going to present. KA already turned down a plea deal against the advice of her attorneys. She must believe she's not guilty or that there is not enough evidence for a jury to find her guilty. Austin is, as a city, very liberal so she may have a good chance.

What if she didn't shoot Mo?
The cameras picked up her Jeep but did it pick up her driving it?
If I am wondering this then so is a juror.

He's really going through the ringer and seems justifiably put out.

It seems like the defense is almost trying to entrap him into a situation where HE could have fired the gun, etc.

I'm feeling sympathy for him, too. He was financially stuck with KA, who then absconded with some funds that were his, and now he is having to prove he is not a murderer. This doesn't mean I like him.

It seems to me he was utterly focused on his biking career, and sponsors, and Mo was a colleague. The relationship with KA seemed static and not going anywhere, but that was OK for the time as he was concentrating on the contracts with sponsors and his trailer remodeling business. What KA did was horrible enough, but clearly it also ruined his career that was just taking off.

He needs to get his anger under control ASAP.

Whoa.. defense asking Burrows if the phone log shows CS’s location.
Are they trying to point to CS as an alternate suspect?

I thought CS left the building - or was that lunch break when he pushed the camera away?

I read not less than 3 interviews last year by women competing in the same cycling world as CS who had intimate relationships with him, and despise CS as a man (because of the way they were treated), but respected him as a cyclist where up until 2021was being referred to as 'Gravel Jesus.' Here, some of these woman also had to share the podium with CS but following their personal encounter, their mutual contact was limited to cycling.

IMO, KA was not jealous of these women for obvious reasons and these are the same cycling women he encouraged KA to be friends with. These are women who hated CS and likely felt sorry for KA. IMO, this industry is a very small world where women can't and won't burn bridges-- even with a jerk. MOO

I recall MW's best friend and cyclist (Rothchild) opining she believed MW found herself in this category -- being careful not to offend the King who could hold open the door nobody else had keys to. IMO, the difference with MW compared to the other women is that CS viewed her as his equal -- I think his first ever female equal. MW was that could --good and he couldn't deny it. MOO

Last edited:
@alcaprari23

Tindall says Armstrong asked if Cherrywood was a dangerous area. Tindall says he felt Cherrywood was safe. Tindall says that Armstrong brought up Cherrywood.(Alex note: The state has earlier clarified that Caitlin Cash lived in the Chestnut neighborhood, not Cherrywood.)

Tindall says Armstrong left for about 10 minutes toward the back of the house. He didn't know where she went, but she was gone for longer than he expected.Now looking at text messages between Tindall and Colin. Colin sent him a text the AM of 5/12. They arrange the wheels exchange and later Tindall apologizes to Colin about the difficult news of Mo's death.
I remember this early on. This may have been a major slipup for her, asking about the neighborhood she was found in, unless she can defend herself and say Colin told here where he was with Mo that evening. As far as I know, no one has brought this up yet - Colin wasn't asked if he told her where he was with Mo when he said he admitted to her that he had been with her.

I fully believe KA thought she would find MW and CS together in a compromising position and yes, she would likely have killed both of them.
Interesting thought. A document earlier mentioned KA changing CS’s race registration from long to short while he was in the middle of racing shortly before this incident. Seems like a clear act to sabotage or control him, and very early on I’d wondered if she wanted to try to frame him for this. But that’s a great point, it’s very likely her planning and thought process involved finding them together.

What if she didn't shoot Mo?
The cameras picked up her Jeep but did it pick up her driving it?
If I wondering this then so is a juror.

But she drove her Jeep home around 10pm. So what reasonable explanation would there be for someone else driving it (without her being at least a passenger) an hour earlier? Remember, her Jeep's navigation shows the route that night.

“IF” the defense is trying to insinuate that CS killed Mo…what would be the motive? Ridiculous imo!
IIRC there is a neighbor video of CS motorcycle leaving when he said he did and no video of him returning so it might be a stretch to even allude that he pulled the trigger.
moo

Interesting thought. A document earlier mentioned KA changing CS’s race registration from long to short while he was in the middle of racing shortly before this incident. Seems like a clear act to sabotage or control him, and very early on I’d wondered if she wanted to try to frame him for this. But that’s a great point, it’s very likely her planning and thought process involved finding them together.
I thought they said KA changed her own race status to a shorter race, but "used" his name to pull strings. I could be wrong, though.

Whoa.. defense asking Burrows if the phone log shows CS’s location.
Are they trying to point to CS as an alternate suspect?

I thought CS left the building - or was that lunch break when he pushed the camera away?
He was returning from lunch break when the photog incident occurred.

And yes, the defense would be foolish not to use CS as the alternate when he was the initial POI. It's a very big stretch but what else does the defense have to use here to plant reasonable doubt?

I'm sure CS was warned that defense was going this direction, and just one more reason why he doesn't want to be at this trial.

CS lost his career over this last year and probably felt the ground finally settling and knows this defense will only serve to literally put cameras back in his face.

Hard to go from 'Gravel Jesus' to scum bag after the loss of a special young woman and cyclist. JMO

Last edited:
I agree, but who ever does?

Like it or not, several of his actions or inactions had unintended consequences, leading to this trial. It could be a sort of tragedy for him, but IMO this display of petulance keeps him more like a teen who resents having to buy clothes with his mom, than a tragic hero.

JMO
Yes. If I were present as MW’s family I’d be very insulted by his added immaturity and injury to a terrible situation.

KA changed her own race registration, mid-race, from 80 mile to 50 mile. CS still did the full one.

Results are here: 2022 Red Bull Rio Grande Gravel, 05/07/2022 : : my.race|result

“IF” the defense is trying to insinuate that CS killed Mo…what would be the motive? Ridiculous imo!
Absolutely. Of the two people, one is a man still interested in a woman with whom he briefly had a “romantic relationship” and the other, his jealous GF who said to others “I want to kill her”, traces the victim on Strava, traces her BF’s conversations with the victim, has several passports, escapes to CR and even makes plastic surgery to remind the person on her passport.

The BF, in the meantime, thinks his GF is not mechanically inclined. He, though, is so “inclined” that he doesn’t even know that Apple devices talk to each other and his GF can see all his messages to the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member