TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they didn't learn about the dumpster stop(s) until too late, as that info came from the Jeep's GPS at least a week or so later (?) so the dumpsters would have been emptied by then. And I guess they didn't feel searching a landfill was important.
I think so too. My notes indicate the infotainment system was removed from the Jeep on the day they were notified the vehicle was at CarMax, which wasn't until June 2, 2022.

I think they didn't learn about the dumpster stop(s) until too late, as that info came from the Jeep's GPS at least a week or so later (?) so the dumpsters would have been emptied by then. And I guess they didn't feel searching a landfill was important.
Searching a landfill, I learned from the Heidi Planck case, is a long and tedious, and very costly effort. Just to find a pair of gloves, or perhaps a piece of discarded clothing with blood, well after the murders, would almost surely be a waste of time and money. JMO

Last edited:
I hope the defense isn't putting this witness on just to show the jury that Armstrong's fingerprints weren't found anywhere at the crime scene. In which case, I can only assume the State will have two follow-up questions during their cross-examination:
1) If someone committed a crime wearing gloves, would their fingerprints be found at the scene/on the evidence?
2) If fingerprints are unique to every individual and can be used by police to identify someone, it is plausible that a fugitive assuming a different identity might inquire about the various ways their fingerprints could be erased?
I'm really appreciating your insights @cujenn81!

@alcaprari23

Defense really emphasizing that LaGrone was not asked to compare these fingerprints to any other people. Not Caitlin Cash. Not Moriah Wilson. LaGrone admits she doesn't even know who those two people are. Defense has no more questions.

10:50 AM · Nov 15, 2023
Ummm, wouldn't we kinda expect to find Cash's prints in her own apartment????

@alcaprari23

Defense really emphasizing that LaGrone was not asked to compare these fingerprints to any other people. Not Caitlin Cash. Not Moriah Wilson. LaGrone admits she doesn't even know who those two people are. Defense has no more questions.

10:50 AM · Nov 15, 2023
She doesn’t even know who Moriah Wilson is….the murder victim that she is working on her case?

Searching a landfill, I learned from the Heidi Planck case, is a long and tedious, and very costly effort. Just to find a pair of gloves, or perhaps a piece of discarded clothing with blood, well after the murders, would almost surely be a waste of time. JMO
Very long and tedious for sure. Although they did find little Quinton Simon's body in a landfill, and some evidence in the Ana Walshe case in one, but I think both of those searches took place very soon after the disappearances.

@JessicaTaylorTX

Prosecution asks if pineapple juice can alter fingerprints. LaGrone says it would need to cause injuries deep enough that they would scar, and LaGrone says pineapple juice is weakly acidic. She says it’s, “definitely one I have not heard of.”

11:01 AM · Nov 15, 2023

@alcaprari23

LaGrone asking about people trying to alter their fingerprints. LaGrone says she knows of some historical cases and that it's discussed as part of their professional training. LaGrone says people may try to alter their fingerprint to try avoid detection.State asking if she's ever heard of pineapples being used to alter fingerprints. LaGrone says deep scarring is the only way to alter fingerprints. Agrees pineapple juice is acidic, but it's a "weak acid.""You would have to hold on to a pineapple for an exceedingly long time for it to wear away your fingerprints," LaGrone says. The courtroom gallery chuckles.LaGrone closes by saying she has never heard of someone using pineapples to alter their fingerprints.

11:02 AM · Nov 15, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member