TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot of positive energy in the courtroom this morning. It's as if people can feel this trial is coming to a close. The Wilson family seems in good spirts as they make their rounds, chatting and hugging friends.

There are more cameras in the hallway from news outlets who are anticipating that closing arguments could begin today.

Court administrators are setting up a big screen TV in the courtroom and there is a Zoom sign-in on the monitor, signaling that a witness for the defense could be called virtually.

10:05 AM · Nov 15, 2023

@alcaprari23

Kaitlin Armstrong enters the courtroom wearing a black pantsuit and black blouse. She does not make eye contact with anyone as she enters, but speaks to her attorney at the defense table. Defense Attorney Geoffrey Puryear greets her parents as they walk in and take their seats.

10:10 AM · Nov 15, 2023

There is a lot of positive energy in the courtroom this morning. It's as if people can feel this trial is coming to a close. The Wilson family seems in good spirts as they make their rounds, chatting and hugging friends.

There are more cameras in the hallway from news outlets who are anticipating that closing arguments could begin today.

Court administrators are setting up a big screen TV in the courtroom and there is a Zoom sign-in on the monitor, signaling that a witness for the defense could be called virtually.

10:05 AM · Nov 15, 2023

@alcaprari23

Kaitlin Armstrong enters the courtroom wearing a black pantsuit and black blouse. She does not make eye contact with anyone as she enters, but speaks to her attorney at the defense table. Defense Attorney Geoffrey Puryear greets her parents as they walk in and take their seats.

10:10 AM · Nov 15, 2023
Ohhhh, so is this Zoom witness TA? IS he going to testify for the defense, about how sweet and gentle Ari was?

KAITLIN ARMSTRONG MURDER TRIAL

There are rumblings that the State could rest its case today. Which means closing arguments are just around the corner. On Tuesday, the jury saw an interactive timeline that puts Armstrong's phone and Jeep near the crime scene at the time of the murder.Live tweeting continues below.

BREAKING: The state has no more witnesses to present. It rests its case.

@JessicaTaylorTX

Sitting in the courtroom now. I see a monitor has been placed in front of the jurors with a presentation. The first slide reads ‘Firearms/Toolmarks.’ Proceedings are about to begin.

10:11 AM · Nov 15, 2023

The state rests their case. Defense calls up their first witness - a senior latent print examiner.

@alcaprari23

Defense calls its first witness: Erin LaGrone, Senior Latent Print Examiner, Austin Forensic Science Department.Kaitlin Armstrong already seems more interested. She's leaning over her attorney and looking at notes.LaGrone seems nervous on the witness stand. The defense instructs her to take a deep breath.

10:18 AM · Nov 15, 2023

@alcaprari23

LaGrone says she has testified in a criminal court twice before on behalf of the prosecution. She explains to the court what a fingerprint is and explains that there has been no historical evidence that show two people have the same fingerprint.

10:21 AM · Nov 15, 2023
I wonder if she’ll go over pineapples and fingerprints?

Is KA even aware that, sadly, spouses, partners, boyfriends/girlfriends cheat on each other? Relationships end, divorces happen. They're quite painful, and though it might feel at the time crushing, people survive. People ho on to build new lives, their thoughts and hearts filled with new feelings as old pain subsides and hurts give way to healing....

It's not even lost on me that, while KA and CS had a messy situationship, right or wrong, XS was taking steps to -- I'm sure he thought -- keep KA from upset. By her own texts, they were on a break, mutially defined when CS and Mo originally hooked up, and the evidence confirms that, this night, they went swimming, maybe dinner, some drinks, even split the bill, as I understand it. No affair, no tawdry or romantic tryst, no steamy texts.

It burns me that KA murdered another human being rather than deal with her own feelings, resolve them within herself, like the rest of us do. Hurt, anger, disappointment, betrayal -- whatever it was that her life situation made her feel. She killed someone outside herself to try to resolve, alleviate, ameliorate what was inside herself.

I am ANGRY for everyone involved. So senseless, so vile. Such destruction.... amd we're left with this entitled, self-absorbed, shape shifting caricature of a human being, stiff faced and plotting...

Whereas Mo should be fully alive. Bibrant, beautiful inside and out, living her best life, setting records, finding joy, creating joy, radiating joy.

It's all so terribly unfair.

JMO
When I first heard about this story I had expected that there was a lot more cruel behavior coming from CS. He of course has a role in this tragedy, but I was surprised to learn he was much more straightforward with her than I had assumed.

There was obvious interest in Mo, but at surface level communications were all above board, even the night they met he could have easily gone inside, none of that happened.

He needed to break it off with KA but it seems like she was also insistent on never letting that happen. KA drove herself to a really dark place by obsessively intruding on and monitoring his life and communications. She likely even had created many fantasies in her own head about what’s going on by not seeing the evidence she wanted to see, like obvious romance in texts, photos, etc.

Terrible tragedy. Mo’s peace, contentment and beauty about life was something KA could never find herself.

@JessicaTaylorTX

Defense asks what kinds of details LaGrone looks for. LaGrone says she looks for macroscopic and microscopic details. She explains that macroscopic does not need a magnification device to view, like ridge flow and overall shape.

10:26 AM · Nov 15, 2023
Interesting D is bringing in a fingerprint analyst.. have we seen and P testimony about fingerprints? It's been DNA, and tracking of phone and vehicle...ballistics, etc

Interesting D is bringing in a fingerprint analyst.. have we seen and P testimony about fingerprints? It's been DNA, and tracking of phone and vehicle...ballistics, etc
I don't recall anything about them (because perhaps there were none, other than on the gun?). I've been curious about the door knob, and prints on the bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot