GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they have a camera in the courtroom but I'm unable to find any live feeds. Anyone else see any?
I'm waiting for a reporter to report that cameras are allowed for sentencing because its being reported that
a reputable source (reporter) stated the sentencing might be broadcast live. moo

@JessicaTaylorTX

Good morning. We’re in the courtroom again this morning. Yesterday - jurors found #KaitlinArmstrong guilty of murdering Anna Moriah “Mo” Wilson. We heard from Wilson’s family, and Armstrong’s sister after the verdict. I’ll have updates as they come.

10:18 AM · Nov 17, 2023

Heavy traffic getting to the courthouse, but proceedings haven’t started yet. A procession for fallen Austin Police Officer Jorge “George” Pastore is happening this morning as well. My colleagues
@melanietorre @BettieCrossTV @fredcantu are covering that as well.

Judge Brenda Kennedy is in the courtroom now. Karen, Eric, and Matt Wilson are sitting in the front row of the courtroom, along with Caitlin Cash. They spoke to jurors yesterday. Karen Wilson said in her testimony, “I would've done anything to stand in the way of that bullet.”

Criminal Docket Search​

• Links

The Travis County Criminal Courts provide the following application to search current and future District and County Court Criminal settings. Data is valid as of 7:00 AM each morning.​

BEFORE COMING TO THE COURTHOUSE IN PERSON, CHECK THIS SITE THE DAY BEFORE TO CONFIRM YOUR COURT DATE AND IF YOU ARE REQUIRED TO APPEAR. If your attorney or the Court gave you different instructions, please follow those.​

I want to see court dates by:
Person Name Attorney Name Court Number Case/Cause Number

Last Name Required
First Name
Search
TodayNext Business DayThis WeekNext WeekCustom Range

Print (0)
Use the checkboxes to select which settings to print. You can click on a column heading to sort the list.
EnglishSpanish
Defendant
Attorney
Cause
Date & Time
Appear at Courthouse
Court
Floor
Type
Charge

ARMSTRONG, KAITLIN MARIE
ERSKINE, BRIAN
D-1-DC-23-500357
12/4/23 9:30 AM
No
UDS2
ESCAPE CAUSE BODILY INJ

ARMSTRONG, KAITLIN MARIE
COFER, RICHARD
C-1-CR-18-150969
12/12/23 9:30 AM
No
CC5

@alcaprari23

Kaitlin Armstrong has entered the courtroom. She is wearing her grey pantsuit and blue blouse. She sits with her attorney as we wait for the jury to enter. The Wilson family and Caitlin Cash have taken their seats behind the pros. The Armstrong family, including sister Christine, take their seats behind the defense.

11:00 AM · Nov 17, 2023

The jury has entered. Copies of the rules of punishment have been handed to each member of the jury. The judge now reads the rules out loud to the jury as required by Texas law. Armstrong could face anywhere from 5 to 99 years in prison.

11:03 AM · Nov 17, 2023

Judge says that Kaitlin Armstrong is eligible for parole after serving at least half of her sentence or 30 years, whichever comes first.

11:05 AM · Nov 17, 2023

WATCH LIVE: Scorned Lover Murder Trial — TX v. Kaitlin Armstrong — Sentencing​

Started streaming 11 minutes ago #KaitlinArmstrong #ScornedLoverMurderTrial #lawandcrime
Kaitlin Armstrong is accused of killing her ex-boyfriend’s former lover, Anna Moriah "Mo" Wilson, then fleeing to Costa Rica. That’s where she tried to make a new life for herself — allegedly dying her hair, cutting it short, and spending $6,000 in plastic surgery. Armstrong was charged with first-degree murder.

@alcaprari23

Verdict must be unanimous. A financial penalty not to exceed $10,000 is also applicable.

11:08 AM · Nov 17, 2023

State will give opening remarks to the jury. ADA Rick Jones will speak. He thanks the jury for their time."I know that the Wilson family appreciates the swiftness of justice that you have given them."He shows a smiling picture of Mo Wilson to the jury. Tells them he wants to talk about Mo Wilson today, and not Kaitlin Armstrong.

11:10 AM · Nov 17, 2023

@alcaprari23

"She was a beautiful person... I was so moved by [Karen's] words...it oozed from her yesterday, as well as Eric. That's a parent's love. And to be honest with you, I felt Mr. Armstrong's love for his daughter. I felt it! But the difference is that his daughter is still sitting right there. She's not in a good situation, but she's still sitting right there."

11:12 AM · Nov 17, 2023

@alcaprari23

Calls Mo a prodigy of gravel cycling. Says that at 25 years old, she probably wasn't even in her prime. Talks about compassion. Asks them to not listen to the defense and their likely pleas for mercy for Kaitlin Armstrong."When you get up and walk out that door, I want you to think about Moriah Wilson. Look at that picture on screen and put it in your brains before you leave here."

11:15 AM · Nov 17, 2023

@alcaprari23

"I'm here to talk about her life, not her death... she was taken from us way too soon."Points to Cash, calls her his new best friend. Speaks to Cash's testimony yesterday, about the feelings she has for the apartment where her friend was murdered. Reminds the jury of how emotional Cash was, the PTSD she testified to having, reminding them that she sees the bullet hole in her washer and dryer every day."For 16 months, she's lived in terror and fear... do it for Cash. For Mo Wilson."

11:18 AM · Nov 17, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member