GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed the verdict would be guilty. I didn't expect to feel so deeply sad. This one evil moment in time has brought a lifetime of anguish for so many.

(Note: I'm on the empath end of the scale and have all the feels. I'll just put my thoughts about KA under the spoiler)

My heart goes out to all those affected by this horror, and I was surprised that part of the sadness I felt was about KA -- it's breathtaking what she sacrificed to assuage the gods of jealousy.

Maybe part of this is that in my earlier life, I was dumped by my ex who fell for a younger woman, and married her.
Little Buddhist meditator me I was besieged by thoughts of violent revenge and retribution. Crazy stuff that all stayed at the "revenge fantasy" level, of course, but it was quite compelling at the time.

Even as a cover or antidote for the demons that raged inside, there was seemingly some goodness in KA, both potential and realized, and she was loved (and seemingly did love) her family, but she let the demons triumph. The Armstrong family have certainly sacrificed financially for lawyers and emotionally because they love her unconditionally as a daughter and a sister and she betrayed that trust.

Even for those who take joy in the guilty verdict, no bad thing that you hope for her will match the hell hole of existence in a women's prison in the State of Texas. The physical existence itself will be hell and she'll be surrounded by some violent psychopaths and criminals. Even in a women's prison, there's a potential for physical and sexual abuse.

Watching this Greek tragedy play out, it's an object lesson to never give in to the base emotions, no matter how hard they are to overcome.
This. Every word.

@alcaprari23

Karen to the jury: "When you love somebody so much, and if any of you are parents, you understand what that means... when you love someone that much, and its taken from you, the depth of the joy of that love is equal to the depth of the pain you have to live with. I just miss her so much and nothing here can bring her back and I knew that coming down here. I would have done anything to stand in the way of that bullet and I wasn't there to protect her. And she died all alone on the floor of her friend's house. She did not deserve a death like that."

4:54 PM · Nov 16, 2023
Poor woman. Such a terrible thing for her to have to know and endure for the rest of her life.

I assumed the verdict would be guilty. I didn't expect to feel so deeply sad. This one evil moment in time has brought a lifetime of anguish for so many.

(Note: I'm on the empath end of the scale and have all the feels. I'll just put my thoughts about KA under the spoiler)

My heart goes out to all those affected by this horror, and I was surprised that part of the sadness I felt was about KA -- it's breathtaking what she sacrificed to assuage the gods of jealousy.

Maybe part of this is that in my earlier life, I was dumped by my ex who fell for a younger woman, and married her.
Little Buddhist meditator me I was besieged by thoughts of violent revenge and retribution. Crazy stuff that all stayed at the "revenge fantasy" level, of course, but it was quite compelling at the time.

Even as a cover or antidote for the demons that raged inside, there was seemingly some goodness in KA, both potential and realized, and she was loved (and seemingly did love) her family, but she let the demons triumph. The Armstrong family have certainly sacrificed financially for lawyers and emotionally because they love her unconditionally as a daughter and a sister and she betrayed that trust.

Even for those who take joy in the guilty verdict, no bad thing that you hope for her will match the hell hole of existence in a women's prison in the State of Texas. The physical existence itself will be hell and she'll be surrounded by some violent psychopaths and criminals. Even in a women's prison, there's a potential for physical and sexual abuse.

Watching this Greek tragedy play out, it's an object lesson to never give in to the base emotions, no matter how hard they are to overcome.
I just wanted to thank you for this beautiful post.

First, thank you for speaking from your heart. I think most here feel sadness as well. I do. I don't know that any, and certainly very few, if any, take "joy" in the verdict, so much as most of us feel a sense of relief, that justice has prevailed. Mo's killer will not go unpunished. I agree with you, prison will be hell, but she brought that hell upon herself, with her senseless actions. Mo's last few seconds on earth were hell, and she did nothing at all to deserve it.

I do think we can all agree that there are no winners in this. Everyone lost. But the criminal justice system worked, and the correct decision was handed down. Now, KA will perhaps have the rest of her life to think about her actions that put her where she is, and perhaps she can find it in her heart to feel remorse, and one day find redemption. JMO

Last edited:

This post is golden.

Thoughts I woke up with this morning:

1. I wonder how Kaitlin slept last night.

2. What’s her plan now? She seems to be the type that constantly needs to have a Big Idea planned. An exotic trip, exciting move, life- or face-altering change, etc. Will it be another prison escape, or… well, you know. She’s not the type just to accept things the way they are.

3. Man, just about everyone in the world absolutely 100% knew Kait murdered Mo just 2 days after the murder, yet it took 18 months to get here. What a big waste of time and money.

4. What would the reaction have been if KA was found NOT GUILTY? Where would that rank vs. Casey Anthony and OJ in terms of biggest trial injustices?

2. What’s her plan now? She seems to be the type that constantly needs to have a Big Idea planned. An exotic trip, exciting move, life- or face-altering change, etc. Will it be another prison escape, or… well, you know. She’s not the type just to accept things the way they are.
I will have a go at this one. I can picture her fantasizing about one day cutting a hole in a prison cell wall and climbing through 600 yards of sewer muck to freedom, a la Shawshank Redemption.

it’s been noted often that KA was not short on things going for her. And she seemed to invest a lot in “self care”. But did she go to a counselor, who would have been a mandatory reporter if she reported the thoughts she shared with two friends? This tragedy will never make sense but I have such a strong urge, as in so many cases, to attempt to understand the killer’s mind.

First, thank you for speaking from your heart. I think most here feel sadness as well. I do. I don't know that any, and certainly very few, if any, take "joy" in the verdict, so much as most of us feel a sense of relief, that justice has prevailed. Mo's killer will not go unpunished. I agree with you, prison will be hell, but she brought that hell upon herself, with her senseless actions. Mo's last few seconds on earth were hell, and she did nothing at all to deserve it.

I do think we can all agree that there are no winners in this. Everyone lost. But the criminal justice system worked, and the correct decision was handed down. Now, KA will perhaps have the rest of her life to think about her actions that put her where she is, and perhaps she can find it in her heart to feel remorse, and one day find redemption. JMO

I agree, there are no winners. It's sad that it came to this when it didn't need to. I feel sad for MO, her family and her friends and I also feel sad for KA's family, but I don't feel sorry or sad for KA. I get how some might, but I just don't. I don't wish her harm, but I don't feel any sorrow for her.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member