GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another poster first pointed this out to me, but after considerable searching, I have only ever seen the report of this supposed plea deal offer on The Daily Mail. No other media outlet or newspaper has ever mentioned it, other than by referencing them as the source. It makes me wonder if perhaps something was misreported, though I have been assuming it was true.
Yes..me too. I did find it referenced 1 other place but it was only a recounting of the DM article.

I read it at Crimeonline. Linked in last thread.. did not include the terms
Yes, but even that link cites the Daily Mail as the source. I know they are an accepted source here, but it certainly seems that something that important would have been made known to more than just them, like maybe a local media outlet, in a large market area, like Austin. I think I am going to take this one with a grain of salt and a bit of side-eye.

Last edited:
Damn you lot are harsh

In NZ she'd probably end up doing 20 years or so

Do you think that's really justice, though? We're talking about a grown adult who planned a violent murder. Why should she get to ever walk free?

20 years (or 30, etc.) later, the victim's family still has to visit their loved-one at a gravesite.

Do you think that's really justice, though? We're talking about a grown adult who planned a violent murder. Why should she get to ever walk free?

20 years (or 30, etc.) later, the victim's family still has to visit their loved-one at a gravesite.

I am fine with it

When i was young, it was common to be out in 10, so we've already seen significant inflation of sentences in my lifetime

Yes, but even that link cites the Daily Mail as the source. I know they are an accepted source here, but it certainly seems that something that important would have been made known to more than just them, like maybe a local media outlet, in a large market area, like Austin. I think I am going to take this one with a grain of salt and a bit of side-eye.

There's a gag order in place so I'm withholding judgement on why not reported elsewhere and most likely leaked info.

However, given DA Garza's history in Travis County, an offer rings credible to me.

From the quoted link:

Additional details regarding a possible plea deal were not disclosed as Garza’s office reportedly did not respond to the Daily Mail’s request for comment.

There's a gag order in place so I'm withholding judgement on why not reported elsewhere and most likely leaked info.

However, given DA Garza history in Travis County, an offer rings credible to me.

From the quoted link:

Additional details regarding a possible plea deal were not disclosed as Garza’s office reportedly did not respond to the Daily Mail’s request for comment.
You may be right. Hopefully, we will find out after this trial ends.

Hairline if she had a brow lift

It sounds like that's what she had done.

Mills Hayes
@MillsHayesTV

On Armstrong's phone, June 10, 2022 there is a list of names with "Allison Paige" on it. June 23, 2022 there is a photo of Armstrong after surgery, staring at camera. Another of her hairline showing surgery marks, one of selfie of Armstrong with bandage around nose.
3:05 PM · Nov 13, 2023
·

I thought a reporter asked and found out that a plea deal was never offered to KA.
Gag order is still in effect so not sure about when reporter made inquiry. However, given DM/Crimeonline named Garza's office here, I give it a better than not chance the leaked info credible. IMO, an offer of 40 years w/chance for parole sounds about right to me. (Earlier this year, Garza gave Megan Fieramusca 55 yrs and eligible for parole after 30 years. She was facing death). JMO

It's scary when sentencing taking longer than verdict... moo
My guess there are one, or maybe two, that are pushing for a penalty on one end of the scale, and the others at the other end. My guess would be one or two who want her to face something more like 40 years or less, and the rest who want her to get the maximum. I think the closer we get to 5 o'clock on a Friday, the more likely we will get a sentence somewhere in the 60 year range. JMO

What happens if the jurors can't agree?

In the TX case against David Temple, when jurors could not come to a unanimous decision, the sentencing phase was declared a mistrial. A new jury was selected and defendant sentenced this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper