GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the prison administration will be wise to her yoga and will not allow her to use it to her advantage. They may allow her to practice it herself, but won't let her teach it to other inmates. After all, she utilized it in hiding from justice in Costa Rica.
MOO

Well, if there is a yoga teacher and other female inmates that can learn, I think the administration should allow it, if only for these women. Not everyone is in for jealous murder, why not make the inmates’ lives easier is beyond me. KA utilized her yoga skills in CR to pay for the hostel.

I seem to recall that wasn't accurate. It was closer to $100,000, and we never learned if he gave it to her as in that he transferred it to her name, or if she just invested it under his name but only she had access/passwords to the accounts, etc.

God, it is impossible to sort out what he gave her and what she had of her own. Between "she could retire if she wanted to" in early articles to "she was totally dependent on CS" towards the end, who knows? I take everything with a grain of salt.

While serving a search warrant, investigators found the following inside Strickland and Armstrong’s home:

• Armstrong’s passport, $500 in cash, foreign currency and her sister’s passport card on a table
  • Two firearms and several rounds of ammo
_________
ETA : I guess I missed this ^^^^
So she did she have her sister’s PP ahead of the murder? IOW already had sister’s PP in Austin day after the murder. I assumed she -got it- on way to leave for Costa Rica. Unless this is a misprint.
JMO

Last edited:

While serving a search warrant, investigators found the following inside Strickland and Armstrong’s home:

• Armstrong’s passport, $500 in cash, foreign currency and her sister’s passport card on a table
_________
So she did she have her sister’s PP ahead of the murder? IOW already had sister’s PP in Austin day after the murder. I assumed she -got it- on way to leave for Costa Rica. Unless this is a misprint.
JMO

A passport card is different from a passport. I understand with a passport card, she could have gone to Mexico or Canada but for any other destination, she needed an actual passport.

KA hasn't left the Travis County Jail and/or gone anywhere for a new mug shot. She still has a couple of court dates in Travis County District Court and I don't see her being transitioned out of county jail until her business is done.
I'm curious about her situation in Travis County Jail. I assume she's in some type of more secure confinement since her attempted escape.
She won't be very popular with jail staff, that's for sure.

A passport card is different from a passport. I understand with a passport card, she could have gone to Mexico or Canada but for any other destination, she needed an actual passport.
That's correct. I was curious, so I googled.

From US Dept of State web site: "What is a Passport Card? We began issuing U.S. passport cards in 2008 to meet the needs of U.S. citizens who travel from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and Caribbean countries by land or sea. The passport card cannot be used for international air travel and is a cheaper alternative to the passport book."

Last edited:

_________
JMO

Interesting. I guess she planned to run from the start

Well, if there is a yoga teacher and other female inmates that can learn, I think the administration should allow it, if only for these women. Not everyone is in for jealous murder, why not make the inmates’ lives easier is beyond me. KA utilized her yoga skills in CR to pay for the hostel.

The first yoga class at a TDC facility was offered about 2005. According to the Conviction Yoga site there is now yoga programs in 7 Texas prisons. I believe it's a worthwhile program that has many benefits for inmates that can last beyond their day-to-day existence if they're sincere in wanting to change for the better.

I do not believe KA is the poster child for the benefits of yoga and how through yoga you can find a sense of peace; to relax and not take things so seriously; the ability to connect with yourself; the ability to see the divine in others as well as yourself; to find and walk the path of service that is Karma Yoga. She may be an example of the breathing, exercise and health benefits of yoga but that's all IMO. To me, allowing her to lead a yoga class would be like having a cannibal leading a cooking class.

IMO she's not going to be leading anyone in anything for a long time. She has to prove herself in her new institutional home and there are many waiting in line in front of her.

TDCJ March/April 2005 Features
Conviction Yoga 7 Texas prisons

Edited to correct grammar.

Last edited:
The first yoga class at a TDC facility was offered about 2005. According to the Conviction Yoga site there is now yoga programs in 7 Texas prisons. I believe it's a worthwhile program that has many benefits for inmates that can last beyond their day-to-day existence if they're sincere in wanting to change for the better.

I do not believe KA is the poster child for the benefits of yoga and how through yoga you can find a sense of peace; to relax and not take things so seriously; the ability to connect with yourself; the ability to see the divine in others as well as yourself; to find and walk the path of service that is Karma Yoga. She may be an example of the breathing, exercise and health benefits of yoga but that's all IMO. To me, allowing her to lead a yoga class would be like having a cannibal leading a cooking class.

IMO she's not going to be leading anyone in anything for a long time. She has to prove herself in her new institutional home and there are many waiting in line in front of her.

TDCJ March/April 2005 Features
Conviction Yoga 7 Texas prisons

Edited to correct grammar.
@Walela
I snorted out loud at cannibal.
Touché.

Well, if there is a yoga teacher and other female inmates that can learn, I think the administration should allow it, if only for these women. Not everyone is in for jealous murder, why not make the inmates’ lives easier is beyond me.
We're going to be sharing the world with some of these women. Any positive thing that can keep them sane in prison and helps them have some emotional stability/sanity when released from prison can't be a bad thing.

It's occurred to me more than once that KA may have used yoga and meditation to keep some serious demons at bay. It seemed to have worked until jealousy triggered a murderous rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper